Photo

([ROM]) wWidow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

Deodexed Debloated Zipaligned JB 4.1.1 blur based AOSP apps 4.2 camera 1% Accurate battery Widow Butter tweaks

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

([ WHITE WIDOW HD ])

Posted Image

([DEODEXED // DEBLOATED // ZIPALIGN ON BOOT // JELLYBEAN BASED ROM])

What I have here is a Jellybean 4.1.1 based ROM. Its been de-odexed, zipaligned, debloated heavily and I removed as much blur as possible while keeping the ROM fully functional (including SMARTACTIONS) *blur apps have been replaced with AOSP versions* All of the main apps, including Google apps and the system have been blacked out!! This UI is very dark, and a lot of time has went into blacking everything out and I wouldn't have it any other way, so if your not a fan of darkness.. then this ROM is probably not for you! You Must be running the (OTA) JB version on your stock ROM since the kernel is needed to run correctly.. and you must use Safestrap recovery to flash the ROM if your on a consumer device, or TWRP/CWM recovery if your on the Developer edition! If you have any suggestions/issues please do feel free to leave your feedback.. as its always greatly appreciated! Aloha and Mahalo for all the donations and continued support! BW FTW!!!!! !!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

53.77KB   232 downloads
  • Deodexed, Zipaligned, Debloated and nearly all Blur removed!!
  • Integrated Gapps
  • Gmail v4.2 - Inverted BW edition
  • Maps v6.14.2
  • Play v3.10.9 - Inverted BW edition
  • Talk v4.2- Inverted BW edition (available below)
  • YouTube v4.1.23 - Inverted BW edition
  • 1% Accurate battery - for an accurate system readout (Mods to choose from in post #2)
  • Adaway - for an ad free experience. .. open and apply updated host files. ..
  • AOSP Calculator - Inverted BW edition
  • AOSP Calendar
  • AOSP Email w/ Exchange - Inverted BW edition
  • AOSP Keyboard - Inverted BW edition
  • APEX Launcher v1.4.4 - custom/default home launcher. ..
  • APEX White - Theme skin for APEX launcher. ..
  • Blacked out system - SystemUI/framework-res have been blacked out and themed minimal. ..
  • Blur Messaging - Blacked out 4.1 blur messaging. ..
  • Build.prop tweaks - for a fluid/battery sipping experience, aka Widow butter. ..
  • BW icons - icon/wallpaper pack for APEX launcher (this will add some darkness in the app drawer)
  • City State ID - shows the location of who's calling you. ..
  • Clock Sync - for quicker GPS lock-on. ..
  • Custom Bootanimation - based off the stock animation, with some BW darkness added in. ..
  • Custom Boot Logo 'HD' - replaces the red "M" print on boot (included in ROM zip now)
  • Custom Wallpapers/ Custom 'Roboto text' Icons (use a file manager to navigate to system/media)
  • Extended Power Menu - Reboot/Hot Reboot Mod
  • Gallery Google - includes 4.2 Google Camera/Gallery
  • Google Deskclock - 4.2 Google alarm clock, stop watch/timer and countdown. ..
  • DSP Manager v2.0 - for a standard modification of audio preferences. ..
  • HDMI support - there is no Webtop support.. but there is working HDMI input, so plug and play. ..
  • Init.d support - ADBD insecure and Zipalign on boot. ..
  • MotCamera - this is the Motorola 4.1 blur camera w/ lib files for HDR mode and image editing. ..
  • MotGallery - set this as the default gallery for the ability to edit your media. ..
  • No Frills CPU-control - set the governor and scheduler to MSM-DCVS and Noop for better results. ..
  • OMC widget - (One More Clock Widget) seen in the screenshots, circles theme. ..
  • Power Toggles (open in app drawer, configure which toggles you want in notification panel)
  • Root Browser Lite
  • Superuser - updated superuser binaries. ..
  • Swype keyboard (enable in settings, Language & input.. located in system/vendor directory)
  • System Panel Lite - for better battery statistics and system management. ..
  • Zipalign on boot - for optimized performance, #GoFast. ..
  • Zumocast - replaces Motocast functions since blur and the bloat have been removed. ..

58.04KB   183 downloads
  • Known to cause blackouts nation wide. ..

54KB   236 downloads
Requirements :: on the OTA JB 9.1.41 system. .. using Safestrap recovery.
  • ([01]) Download and move zip/s to sdcard. ..
  • ([02]) Reboot into recovery. ..
  • ([03]) Create a Nandroid. ..
  • ([04]) Select ROM slot and Wipe ([data/cache/dalvik-cache/system]). ..
  • ([05]) Go back, Choose Install. ..
  • ([06]) Install the ROM zip. ..
  • ([07]) Reboot system to complete install. ..

