Photo

WIFI won't connect after JB update

WIFI XT912 Droid Razr

Best Answer cmh714 , 22 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

This appears to be a "known: issue with the update. Some of the authentication protocols have changed so if you have an Old router you may not be able to connect. First see if your router manufacturer has an update, and if not, you may need a new router.... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bjrflip

bjrflip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

I have a Droid Razr XT912 that wouldn't connect on my home router via WPA authentication that used to work running ICS. I brought to work and worked fine with WEP authentication. I did a Restore to Factory defaults and still no luck. Anybody else noticing this problem?

#2 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have a Droid Razr XT912 that wouldn't connect on my home router via WPA authentication that used to work running ICS. I brought to work and worked fine with WEP authentication. I did a Restore to Factory defaults and still no luck. Anybody else noticing this problem?

I connect to all 3 of my routers using wpa without a problem. Try forgetting the connection and re-adding it. If it still won't connect try resetting the router.

Sent from my XT912

#3 withmenilu

withmenilu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

my quest router's wifi was not detected by the phone after the update.. only method's buying another router.. :-(

#4 bjrflip

bjrflip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

I connect to all 3 of my routers using wpa without a problem. Try forgetting the connection and re-adding it. If it still won't connect try resetting the router.

Sent from my XT912

I did forget my network connections, no luck. Did reset my router to default and still wouldn't connect. It sees the SSID but wouldn't authenticate. What model router are you using? I have an ActionTec connecting to ATT DSL.

Thanks in advance

#5 bjrflip

bjrflip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

my quest router's wifi was not detected by the phone after the update.. only method's buying another router.. :-(

What model router did you wind up purchasing? Thanks in advance.

#6 nmerc001

nmerc001

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

I am also experiencing the same Wi-Fi issue with connecting to WPA encrypted networks since going to Jelly Bean. I haven't been successful with stock or any of the custom ROMs that were on the JB Leak or the official JB release.

I am able to connect fine to WPA2 and unencrypted Wi-Fi just fine.

#7 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:27 AM   Best Answer

This appears to be a "known: issue with the update. Some of the authentication protocols have changed so if you have an Old router you may not be able to connect. First see if your router manufacturer has an update, and if not, you may need a new router....

#8 withmenilu

withmenilu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

What model router did you wind up purchasing? Thanks in advance.

I ended up getting a ZTE ZXV10 W300, My previous one was a Quest GT701WG both of which used for ADSL routing..

#9 dmc3501

dmc3501

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy 2 - 7"

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Thankfully, I never had an issue with this particular problem when I updated my original Droid Razr; however, when I updated my mom's phone a couple of days ago to Jelly Bean, her wi-fi didn't want to connect to our wireless and it couldn't even find the SSID.

I, of course, went on forums, including this one, to try and see if there was a fix for it. Sadly, there didn't seem to be. I knew it wasn't our router (I was connected to wi-fi) on my phone and our router is new and not on the list of problematic devices.

Until I could find a solution, I decided to turn off her 4G-LTE to save her battery using *#*#4636#*#*.

Because I am a curious creature, after switching to 3G, I decided to go into her wireless settings and try to connect to our network again....this time with success.

As far as I can tell, the Jelly Bean software update might have caused an error between the 4G and the wi-fi (the 4G forcing the wi-fi out and away and unable to connect as it were). After 10 minutes, mom's still connected to the wireless in the house.

The full link to try this is:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIFI, XT912, Droid Razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users