nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

I accidentally stumbled across this, but from March 1 - April 30, Verizon has open enrollment for their equipment protection plans.
You usually have 30 days from the purchase of a device to activate any protection plan. Just click the link below and follow the prompts to enroll. Keep in mind some plans do include water / accidental damage. Also, there is a $99 deductible for the RAZR. But it beats having to buy it retail.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

NOTE: As discovered, you actually can't enroll a phone not activated on your account - please keep that in mind.
ALSO: The Droid RAZR 2 mentioned on there is for the 2nd release of the RAZR that comes without the SD Card and in white, black and purple. If you bought it from the beginning, you have the Droid RAZR Standard.
  • mattlgroff, nix80908, jas0n_ch0 and 1 other like this

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

I will be activating my Razr MAXX soon and I definitely want to get in on this.
  • nix80908 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I always get this on purchase of the device. I believe in it, though have never had to use it. So I disagree with the statistics the ad quotes but I still believe paying $6 a month is better than $600. Of course, the big question is, who really keeps their phone for more than a year? Seriously, 18 months? wow.

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

is it free?
no
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

is it free?
no

Why would this ever be free?

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#6 jas0n_ch0

jas0n_ch0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I just signed up and it's $6.99 a month. There is a $99 deductible for the Droid RAZR (probably the same for the MAXX). You have a limit of two (2) claims per year and up to $1,500 limit per year. I am so happy I got a 2nd chance to get some protection for my phone. This is my 3rd RAZR and luckily I didn't have the pay anything for the other two except the intital purchase of $299. My first one got bricked after the phone ran out of battery during an OTA update and the second one had a defective screen that showed "splotch" marks when in the light. My thrid one is doing just dandy.

#7 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Signed up both the Maxx and Bionic on the Extended Warranty Plan for just $1.99 per month per device. Nice find. Thank you!

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#8 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

I just signed up and it's $6.99 a month. There is a $99 deductible for the Droid RAZR (probably the same for the MAXX). You have a limit of two (2) claims per year and up to $1,500 limit per year. I am so happy I got a 2nd chance to get some protection for my phone. This is my 3rd RAZR and luckily I didn't have the pay anything for the other two except the intital purchase of $299. My first one got bricked after the phone ran out of battery during an OTA update and the second one had a defective screen that showed "splotch" marks when in the light. My thrid one is doing just dandy.

That's exactly why I signed up too. I'm on my 4th RAZR lol

If you guys like this - like the post at the top ;-)

#9 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Just go my MAXX in the mail and put it on insurance. I had to call them, but it worked!

#10 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Cool. Thinking about getting this on the MAXX as well.

#11 Versatile1

Versatile1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:V3rSaTiL31
  • LocationTexoma

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Very cool post, thanks.

Update: got enrolled

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk