#1 estraka

estraka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

The Jelly Bean update has finally arrived. I tried to install it last night through System Setting>About Phone>System Updates. It failed. I unrooted it and backed up a few things, wiped the phone clean. Tried again, failed again. I then downloaded a version to manually install through recovery on external storage. This also failed. I got the message:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/ForestWallpaper.apk", "0ed1ca6b8324b6cs674d2a27a75c8d77e2735a0a", "6e9915ca1957a83f612bb8456da36d08cc4c97f")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

From what I've read my prior use of Titanium Backup may have altered the file (ForestWallpaper.apk), along with a few others. Or I may have deleted the file a while back by accident. I'm not positive. It sounds like I can just replace the system/app/ folder with an original ICS stock folder, but I can't seem to find one, somehow.

If this is true can anybody help me find a copy? Or is some other way of going about fixing this?

Thanks.

#2 estraka

estraka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Also if possible, I'd prefer to do this without using a data cable. Mine used to work, but doesn't anymore for some reason.

#3 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Unfortunately, a data cable is almost certainly needed here. In order to even attempt the system/app/ replacement you'd need to do it via adb (push). This method may or may not even work, I've seen a few people try and I don't think anyone successfully replaced the missing apps and were able to successfully flash through.

Your best option, which requires and adb cable, would be to fastboot back to .211 and take the update that way.

I know it's not the answer you need for your situation but, unfortunately, it seems to be the only option.

Posted Image

#4 sroderer

sroderer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx, Motorola Xoom, ASUS Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Same exact problem here - Razr Maxx, ICS 4.0.4, System Version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.

Bombs every time with: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/SlackerRadio.apk", "d7471c03d7eced6ad51ce279aadec0cbb6d6e18b", "2d6b5132806853c96c77ead372644d3183ebd933")

I've factory reset several times, re-rooted and tried restoring the SlackerRadio app with TitaniumBackup, no luck. I'm not sure what you guys mean by "fastboot back to 211" and "data cable". You mean a motorola data cable? I know I read somewhere about turning a stock cable into a Motorola data cable, that what you mean? My wife has the same phone as me, same build. So I will tray to copy her apk off and use that one, but if that doesn't work I am out of ideas.

#5 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

You need to return to stock using Matt's 1.82 Utiltity.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then you can take the OTA JB update. You will need to use the USB cable that came with your phone.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#6 sroderer

sroderer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx, Motorola Xoom, ASUS Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Thank you very much. Used the util to sideload ICS OTA and then was able to upgrade to JB. Now it's straight on to rooting it again. Thanks guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: droid razr, ics, dump, upgrade jelly bean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users