• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I had been running .215 on my Razr Maxx since it was leaked months ago.
In Mid-January, I bit the bullet, used Matt's utility to restore to .211, and then installed the 4.1.2_98.72.8 xmas leak.
I've been very happy with it, but I noticed a few problems.
On Friday, I downloaded and installed the leaked soak to 4.1.2_98.72.16.
These problems are still there, and I haven't found a solution:
1) Sometimes after booting, I'll get a popup that "com.motorola.vzw.vmm" stopped responding.
2) There is an app listed in my Google Play store called "MC2 Internal." It is listed as not being compatible with my device, yet it can't be uninstalled. I think this was a placeholder for Motocast, which was removed as part of the JB update.
3) Thee MotoPrint app is no longer on my phone, yet it is still in my Google Play (also listed as not compatible, but with no uninstall option.

I had suspected that I had messed something up, since I backed up my .215 with Titanium, and then restored it again. I think I waited until I had installed the 98.72.8 leak before I restored (and I might have accidentally restored old versions of some of the retired apps).

This evening, I installed the OTA update on my wife's Razr Maxx. Hers was stock (other than rooting), on .211 before the update. I haven't seen the crash issue, but her Google Play doesn't show the "MC2 Internal." That does show up in AppBrain, though. I also see the MotoPrint app showing in her Google Play Store still.

Has anyone else experienced this with their upgrade?

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I would suggest a factory reset. That would solve most if not all of your issues.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I was afraid of that. I'm worried that I'll spend too many hours setting up and re-configuring everything all over again. I'm curious to hear if anyone else had any similar experiences.

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I was afraid of that. I'm worried that I'll spend too many hours setting up and re-configuring everything all over again. I'm curious to hear if anyone else had any similar experiences.

Sorry man. I know it's a pain but it's better than FCs. Others have had a variety of minor issues that have been solved by a factory reset.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I wouldn't mark this one "solved" just yet.
I really wanted to hear if anyone else had similar problems, specifically with the Motorola apps that I mentioned (MotoPrint and MotoCast). I had something similar happen with my flash Player (which appears to have been removed - but not properly uninstalled - by the update.

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Okay I removed it. Not sure what other answers you are looking for. I believe Motoprint was removed by JB as part of what bloatware Moto removed.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Once the apps are associated with your Google account, they will show in the play store. Just like if you delete an app yourself

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Once the apps are associated with your Google account, they will show in the play store. Just like if you delete an app yourself

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They will show up under all apps but should not be under installed if they are not on your phone.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

They will show up under all apps but should not be under installed if they are not on your phone.

That's the problem. They still show up as "Installed," but if I click on them in the Play store, it says they are not compatible.
It is possible that a factory data reset might fix it, but I have the same exact symptoms on my phone and on my wife's phone, and her's never had anything but stock OTA updates installed.
That's why I was asking if anyone else had the same thing happen to them.

#10 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

You can try clearing cache and data on the Play store app

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#11 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

You can try clearing cache and data on the Play store app

Good suggestion. I tried that already - it didn't help. ;-(

#12 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Just factory reset it. :P You could have done it already and re-setup everything on your phone since we started this conversation yesterday. ;)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users