#1 S.I.C.

S.I.C.

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi,

I was curious if anyone knows of an after-root Motocast app for the Razr. I am aware of Zumocast, but, from what I researched, Zumocast only streams and does not allow someone to download files and media from their computer to their phone as Motocast does. I recently rooted, installed CWR via bootstrap, and installed a custom rom. The one thing I have missed from the stock rom is the Motocast that is offered. I don't want to go back because of the bloatware that is included. Does anyone know any information about an after-root Motocast build for the Razr's custom roms?

Thanks for the contributions in advance!

#2 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

From what I know you will not have any luck with finding a moto cast to work on a custom rom. Specifically, if the Rom is based on 173 and is deodexed. There is one or two roms that are not deodex and you can easily add motocast back into them but most roms now won't have that option.

I have tried every custom Rom out there but always go back to stock because I have to have motocast. As far as the bloat, you can stay on stock after root and just remove or freeze any bloat you don't want. That is what I do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#3 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Being rooted, being on a deodexed ROM, being on .173, nor being on a custom ROM at all has no bearing on Motocast.

It just so happens that most the ROMs out right now have the bloatware that Motocast relies on removed.

I know Eclipse had Motocast in the newest build but I don't think it is working, but you might want to check it out. But the next build will probably have it fixed if not.

Sent From Optimus Prime

:-D :-D

#4 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Being rooted, being on a deodexed ROM, being on .173, nor being on a custom ROM at all has no bearing on Motocast.

It just so happens that most the ROMs out right now have the bloatware that Motocast relies on removed.

I know Eclipse had Motocast in the newest build but I don't think it is working, but you might want to check it out. But the next build will probably have it fixed if not.

Sent From Optimus Prime

Actually being deodexed has everything to do with moto cast not working. I agree rooting does not and I started that done thing in my first response. Devs have tried and it just does not work when deodexed. Motocast will only work on odexed systems at the moment. Like you said, it does not work on eclipse. So the only answer to the op set this time is what I took him in my answers. He needs to be on a Rom that is odexed. Even if the dev took it out , motocast can easily be added back in.

As for 173 I clearly said if deodexed. The only reason I mentioned that is because most roms being used right now fit that category. Yes, if a user happens to be running a Rom based off 748 or 744 motocast works there too but again, it can not be deodexed.

#5 Phungusamongus

Phungusamongus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I downloaded the wifi file transfer pro app...as close as motocast as I could find. It too uses you're wifi to transfer files back n forth. Only difference is, you have to select the files manually, It's not automatic.But it also saves a restore...so if you change ROMs or what not...you can restore all your files.

#6 siiverlce

siiverlce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Salutations, everyone. =)

I am currently using JellyCore, and I'm missing all my favorite Motorola features such as MotoCast.

Has anyone been able to find a way to install the MotoCast system? Is there an APK that can be installed?

I found one labeled MotoCast on 4Shared, but it turns out to be a ZumoCast app. I thought they were the same now, but I can't login into ZumoCast with my MotoCast account. =/

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

#7 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Devs have tried and it just does not work when deodexed. Motocast will only work on odexed systems at the moment.

Yes, if a user happens to be running a Rom based off 748 or 744 motocast works there too but again, it can not be deodexed.

Well, I'm not a dev but unless I'm misunderstanding something here, this isn't right. I'm running R3Ds's stock ikream rom. Motocast works great and it is a deodexed rom. There's another rom or two here that I've tried that had Motocast and they worked too although, I don't really remember which ones (I've kind of settled in on ikream) so I can't say for sure if they were deodexed or not. The rom I'm running now is though. No doubt about it.
  • wabmorgan likes this

#8 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Salutations, everyone. =)

I am currently using JellyCore, and I'm missing all my favorite Motorola features such as MotoCast.

Has anyone been able to find a way to install the MotoCast system? Is there an APK that can be installed?

I found one labeled MotoCast on 4Shared, but it turns out to be a ZumoCast app. I thought they were the same now, but I can't login into ZumoCast with my MotoCast account. =/

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately motocast can not be installed like any regular apk. It must be built into the ROM unless you find a flashable zip. I have seen one or two zips out there that add all the blur bloat back in but I don't know if anyone has put together a zip just for moto cast.

When we were on GB, a dev did me a solid and created a small zip that I flashed just for motocast but that was almost a year ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#9 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well, I'm not a dev but unless I'm misunderstanding something here, this isn't right. I'm running R3Ds's stock ikream rom. Motocast works great and it is a deodexed rom. There's another rom or two here that I've tried that had Motocast and they worked too although, I don't really remember which ones (I've kind of settled in on ikream) so I can't say for sure if they were deodexed or not. The rom I'm running now is though. No doubt about it.

Yeah, its been 8 months with a new OS and great dev work. I am not one either but motocast was something I would not go without and earlier in the year on GB , I had a dev tell me exactly what I posted on this thread. I wanted motocast and was told I had to use a ROM that was not deodexed. But that was then.....this is now. :-)

#10 crbdenver

crbdenver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:ChuckBanning

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Used DualCore for awhile and it had it, and IKream, way back when had it.

#11 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Used DualCore for awhile and it had it, and IKream, way back when had it.

Yeah both are ICS. GB ROMs were different.

#12 siiverlce

siiverlce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Unfortunately motocast can not be installed like any regular apk. It must be built into the ROM unless you find a flashable zip. I have seen one or two zips out there that add all the blur bloat back in but I don't know if anyone has put together a zip just for moto cast.

When we were on GB, a dev did me a solid and created a small zip that I flashed just for motocast but that was almost a year ago.

Thank you for your reply! I greatly appreciate it!

I've been searching all over the place for a zip that I could flash, but my search has not turned up anything.

Motorola's website actually says there is a "standalone" app for MotoCast, but I can't find that. The MotoCast apk on 4Shared actually installed ZumoCast, but my MotoCast login doesn't work with it. =/

Any help finding a zip to flash? =)

In the meantime, I'll try another ROM; but I'm definitely in love with my JellyCore by SpeedCore. I really prefer not to downgrade to ICS. Any pointers for a JB ROM?

#13 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

For the standalone app they might be talking about the one in play,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#14 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Kebob's .215 deodexed base contains Motocast and it works fine. It is my daily running ROM and I use Motocast.

#15 siiverlce

siiverlce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

For the standalone app they might be talking about the one in play,

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That's exactly the one I'm talking about. I've found the market link a few times, but I can't download it because my devices are not compatible. Which is rather odd considering I only use Motorola devices. =/ I really dislike that device compatibility check in Google Play. I was hoping someone might have that APK file? =)

#16 siiverlce

siiverlce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Kebob's .215 deodexed base contains Motocast and it works fine. It is my daily running ROM and I use Motocast.

Thank you! I'll be installing that today if it's SafeStrap ready!

Is that ICS, JB, or GB? I'm rather spoiled with my JellyCore. ^_^

#17 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

^^^ It is ICS. And it installs via Safestrap.

#18 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi,

I was curious if anyone knows of an after-root Motocast app for the Razr. I am aware of Zumocast, but, from what I researched, Zumocast only streams and does not allow someone to download files and media from their computer to their phone as Motocast does. I recently rooted, installed CWR via bootstrap, and installed a custom rom. The one thing I have missed from the stock rom is the Motocast that is offered. I don't want to go back because of the bloatware that is included. Does anyone know any information about an after-root Motocast build for the Razr's custom roms?

Thanks for the contributions in advance!

I am rooted running .215 and have no problem using/running Motocast...did it just yesteday. I am not running a custom ROM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motocast, root, rooted, razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users