#1 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:12 AM

WARNING: 

DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT!

Non potest esse nisi unus

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:47 AM

Still here, huh?  Ok, you were warned.  LOL

Wow, what a movie!  Completely NOT how I thought it would go at ALL!!!  Let's begin....

The beginning with Clint losing his family was awful.

I can see why they didn't show the real way Captain Marvel shows up in her end credit scene given that she saved Tony And Nebula.  That was pretty badass.

Then we go off and cut off Thanos' arm.  Kuel.  And then...behead him.  Uh, wait, what?  We're really only 15 minutes into the movie and we just killed off Thanos????  Holy hell.

This is where it massively deviates from my expectations.  Which isn't to say it's a bad thing, just, surprising.  5 years later....ummmmmm what's happening here?  LOL

Poor Scott was trapped in the quantum realm for 5 years which for him seems like 5 hours.  Alright, that sucks but ok.  Absolutely hysterical the way he gets out though.  LMAO!

Now we'll get to the quantum time traveling stuff.  But first, I gotta say, I love professor Hulk!  I knew that was coming but was still great to see.

Ok, quantum realm time traveling.  They established some pretty hardcore rules on this one and broke them quite a bit.  Meh, whatever.  I'm not going to harp on this but some people are having an absolute meltdown over it.  I think it mostly worked for narrative story telling.  Don't think too hard about it or your brain will break.

So we kill off Black Widow.  That's troubling for many reasons.  Not the least of which is she's getting a freaking movie at some point.  So either that's going to be a prequel (um, why) or something else takes place.  Not really sure on this one.

Nebula gets her wifi network jacked.  Alrighty then.  That was unique.  But clearly that's how we got Gamorra back in a round about way.  Odd, but, I'll allow it.  LMAO  Will new Gamorra and Quill end up together?  I have my doubts about that....Asgardians of the Galaxy.  ;)

Thor.  OMFG Thor!  LMAO!  I truly expected the whole zap zap with storm breaker back to looking like a chiseled god at some point in this movie.  That was absolutely freaking hysterical that they left him like that.  Bravo, Marvel....bravo!

Loki...ok.  We didn't undo his death....exactly.  But we gave him a goddamn space stone which he used to escape.  That means that for his upcoming Disney+ show, we could get "new Loki" from that escape, in theory.  But he'd have to somehow find a way to make it to our reality.  I wouldn't rule this out but that should be an interesting story.

Most incredible scene in the movie IMO and the one where the audience cheered the loudest and I think everyone got choked up a little bit was Cap summoning Mjolnir and Thor proclaiming "YES I KNEW IT!"  Outstanding!  That was absolutely awesome.  "No, you get the little one" was hilarious!

Obviously everyone being brought back and Dr Strange portaling them all in for the final battle was amazing.  The girl sitting next to me was sobbing when Spider-man webbed in and hugged Tony.  Truly touching moment!

Captain Marvel.....I'm just going to come out and say this right now, she was the most useless and useful character in the whole movie.  She saved Tony and Nebula to make her entrance.  And she destroyed Thanos' ship at the end.  The problem with her was that Brie filmed Endgame before filming Captain Marvel and so she didn't really understand how to play the character very well in the limited role she had in Endgame.  That sucks IMO because I thought she REALLY brought that role to life in Captain Marvel.  Her character just didn't have the same feel to it in Endgame.  Which is disappointing as I truly like her a lot.

Pepper in the Iron Rescue suit was pretty badass.  I guess.  

Alright, let's just get to it.  Tony.  That was incredible and shows how far he came from Iron Man to saving the universe.  Most of us knew that this sacrifice was going to be made going into it but it was still a very powerful moment to see.  Peter and Pepper with him at the end was very moving.  His funeral and seeing everyone there was incredible.  Now, about that lone person at the end.  I had to look it up and that's the point.  EVERYONE has to look it up to find out that it's the kid from Iron Man 3!!!!!!!!! HOLY S!!!!!!!!  It would never have occurred to me.  That was awesome!!!!!!!

Cap's ending.....I don't know.  I don't have an issue with it but there are some really pissed off people who don't believe Cap would have made that choice.  I somewhat disagree with them on that but what do I know.  Yes, it creates a giant hole in their time traveling rules.  So what?  I personally like to think he was smart enough to grab 4 vials of Pym particles (ahh, didn't catch that did you?  He only needed 3.  SURPRISE) and used it to return to our timeline at the right moment.  So there giant plot hole peddlers, I've fixed it for you!  Pfffffttttt :p  :D

I absolutely loved this movie.  I thought it was a very fitting end to 10 years of movies.  They tied in every single movie so very well.  At 3 hours and 2 minutes it should have felt like a long movie.  It didn't.  The pacing was flawless.  And the ending is satisfying enough.  Not perfect by any means, but, it really did bring everything to a close.