56.12KB   232 downloads

([

]) :: 2013-3-20 ::
MD5: 2FE900D901F33E73545278CCF666BAEA *wWidowHD.9.1.41.XT926.deodexed.V2.1.zip

56.56KB   223 downloads
  • Avoid updating apps through Play that have been themed to avoid losing the theme-work, as it will be broken once they are updated. .. (you can choose to uninstall-updates through App Info to return to the previous themed version). ..
  • Flash HDgtalk, after first boot! no need to wipe, just flash.. this will invert the app to better match the rest of the ROM! also be sure to enable the BWicons pack through APEX theme settings for more darkness. ..
  • Leave feedback! Help me, so I can help you! Any feedback is appreciated, as are donations!! I work long and hard at bringing you this source of darkness/ and support so you can better enjoy this device! BW FTW!!!!! !!

56.1KB   172 downloads
  • Motorola for the hardware. ..
  • Google for ANDROID and always being there when I need help. ..
  • XDA for all of the goodies and tutorials to learn android. ..
  • Hashcode for the updater script and Safestrap to flash with. .. epic. .
  • Jimboslice for the deodexed base to build from. ..
  • Dhacker29 for all of the things he does for the community & answering all my questions on Gtalk!!
  • Mattlgroff for his ADBD script, sharing on how to flash Boot logo's with a ROM zip, for space on

., and overall being who he is in the community!
  • 24v for showing me the ropes on how to use Apktool and creating bad rear end themes for my ROMs!!
  • wulf for always answering my questions and helping me.. and for always making bad rear end themes for all of my ROMs!!!
  • prstorero for the guide on how to Mod the reboot menu into my ROM and answering all my questions while doing so!
  • Android Does for APEX launcher., the best android 4.0+ home launcher on the market~
  • CyanogenMod for DSP Manager. ..
  • JRummy for Root Browser Lite
  • DroidRZR for the amazing community and place to call home. .. and any1 else who has ever helped along the way!

A truly blacked out experience for the RAZRHD!
If you enjoy the ROM, please feel free to hit the Like button -----------------VVVVVVVVVV

• neckchop, qss247, JJT211 and 4 others like this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#2 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

56.06KB   76 downloads
*flash these After first boot!* and if you want to revert back to stock after flashing them :: simply download/install my new Mod (

).
*B2S contains the final versions of my (SystemUI/framework-res/ and Androidpolicy.jar) **

[[ THEME|

]] :: 2013-3-20 :: developed by wulf "grab the update, available now!"
([

]) :: 2012-12-23 :: Blacked out Gtalk v4.2. flash this in recovery, no wipes needed. ..
([

]) :: 2012-12-29 :: MotoLauncher and circleWidget, flash this in recovery, no wipes needed. ..
([

]) :: 2013-3-21 :: stock battery Mod, flash this in recovery, no wipes needed. ..
([ HCircle ]) :: 2013-3-2x :: honey comb circle battery Mod, flash this in recovery, no wipes needed. ..
([

]) :: 2013-3-20 :: circle battery Mod, flash this in recovery, no wipes needed. ..

(preview) ::([

]):: 2012-4-3 :: This includes a centered clock Mod with no battery icon! no need to wipe, just flash. ..
([

]) :: 2012-3-22 :: This includes a stock battery Mod and centered clock! no need to wipe, just flash. ..
  • Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

406.36KB   58 downloads

• dvgb131 likes this

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#3 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

55.12KB   55 downloads
2013-3-20:
  • Added Roboto batteryMod back into the system!
  • Added in (3) three new battery Mods into post #2 for wWidow HD ROM. ..

2013-3-18:
  • Created a new ICON pack, WWicons (updated all newly themed app icons into the Icon pack)
  • Minor theme work updates throughout the system and many included system/apps. .. just about all of them got a face lift!
  • Added in Chrome to phone
  • Added Gmail account sync/restore into Device Setup.. now Play will restore your apps!
  • Updated: APEX launcher to v1.4.4.
  • Updated: SmartActions, QuickSearchBox, Power Toggles, and Root Browser. ..
  • Re-themed nearly every single System/App making this one of the Darkest builds to date!
  • Fixed Force closes issues during Device setup, there should be No problems with anything now!
  • Removed Bug2Go traces from system. ..
  • Heavily Extremely Debloated, the last 2 Verizon apps that were causing the Force Closes and popups on boot in prior builds have been removed! if your a fan of Motorola/Verizon apps or widgets, then this ROM is definitely not for you!
  • Disabled Entitlement check (Wifi Hotspot hack)
  • I'm sure that I did more, I just cant keep track of everything as i am currently working on updating both HD builds, and the final release for the XT912. .. but,
  • Enjoy the Darkness!

