n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:reesemitchell
  • Google+:reese.mitchell
  • LocationShreveport,LA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

i have a rooted droid razr. But the only problem is I have to sd mount (I think one of them is the real sd and the other is a partition. The problem is it is using the partiton as the sd card instead of the 16gig mem card. is it a way I can make it start reading the 16gig

thank you so much for your time.

I am sorry if this sound confusing

Thank you.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Sorry but your post is a little confusing....your phone has 16GB of storage by default. 8GB is used by the phone, and the other 8GB is referred to as the Internal storage which is the Internal sdcard. You basically can only access the 8GB on the Internal sdcard.

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Moving to Droid Razr General [XT912] Reason: Non-Emergency situation.

#4 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

if you look in your file tree aren't they /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard-ext or similar? it's pretty obvious if you explore it with a root browser (jrummy's root browser is free too) if you're talking about moving apps to SD all the system lets you do anymore even rooted (at least if you want it to work) is move apps back and forth between internal storage and mnt/sdcard which is your internal SD....that's the key, remmeber that mnt/sdcard is the partition and mnt/sdcard-ext is the physical SD card
  • reese likes this

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#5 reese

reese

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationShreveport,LA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

if you look in your file tree aren't they /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard-ext or similar? it's pretty obvious if you explore it with a root browser (jrummy's root browser is free too) if you're talking about moving apps to SD all the system lets you do anymore even rooted (at least if you want it to work) is move apps back and forth between internal storage and mnt/sdcard which is your internal SD....that's the key, remmeber that mnt/sdcard is the partition and mnt/sdcard-ext is the physical SD card

Thank you so very much for your help! I figured it out. Some guy made a youtube video on it I needed to use a program called directroy bind. Thank you guys for your help.

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thank you so very much for your help! I figured it out. Some guy made a youtube video on it

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I needed to use a program called directroy bind. Thank you guys for your help.

I am using Directory Bind and really like it. The guy in the video makes it sounds easy and overall it is, but it an be a bit confusing just to let you know. The most confusing part is you see the files in both places as Directory Bind is actually creating a symlink. Unfortunately, you cannot tell its a link by looking at permissions like you can with Linux.

I am using App2SD to move Apps from the phone side to the internal sdcard and then I use Directory bind to move them to the external.

HTH, and good luck

#7 reese

reese

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationShreveport,LA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

I am using Directory Bind and really like it. The guy in the video makes it sounds easy and overall it is, but it an be a bit confusing just to let you know. The most confusing part is you see the files in both places as Directory Bind is actually creating a symlink. Unfortunately, you cannot tell its a link by looking at permissions like you can with Linux.

I am using App2SD to move Apps from the phone side to the internal sdcard and then I use Directory bind to move them to the external.

HTH, and good luck

Your right it is very confusing. I am using spotify and wanted to transfer my music to my sd card. The only problem i am having is I am not sure is once I transer it to the sd card if I add more music does it sync it also. If I am not mastaken it only syncs what is there at that point in time I might be wrong I am still playing with it.

Also I have music on my sd card I was wonering is there a way i can get my music apps to read it. It would read it if i click on the music file but it will not scan my sd card for music.

Thank you.

#8 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Your right it is very confusing. I am using spotify and wanted to transfer my music to my sd card. The only problem i am having is I am not sure is once I transer it to the sd card if I add more music does it sync it also. If I am not mastaken it only syncs what is there at that point in time I might be wrong I am still playing with it.

Also I have music on my sd card I was wonering is there a way i can get my music apps to read it. It would read it if i click on the music file but it will not scan my sd card for music.

Thank you.

Anything you do going forward, as long as Directory Bind is activated and mounts the folders, it all goes to your external. You can verify that buy un-mounting that folder, then look at the internal card and you should NOT see any files.
  • reese likes this

#9 reese

reese

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationShreveport,LA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Anything you do going forward, as long as Directory Bind is activated and mounts the folders, it all goes to your external. You can verify that buy un-mounting that folder, then look at the internal card and you should NOT see any files.

Thank you so very much for the info! I been wondering about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sd card

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)