Photo

([ROM]) wWidow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

Deodexed Debloated Zipaligned JB 4.1.1 blur based AOSP apps 4.2 camera 1% Accurate battery Widow Butter tweaks

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

just an update, now i am running wWidow on unlocked maxx HD using TWRP recovery. it was super easy more that what i thought, till now having no issues :)
  • andlaw and BladeRunner like this

#122 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp, and flashed white widow back on and lost my power toggles again. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago on black widow. When I long press power it just instantly reboots, I have no option to power off. Any idea what can cause this? And I keep getting clock force closes on boot up.

#123 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp, and flashed white widow back on and lost my power toggles again. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago on black widow. When I long press power it just instantly reboots, I have no option to power off. Any idea what can cause this? And I keep getting clock force closes on boot up.

I unlocked my boot loader, loaded twrp, mounted system in advanced, flashed the wWidow ROM, booted up and have been running since last night and everything from the get go has been flawless.

only thing I can think of is wipe wipe wipe and wipe again, reflash the ROM... and don't restore any old data, should be good to go. :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#124 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

if you did a back up to wWidow, after mounting the system and wiping everything just restore your back up dont to not start from the beginning, that is what i did and it works flawless

#125 hollovoid7

hollovoid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Love the rom, just flashed through twrp and everything is very smooth, only thing I have a question about is google play services does not seem to be working right. G+ opens for a split second then disappears, and foursquare complains that my device is not supported by google services. I did wipe and everything before I installed, should I try a dirty flash to see if it takes care of it? I did not auto restore apps, and I have auto updates turned off, would just rather see if anybody has any ideas before I go wiping and reinstalling again... lots of apps :)
Thanks in advance.

Edit#1: I tried wiping cache and dalvik, dirty flash, rewipe both again, and same issue. I dont use either G+ or foursquare that much, so its not a huge deal, and it does not seem to be affecting anything else I use, even other google apps work right. Was just seeing if anybody had any ideas as to what would cause that.

#126 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Anyone know this clock?

Attached Files

Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#127 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Anyone know this clock?

.... 4.2 google desk clock.

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#128 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

I am only reporting a issue with the clock. Not looking for any trouble as the Rom is my daily driver. I love it. The clock crashes after setting timer upon exiting yo home or any other app from recent apps list. Also doesn't show timer in taskbar while running.

Attached Files

Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#129 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Question - what does "Hot Reboot" do?

#130 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Question - what does "Hot Reboot" do?

reboots straight into the ROM instead of safestrap menu... shaves like 20s or so off the boot time....... mainly used for testing and or whatever~

Posted Image

#131 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

You don't really need to download the whole sdk. Just use matt's utility for the HD. Drop the stocklogo.img in the folder. Install (or install repair) the drivers just to be sure (again, they are in matts's utility), open a command prompt window from that folder, put phone in fastboot mode type fastboot flash logo stocklogo.img . When it's done type fastboot reboot and you're done

Dude, you rock! Thanks for the advice. Been searching for this solution for days.

#132 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I am pretty sure I have stated this. as I updated the current builds I removed all mods, and as I released the updates, I continued to redo the Mods, Honey comb circle is the only battery Mod I have not converted to white yet..... and I am currently in the process of moving, I won't be updating or releasing anything for another month... so enjoy what I have to offer or move along to BW where I have more mods available ~

Heya  bud just a quickie for ya. I know you had alot of crap going on with the move and so forth. Since then things have changed alot obviosuly with the unlock & custom recoveries. That said was just curious if you still have plans on updating wWidow moving forward for use with TWRP, and getting it updated to 4.1.2 instead of the older 4.1.1 base currently being used. 

#133 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I am pretty sure I have stated this. as I updated the current builds I removed all mods, and as I released the updates, I continued to redo the Mods, Honey comb circle is the only battery Mod I have not converted to white yet..... and I am currently in the process of moving, I won't be updating or releasing anything for another month... so enjoy what I have to offer or move along to BW where I have more mods available ~

Heya  bud just a quickie for ya. I know you had alot of crap going on with the move and so forth. Since then things have changed alot obviosuly with the unlock & custom recoveries. That said was just curious if you still have plans on updating wWidow moving forward for use with TWRP, and getting it updated to 4.1.2 instead of the older 4.1.1 base currently being used. 

it installed just fine for me using TWRP on my unlocked MAXX HD.?

I highly doubt it as I don't have the time to go back through and redo everything for a base.. which you can flash the kernel from the new base if you want/need to.. android is not at the top of my list on things to do anytime soon unfortunately~

Posted Image

#134 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

If i understand correctly, in order to flash this ROM, I need to flash the 4.1.1 kernel since im on 4.1.2.

So where can I find the 4.1.1 boot.img ?

#135 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

This should work with 4.1.2 kernel.
I'm almost positive I was running it that way.

Doug B.
Doug B.

#136 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

This should work with 4.1.2 kernel.
I'm almost positive I was running it that way.

Doug B.

correct

Posted Image

#137 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

If i understand correctly, in order to flash this ROM, I need to flash the 4.1.1 kernel since im on 4.1.2.

So where can I find the 4.1.1 boot.img ?

No need for the 4.1.1 kernel. Devs build works fine with the 4.1.2 kernel 

#138 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

it installed just fine for me using TWRP on my unlocked MAXX HD.?

I highly doubt it as I don't have the time to go back through and redo everything for a base.. which you can flash the kernel from the new base if you want/need to.. android is not at the top of my list on things to do anytime soon unfortunately~

Yeah i know I've been using your builds on my Dev edition since long before the consumer units were even unlocked for use with a custom Recovery. I'm just not a fan of running old SW builds with newer kernels and so forth. Fully understanding not updating tho as it is a HUGE time sync to say the least. 

• andlaw likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Debloated, Zipaligned, JB 4.1.1 blur based, AOSP apps, 4.2 camera, 1% Accurate battery, Widow Butter tweaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users