471 replies to this topic

#281 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

Just google devices where images are provided on the factory or ota image page.  I don't have plans at this time to support other devices.

• johnlgalt likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#282 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

0.0.9.5 Adds a lot of device checking kind of code.  Basically what I alluded to when I started adding the adb and fastboot device commands.  It's probably not bug free but it should be useful.

• johnlgalt likes this

#283 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

Just google devices where images are provided on the factory or ota image page. I don't have plans at this time to support other devices.

Fine fine I'll just install it ota then

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#284 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:25 PM

LOL!  If Google would be so kind as to add the Essential images to their factory image page it'd be supported.  :)

• johnlgalt likes this

#285 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

Someone convinced me to take a look.  Essential support is definitely possible as it's flashed the same way as a nexus or pixel.  The data comes from a different website, though, and I'd have to write some custom code to scrape the data from it like I do for Google's image pages.  Once I get a little further along in the development I'll look into this and see if support can be added.

• johnlgalt likes this

#286 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:44 PM

Someone convinced me to take a look. Essential support is definitely possible as it's flashed the same way as a nexus or pixel. The data comes from a different website, though, and I'd have to write some custom code to scrape the data from it like I do for Google's image pages. Once I get a little further along in the development I'll look into this and see if support can be added.

Woohoo you're the bestest

• johnlgalt likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#287 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Woohoo you're the bestest

The IDIOTS that wrote your essential page PISS ME OFF.  I use a library for parsing the HTML to get device names, images, sha256 hash, all that fun stuff that drives the HoG.  I can parse both OTA and Factory image pages for Google.  Your essential, however, requires you to select a radio button and click a submit button in order to view the image data.  The library I'm using does NOT allow me to do that.  In order to be able to support essential devices I'm going to have to write a frackton of code.  I will eventually work on this but it won't come super soon.  Maybe before the next image release in April.  Yes....it's THAT much work.

• johnlgalt likes this

#288 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

0.0.9.6 is for my benefit only.  C# friend did a code review and had lots of feedback. Refactored to make the code cleaner and more C# standard.

• johnlgalt likes this

#289 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:30 PM

Nice job.  I missed downloading 092-095.  Oh well.

Time to grab this one before you release another version.

#290 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

You didn't miss anything. A couple broken builds and some minor changes. I got the code up in GitHub finally and a friend code reviewed it. A lot of little language specific things. Nothing that impacted functionality. I need to research how to add essential support. That's going to be a pain in the ass. Once I'm satisfied that things are working well and I've got all the optimizations in place, them we'll start working on more advanced features. Slot selection for devices that support it, perhaps twrp support, and who knows from there. I have a list of things I want implemented. But that'll all be after the fundamentals are truly solid.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt likes this

#291 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:18 PM

Cool.  In the meantime I'm testing whether the Magisk root inactive slot after OTA installation method still works or not - about to find out --- now.

#292 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

It worked.  And there was no violation, so SafetyNet still works as well.

These guys deserve a donation.

And you, too, deserve one!

• SamuriHL likes this

#293 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

I looked into the essential images again today.  I've not yet been successful in parsing the damn page they're on.  I've tried multiple methods for getting it to show me the data I need to parse.  I'll work on it again tomorrow as I would seriously like to crack this one and get support for it completed.  But so far, it's being a pain in the ass.

• johnlgalt likes this

#294 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

I looked into the essential images again today. I've not yet been successful in parsing the damn page they're on. I've tried multiple methods for getting it to show me the data I need to parse. I'll work on it again tomorrow as I would seriously like to crack this one and get support for it completed. But so far, it's being a pain in the rear end.

Don't spend a ton of time on it. I can get the updates ota... And it would be basically extra code for just me

• johnlgalt likes this

#295 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:51 PM

It's a device that should be supported. Period.  It will be...I just don't yet know how that's going to work.  But it will.

• johnlgalt likes this

#296 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

Well, I took the Q DP1 OTA, and then topjohnwu got Magisk working - so I've not had an excuse to use HoG again (well, on my Taimen anyway).

Yet.

I'm seeing discrepancies in some of the reports that folks are making about features of Q, and I am beginning to suspect that, at least this round, the OTA route is actually the more stable route than clean installing Q.

Next weekend I may put that theory to the test - using HoG, of course :D

#297 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:27 AM

Oh for the love of... So by next weekend you want beta support added??? Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#298 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:07 AM

Nope.  I did not say you need to do a thing- you continue to focus on integrating Essential.

I will test the current HoG build with the Q DP1 OTA, if need be (I have yet to see the full system image, so I suppose I would have to use HoG and add in a data wipe, manually from fastboot booted TWRP if need be, to make it function as a 'clean' install).

Trust me - if I want you to do something, you'll know when I ask :D

#299 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

It's not exactly a lot of work to add beta options.  I was already thinking about it the day it was released.  LOL  The essential support is on hold until I can think of some brilliant way to get to the info I need to parse.  I will get the beta support added before next weekend for sure.  It's rather trivial but will require a minor change to the UI.

• johnlgalt likes this

#300 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

They only released factory images for the beta?  No OTA?  Well don't they suck.  I'll see what I can do about loading the factory image data for the beta.

• johnlgalt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users