2013-3-15:
  • Fixed Reboot Mod
  • Added in Hot Reboot into power menu.

2013-3-14:
  • Updated framework to new OTA version (9.1.41)
  • Modded in Reboot to power menu
  • Added in Boot logo Mod with Rom installer to make it easier on you guys and all in one flash
  • added into system: GalleryGoogle, GoogleDeskclock,
  • removed: Deskclock, and MotGallery (so don't try to edit pictures or it will FC Gallery 3D)
  • removed more bloat, so if you want/need/like Moto apps, or blur.. then this ROM is not for you! I have however replaced Motocast with Zumocast as there are no dependencies to make the app work.
  • updated theme work a little
  • I'm sure there was more, but its been a while.. is this not already enough reasons to update lol. ..

2013-1-16:
  • New ROM based off Jimboslices deodex motoblur-9.1.39a-vanquish ROM
  • Blacked out the framework
  • SystemUI got an overhaul deleting whats not needed, and added in my BW darkness and minimal icons
  • Added in a 1% Accurate battery Mod, but removed the battery icon from system bar (i use the circle widget as seen in the screenshots)
  • Removed lockscreen text under icons in the framework
  • Debloated nearly every Verizon bloatware leaving only behind the ones needed to have Verizon mobile data widget, backup assistant, and smartactions fully functional.
  • Superuser has been updated, and added in SuperSU for added benefit., also updated busybox.
  • Added in Init.d support (thanks to mattlgroff), adbd and zipalign on first boot
  • I updated a few app icons to reflect the White Widow look, only a few! BWicons also got updated with the new images for the app drawer. ..
  • Updated all apps, Apex just updated to a new version, again, right after i released.. and Power Toggles i didn't update due to some newer bad reviews.
  • Widow Butter build.prop edits have been added for a fluid, battery sipping experience., not to mention the theme work will help save your battery!!
  • This is, by far the darkest ROM/theme selection you will find for your RAZR HD, so enjoy the darkness! o_O

• neckchop and dvgb131 like this

Posted Image

#4 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

52.82KB   33 downloads
I. ..
this is for XT926. Verizon DROID RAZR HD, Verizon DROID RAZR HD developer edition, and Verizon DROID RAZR MAXX HD.

II. ..
this is a Jelly Bean based ROM, heavily de-bloated so if you need Moto apps/widgets (zumocast is included to replace Motocast functions), this ROM is not for you!

III. ..
every system app has been themed. so If and When an app updates, you will break the current theme work.. (icons, backgrounds, images etc), i have included the BWicons.apk to add some darkness within the app drawer for the apps that aren't included in the ROM., and keep in mind with my icon pack, i did not theme every single app that you may have on your system, i have only themed the main ones (more so the ones i had on my device at the time).

IV. ..
if you don't like the full darkness, you can easily download an icon pack from Play, to load through APEX theme settings, to add some color within the homescreen and app drawer.. dont ask me to change the theme cause it aint gonna happen! Black Widow will always be the darkest ROM selection for your device! BW FTW!!!!! !!

V. ..
if you use TiBu to restore apps, make sure you check through the apps you are restoring to ensure your only selecting apps you would normally download through Play, make sure your not selecting other System/apps from another ROM., and please, Please do not restore App+Data., only choose to restore App. This will ensure and minimize any chances of $#!+ breaking or causing any unwanted Force Closes.

VI. ..
if you flash any themes or Mods for the ROM and decide that you do not like the new changes, to revert, the easiest way would be to just reflash the ROM zip.. no wipes needed~ Its always good to have a NANROID though just incase!

VII. ..
i can't stress this enough! do not flash any Mods made for Black Widow HD, on this ROM. I have added extra baked in Mods into the framework for wWidow, and if you flash other Mods., chances are you will break the reboot function, and or cause some unwanted Force Closes in the system. If you have a request, just post and wait back for a response.. as for asking about battery Mods, dont waste your time~ i wont be making any! This ROM is my vision, on how I want my device to look and run. I am just sharing my work with you, the community to enjoy. as always. .. Enjoy the Darkness!!

