rsj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGA
  • Current Device(s):razrmaxx

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Downloaded instructions and all went well with root. Thanks for the help.
  • Maxxaholic likes this

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Heyas, neighbor! Wartown resident here - glad you found the instructions and it all worked out well for ya.

Welcome to the forums, BTW!
  • dsfassler likes this

#3 finka

finka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Thanks

#4 sibujacob

sibujacob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationkuwait
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

those of you still having trouble rooting after jelly bean 4.1.2 , most welcome to advice me thro this post. I have a tested solution

thx.
  • dsfassler likes this

#5 mojoseer

mojoseer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I have tried to find a thread which takes me to a soln to the problem I am having so came back here again. Maybe someone can point me in right direction/thread. Bottom line is lost my root after 4.1.2 upgrade. Tried rooting through XT 912 utility download and installed safestrap. Got data/logger permission denied error. Found thread to take me to razr_blade download and fix. Still no go after clearing cache & data from smartactions. Then just got lost trying to find next fix option. Wondering what next steps may be cause not quite sure if I understand what wiping data option is but sounds drastic. Suggestions welcome. Thanks. Matt

#6 mojoseer

mojoseer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Found my problem. Didn't have device set to MTP mode. Stupid me. Something that may be obvious to all but something that should maybe to listed in directions for morons like myself.

#7 rdburke

rdburke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:rdburke
  • LocationBoiling Springs, SC USA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I am new here and I was in a hurry to get this done so I figured I would post my question here. I could root my OG Droid with my eyes closed and hands tied behind my back but my Droid Razr Maxx is another story. I am just hesitant because I know Moto has the root indicator in recovery screen and nobody can seem to tell me why. Anyway, I downloaded the razr blade zip file and all the other conditions seem to be in place for me to do this. What I REALLY need to know, is the razr blade posted here for the latest JB 4.1.2 OTA that came out just a couple weeks ago? My System version reads:98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en. Build number is:9.8.20-72_VZW-16. Also when 4.2 comes out will it block the OTA? If this is in the wrong place I do apologize. :ph34r:
Thanks,
Dale Burke

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I am new here and I was in a hurry to get this done so I figured I would post my question here. I could root my OG Droid with my eyes closed and hands tied behind my back but my Droid Razr Maxx is another story. I am just hesitant because I know Moto has the root indicator in recovery screen and nobody can seem to tell me why. Anyway, I downloaded the razr blade zip file and all the other conditions seem to be in place for me to do this. What I REALLY need to know, is the razr blade posted here for the latest JB 4.1.2 OTA that came out just a couple weeks ago? My System version reads:98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en. Build number is:9.8.20-72_VZW-16. Also when 4.2 comes out will it block the OTA? If this is in the wrong place I do apologize. :ph34r:

Yes it's for the OTA.

IF 4.2 comes out, root will not block it but you will lose root unless you have saved it with the Voodoo app.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 rdburke

rdburke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!!!
Thanks,
Dale Burke

#10 allmondg

allmondg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Current Device(s):Rotary phone

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Well, to follow this thread, I have a problem. I have a Razr Maxx, it WAS rooted before the OTA a few weeks ago. Wife saw the message on the phone to update and she hit the button. I have managed to unfreeze Smart Actions, but it errors out (based on the Screen Brightness). Trying to do the root, states that exploit loaded, but no luck getting root back on the phone.

I have the same system version as Dale above, Android version 4.1.2.

Any tips or am I stuck?

Thanks

#11 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Well, to follow this thread, I have a problem. I have a Razr Maxx, it WAS rooted before the OTA a few weeks ago. Wife saw the message on the phone to update and she hit the button. I have managed to unfreeze Smart Actions, but it errors out (based on the Screen Brightness). Trying to do the root, states that exploit loaded, but no luck getting root back on the phone.

I have the same system version as Dale above, Android version 4.1.2.

Any tips or am I stuck?

Thanks

You're not stuck. Your best bet is to use the Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to start fresh then root before signing in to Google.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#12 allmondg

allmondg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Downloading now. Will give option 2 a start first so I can keep my data.

Thanks
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#13 allmondg

allmondg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Option 2 seemed to work. Errors still on the root process.
Phase One:
link failed No such file or directory.
(phone reboots)
Phase two...
/system/bin/sh: cat: /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataClearJarDex.jar: No such file or directory
(I open Smart Actions, return to Home)
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataClearJarDex.jar: No such file or directory
(phone reboots again)
Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' -Premission denied
mkdir dailed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
line failed File exists
(phone reboots again)
Phase four
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataClearJarDex.jar: No such file or directory
(phone reboots again)
[*] Exploit complete!

Help?

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

You're probably going to have to start fresh. I believe smart actions were updated which is why I said to do root before signing in to Google. Sorry man...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 rdburke

rdburke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well I am glad I found this forum, my son was playing with my phone earlier and now safestrap tells me I have no OS of any kind installed on my phone. Can someone help me get back to stock 4.1.2 JB so I can re-root and be more careful or do I have an expensive paperweight?
Thanks,
Dale Burke

#16 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Well I am glad I found this forum, my son was playing with my phone earlier and now safestrap tells me I have no OS of any kind installed on my phone. Can someone help me get back to stock 4.1.2 JB so I can re-root and be more careful or do I have an expensive paperweight?

Grab the Utility in my post #11 above

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#17 rdburke

rdburke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Grab the Utility in my post #11 above

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, the utility worked like a charm except for one thing that really disappointed me. I chose #1 which in the description is supposed to do a wipe, which I took to mean my internal memory hoping to get rid of some of some of the orphaned folders left behind by old programs but maybe I misunderstood. Is there such a tool out there? It would be handy. P.S. I guess now I can go get my son down off the house, he was afraid I might do something drastic.
Thanks,
Dale Burke

#18 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

No it doesn't wipe SD's. Too much of a hassle for people that did not know and lost all their stuff. Better that you have to do it manually than for someone to lose it when they don't realize it will wipe. :)
  • rdburke and dsfassler like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#19 allmondg

allmondg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

As a follow-up. Last night took a deep breath, used the link provided by Memnoch73, and chose option 1 (a fresh rebuild and wiping the data). Within 10 minutes, my phone was back to root. Reloaded Titanium Backup, and MOST everything is back! It hasn't been able to do a backup since December, but only a few items were lost. I generally save my data on the SD card, so even though the warning does state you MAY lose the SD card data, it all was there.

Thanks so much.
  • rdburke likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users