23 replies to this topic

#1 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

I've been noticing my battery life is literally dead after 4 or 5 hours, I already got rid of all the bloatware and running powermax ultimate but it still just doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Does anyone have any better ideas??

#2 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Put a custom rom on.
What is powermax ultimate?

#3 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm waiting on a ICS rom that has a working camera, but which gingerbread rom has the best battery?

#4 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

Its similar to juice defender

#5 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

I never mess with apk's like juice defender. In my experience they can drain more battery than they are worth.
As for which rom has the best battery, I'm not sure. Try a few of them, it is not hard to flash around. I run Abysm on my phone and the battery life is great.
They should all be better than the stock rom.

#6 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Will I have to re download all my apps? Ive never flashed roms before....

#7 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Will I have to re download all my apps? Ive never flashed roms before....

Yes, when changing roms you should wipe data. If you have not done it before spend some time reading until you understand the process. There are literally millions of threads explaining it. If you have any specific questions about the process feel free to ask.

#8 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm looking about downloading abysm it looks Pretty good what do you think?

#9 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm looking about downloading abysm it looks Pretty good what do you think?

That is the one I run, and all of the themes in my signature will work on it.
However, if you are on the 173 system (most recent update) then your bluetooth will not work on it.
You can either go back to 748 or just have not working bluetooth.
If that is an issue then flash one of the 173 roms.
I made the link below just for people looking for a rom like you.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#10 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yeah IM runnin 2.3.6 but bluetooth wont kill me lol but do you have a maxx or normal razr? And when I flash it will I be running 2.3.6?

#11 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Is there anyway to make a backup of my music or apps or anything so I can just restore it as I have 200 or 300 songs and would suck to have to redownload every single one by youtube converters again...... Lol

#12 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Is there anyway to make a backup of my music or apps or anything so I can just restore it as I have 200 or 300 songs and would suck to have to redownload every single one by youtube converters again...... Lol

A always backup (copy) my SD card files to my PC. You can use TIBU to backup your apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#13 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah IM runnin 2.3.6 but bluetooth wont kill me lol but do you have a maxx or normal razr? And when I flash it will I be running 2.3.6?

No, the system will be 2.3.5. with Abysm. It really does not mean much when you have custom roms though, unless you are going from 2.x to 4.x like the ics roms.
As for your music, you won't lose any of the files on your sd card internal or external. You just lose all of your loaded applications and their data.
You can copy/paste the folder at \data\app to your sd card also. Then after you load the new rom, go to the sd card and click each apk and it will install them.
You will still lose any data that was saved with them, but this is a quick way to get all the apks freshly installed on the new rom.

#14 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

As far as your music files... if they are on the external SD card you won't have to worry about losing them unless you format the external SD... as far as your apps, look into titanium backup... you can find it in the market... there are other apps that can do backups but I've always used TiBu (titanium backup)... just be sure to never restore system data with TiBu, as it will be nothing but problems... read the OP of whatever rom you want to flash, and follow all directions thoroughly.... if that rom says not to restore apps with TiBu... DON'T DO IT!... it will be nothing but a headache.. I do know if you flash an ICS rom you shouldn't restore apps because most apps must be reinstalled from the market due to compatibility issues with ICS.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#15 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well I'mjust looking for something with good battery and I just gotta put my music on the external and I should be fine?

#16 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well I'mjust looking for something with good battery and I just gotta put my music on the external and I should be fine?

yup, warning, you will get hooked to flashing your phone once you realize how easy it is.

#17 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'M just afraid I'm gonna mess it up lol

#18 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'M just afraid I'm gonna mess it up lol

Ok, and that is understandable. This tool linked below will bring your phone back to a stock state just like before you rooted it. If you can get to where you understand what to do with this tool, then you can get yourself out of pretty much anything that could happen. Just take your time and read any instructions provided to you for what you are trying to do. Once you get the hang of it, you will laugh at how easy it is. I flash my phone 10 times an hour at times.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#19 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

How would I got about putting all my music on the external hard drive?

#20 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Ue a file manager on the phone. copy multi, paste to sd-ext.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users