• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 iamgodlike87

iamgodlike87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

Took the plunge and installed it on my phone, OTA Rootkeeper worked flawlessly. Thanks for the link! :D Do you need any screenshots or anything?

#82 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

Ok. So after a day of screwing around with it here's a compiled list of changes:

- OTA Rootkeeper does retain root.
- Oh my god. Finally the lag beast is gone. Stuttering on the home screen is gone for the most part and just general operation is much smoother. My OG RAZR is no longer faster than my my HD... Memory management is much better as apps that used to slow the phone to a crawl over time no longer do so. Notification shade no longer stutters. This was the one major thing I wanted out of the next update and I got it.
- Call quality is indeed better. Louder and clearer. Noticeably so.
- Camera is better but it still isn't going to be blowing you away.
- Face unlock has been overhauled (I'll be honest this may have happened in JB but I haven't played with it since ICS) and liveliness check added (blink to make sure it's not someone holding a photo up to the camera).
- Bloat changes (whatever verizon...) but can still be disabled even without tibu.
- New radios should give better connectivity but I live in a strong signal area so someone in another area will have to verify.

Cons:
- Cannot be rooted (yet)
- Cannot roll back to ICS
- My girlfriend can no longer tease me that her phone (my old RAZR) functions better than my HD. Wait... That's not a con :-P

Send me a system pull I need to look at the scripts moto put in

vtc.png

#83 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Send me a system pull I need to look at the scripts moto put in

I have been toying with windows 8 at home and don't have adb functional at the moment. If i can get it up in VM I'll do a pull for you. Alternatively I can just pull the files you need via root explorer if you want and drop them somewhere. Shoot me a PM.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#84 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

I have been toying with windows 8 at home and don't have adb functional at the moment. If i can get it up in VM I'll do a pull for you. Alternatively I can just pull the files you need via root explorer if you want and drop them somewhere. Shoot me a PM.

I had made one the other day. Link sent via DM.

#85 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

My text delivery don't work now at all it did before update..I wish I didn't accept it now...to late lol....

#86 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

First off, I have been a root and flashaholic since the OG Droid, so know I'm one of you. Having said that, I don't find it to appropriate to discourage anyone who wishes to improve their device by accepting this update just because they will lose root. Or discouraging from buying or sending the phone in for replacement. You see it all the time, " you are responsible for what you do to your device" One of the things I love about this site is that we are all given awesome guides and how to's and ultimately we the user decides what to do with it without holding anyone else liable or responsible for our own choices. We are free to decide, update or not, buy or not, get a replacement or not. You guys give us awesome info, I think we are capable of deciding what we want to do with it.
  • Narffran and zooyork0721 like this
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#87 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

First off, I have been a root and flashaholic since the OG Droid, so know I'm one of you. Having said that, I don't find it to appropriate to discourage anyone who wishes to improve their device by accepting this update just because they will lose root. Or discouraging from buying or sending the phone in for replacement. You see it all the time, " you are responsible for what you do to your device" One of the things I love about this site is that we are all given awesome guides and how to's and ultimately we the user decides what to do with it without holding anyone else liable or responsible for our own choices. We are free to decide, update or not, buy or not, get a replacement or not. You guys give us awesome info, I think we are capable of deciding what we want to do with it.

To some people, flashing an update and losing root access is not an "improvement". If I didn't know better and just assumed I could downgrade back to an older version and re-root and was then careless with updating, I could lose my root access and probably not even want the damn phone anymore. This is why people are "warned". I don't think it's discouraging, but at least know what you're getting into before you get into it.
  • Anon5978 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#88 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Well first off I wanna say this update sucks! 1) I lost root and at present have no way to get it back. 2) Like everyone else I don't get delivery acknowledgements back anymore. 3) The phone has a lot more lag then before I took the update.

So I'm hoping someone comes up with a root for JB. Because this phone REALLY SUCKS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion.

#89 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

This VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Well first off I wanna say this update sucks! 1) I lost root and at present have no way to get it back. 2) Like everyone else I don't get delivery acknowledgements back anymore. 3) The phone has a lot more lag then before I took the update.

So I'm hoping someone comes up with a root for JB. Because this phone REALLY SUCKS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion.

• Anon5978 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#90 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Tucs,

I'm amused by the timing of that post, lol.
  • tucstwo likes this

Posted Image

#91 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Hey bro that will work I'll send you a PM now
  • Anon5978 likes this

vtc.png

#92 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hey bro that will work I'll send you a PM now

Sent.

Posted Image

#93 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

yeah I found this to be very intresting read, could you run a log cat and check deep sleep for me ?

vtc.png

#94 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Now my volume is messing up every time I make a call the volume is turned down before it stays where u set it at...everything going wrong with it now along with text delivery notification not working....grrrr....please fix this Im just stock maxx HD.

#95 oneillperson

oneillperson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

I just noticed that Panorama mode is different in 4.1.2. It seems to use the continuous-capture mode from AOSP Jelly Bean, rather than the old version which would snap multiple pictures and piece them together.

#96 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I was holding my breath, but when we opened the new box yesterday was software 9.1.41

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users