#3 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

It was a very well done movie.  I did not expect the time travel to revisit many of the past movies, so that was a cool idea.  I did expect Tony to die, it seemed logical.  The Captain America story was really cool.  I did not feel 3 hours long, which is good.  

Not sure what else to say other than I did enjoy it.  And yeah, the kid standing there from Iron man 3 was very cool.  

• SamuriHL likes this

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

Having seen it twice now I loved it the second time as much as the first.  It was a truly fitting end to the Infinity series.  Marvel really just hit it out of the park with these 22 movies IMO.

#5 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

Ha

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#6 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:16 PM

Ok, questions. How did past thanos get into our timeline? If nebula killed her past self, how is she still alive? Who was the guy at starks funeral telling his daughter he'd get her as many cheeseburgers as she wanted ? And forgive me as I should know this but who did he hand the shield to so he could become the next Capt America?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#7 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

Holy hell.  That all tells me you should NOT have seen Endgame.  LOL  There's a reason it's called ENDgame.  It's the culmination of the 21 films that came before it.  :D

1) Thanos sent 2014 Nebula back to 5 years from now using the time GPS thing they all had.  Nebula then opened the quantum realm for 2014 Thanos to come to 5 years from now, with 5 years from now Nebula.

2) They explained very carefully that all the "rules of time travel" from movies like back to the future are bullshit.  When you travel to the past it doesn't impact the present, it creates a new alternate future timeline because the past becomes your future.

3) That would be Happy.  If you don't know who he is, you've never watched ANY of the Iron Man movies or Spider-man Homecoming.  He's quite prominent.

4) Woa, that was Sam who is Falcon.  He was introduced in Captain America Winter Soldier and is another prominent character throughout the MCU movies.  This storyline follows the comics in which Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, does in fact become the next Captain America.

So yea, that answers all of those questions.  But this movie is meant for everyone who has seen all 21 previous movies and is one of the most well done end movies I've ever seen.  A friend of mine was questioning whether she should go see it with her son because she's not seen Captain Marvel and that's about the only one I would say you could truly skip before seeing Endgame.  Avengers, Thor Dark World, and Guardians of the Galaxy were all movies they went back in time to.  Obviously Infinity War and Ant-man and the Wasp were heavily relied upon, as well. 

And the sound at the end credits was Iron Man in the cave where he made the first Iron Man suit to escape imprisonment.  A true mobius strip.

#8 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Alright alright relax, you don't have to be nasty about it. No I have not watched every single marvel movie before this. Was just asking questions. maybe I didn't catch a couple of pieces such as opening the quantum realm. Sheesh. Calm down. I thought the movie was great. Even without seeing a bunch of the other movies. Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#9 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

I wasn't being nasty LOL.  I was making the point that by missing quite a few movies you miss a TON of context for Endgame.  Can you enjoy it without all that context?  Sure.  But it's 100x more enjoyable understanding things like who Wong is, why the kid being at the end was so incredible, the fact that we have an Avengers era Loki running around with a tesseract and why that's incredibly important and what it means, why the scene with Professor Hulk and the Sorcerer Supreme was so surprising but awesome, why Pepper being in the Rescue Armor was a very big deal, why Scarlet Witch was so incredibly pissed off at Thanos even if it was only 2014 Thanos that had no idea who the hell she was, why Captain Marvel's uniform looks very Nova Corp like, why Thor's mother knew he was from the future just by looking at his eyes and his very poor lie to attempt to cover it up, why Captain America was able to wield Mjonir and how that was set up from the very beginning in Captain America The First Avenger, the history of tesseract with SHIELD, Hydra, and Mar-Vell, why Hank Pym being in a SHIELD facility with Howard Stark was absolutely INSANE, and so many more things that make this movie beyond incredible.  That's all.

#10 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:39 PM

Ah but I do know some of this context... I haven't seen all the movies but have seen some...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

#11 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

Those were a few examples.  The movie is loaded with references to every single one of the 21 previous movies in absolutely brilliant ways.  When Endgame comes out in August I plan on doing a rewatching of every single movie before watching Endgame again.  Some of the references are extremely subtle.  It's what puts Endgame at the top of the list.

#12 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

Finally got to see this yesterday. Wow. That was fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users