VIII. ..
If you feel you must remove the BW boot logo for any reason, you can find the stock image, and directions ::

Posted Image

#5 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

k guys so here it is! the new thread for wWidow HD. Hopefully this makes it easier to distinguish between the two ROMs and people dont mix up the Mods between both of them. So again, they are now in their own thread, i understand that some of the new people may not know any of the old news... so i put together a Quick Info post, found in post 3.... which should clear up most questions that i have noticed come up time and time again through the months., so here it is~ the new White Widow thread..... enjoy!
  • trikotret and dvgb131 like this

Posted Image

#6 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Great plan splitting the 2 different builds to cut the confusion down. Also quick thanks for the Reboot menu update. On that not any chance for the Dev edition owners you could make a separate Zip to add Reboot Recovery as well. As another side not I noticed you state you updated Framework to the *.41 OTA. Curious does that mean the rest of /system is still using .39? If so you interested in updating the entire /system to *.41. Reason i ask is a buddy deodexed 41 for me the other day. I haven't flashed it yet to test to make sure its all good but plan to son. I had just updated to you build from last wk and didn't want to do it yet but am more the nwilling if you'd like me to

#7 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Great plan splitting the 2 different builds to cut the confusion down. Also quick thanks for the Reboot menu update. On that not any chance for the Dev edition owners you could make a separate Zip to add Reboot Recovery as well. As another side not I noticed you state you updated Framework to the *.41 OTA. Curious does that mean the rest of /system is still using .39? If so you interested in updating the entire /system to *.41. Reason i ask is a buddy deodexed 41 for me the other day. I haven't flashed it yet to test to make sure its all good but plan to son. I had just updated to you build from last wk and didn't want to do it yet but am more the nwilling if you'd like me to

I wouldn't mind having a full system deodex of 9.1.41, but I really don't plan on doing all this rework over again on both builds so I will prolly pass bro but appreciate offer! and I was going to add a reboot into recovery, but it goes to stock, not safe strap so I never put the code in... instead I did the Hot Reboot. (in wWidowHD, in BWHD I only put the Reboot in)..

On that not any chance for the Dev edition owners you could make a separate Zip to add Reboot Recovery as well.

i might be able to do that... even though it would only be used by you and maybe 1 other heh, i will see what i can do when i find time sunday, today is the UFC fights~ so i wont be doing any development work... and im bout to hit the ZzzzZzz for a few hours~ lol.. been procrastinating all night hah, but i did get $#!+ done!!

Sent from my XT926M using Tapatalk 2â„¢

Posted Image

#8 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

You no its not the roms that are laging its the forum that lags.

#9 Anon5978

Anon5978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

You no its not the roms that are laging its the forum that lags.

I'm certain people can tell when their phone is lagging. They can also tell when an app is lagging. It's easy to see the difference between the two. Also no one in this thread talked about lag.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
  • andlaw likes this

#10 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Im sorry but whats your point?

#11 Anon5978

Anon5978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

The question is what is your point? You made a post saying it's not the Rom lagging and that it's the forum. This Rom doesn't lag, the forums don't lag, and no one said anything about either lagging. Your post has absolutely no point to it. It's not helping anyone, asking a question, or even giving any feedback.
This will be my last off-topic post.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#12 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

We dont all have dev additions and roms do lag on safe and the forum is not right they are trying to fix it

#13 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lol looks like someone got an early jump on St. Pattys

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • andlaw and heffzilla like this

#14 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I guess lol.

#15 y2kbadbug

y2kbadbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

My offer still stands on modify apps with white widow icons as long as someone provides the icon for me. I will convert all the apps that already have icons from the wwicons.apk and keep them up to date as much as possible. I will create another post to list the downloads.

This also is as long as the rom developer is okay with that. I don't know about paid applications because that might cause some kind of legal issue.

The main purpose of this is for people who want to run this with the Motorola launcher like me.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

• andlaw and neckchop like this

#16 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Link don't work

#17 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Link don't work

i am uploading a new build. HERE
  • trikotret likes this

Posted Image

#18 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

i am uploading a new build.

Let the cracking begin

• andlaw likes this

#19 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Let the cracking begin

heh yeah buddy!

Posted Image

#20 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

k. so OP has been updated, as well as the Changelog which can be found in post #2. enjoy the darkness!! :ph34r:

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Debloated, Zipaligned, JB 4.1.1 blur based, AOSP apps, 4.2 camera, 1% Accurate battery, Widow Butter tweaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users