9 replies to this topic

#1 jrrsmith18

jrrsmith18

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

so i have a problem with the hdmi port, i dropped my droid razr hd into some soda and it was a bit messed up. the touch screen was not picking up any touch input so i left it in a bag of rice behind my tv ( for some warmth) overnight and the next morning the screen worked but everything was in the landscape position, and at this point i was on ota jb 4.1.1. i decided to use the droid utility to flash back to ics 4.0.4 and still everything was in landscape, when the phone boots the boot animation is portrait but when its to where you can interact with the phone its landscape. i fiddled with the settings in display, when i unchecked hdmi and auto rotate everything went back to normal and the screen even rotates when its supposed to. however when i ota update back to jb there is no disable hdmi option and turning off and on auto rotate does nothing. my question is does anyone know where the "drivers" are for the hdmi port? i would like to disable these and see if i can get back onto jb.

#2 justinjbaron

justinjbaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

I am having a similar problem.  Currently on Eclipse 4.2.2.  Would like to stay on it and disable the HDMI port hardware.  Any thoughts on whether that is possible?

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

It sounds more to me like the device believes you have an HDMI cable in.  I would turn your device off then clean out the HDMI port carefully with something like alcohol and a small brush or lint free paper folded tightly.  Don't pour the alcohol in obviously and let it evaporate completely before turning on again.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 justinjbaron

justinjbaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

agree, the phone thinks a cable is plugged in. but in my case I am fairly certain something is electrically fried with my HDMI port. I'll try cleaning it again, but hoping someone has a solution to add the HDMI function back to display settings in 4.1+

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Do you have an hdmi cable?  Try putting it in and out and see if it clears it as well.  You said it was soda, so I would bet you got some sticky stuff down in there that is bridging the tabs,.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 justinjbaron

justinjbaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

soda was the OP. mine was water. haven't tried cable, will do! thanks.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Or you could do like I did..... take the phone apart and remove the HDMI port alltogether and put a "blob" of silicone over the connections as not to short anything out :) .... voilĂ  no more HDMI problems..... ever LOL

... telekinectically tapping, tenaciously traversing the terrain...

• shane1 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#8 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Or you could do like I did..... take the phone apart and remove the HDMI port alltogether and put a "blob" of silicone over the connections as not to short anything out :) .... voilĂ  no more HDMI problems..... ever LOL

um yeah thats a hillbilly fix lmao

• johnthehillbilly likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

um yeah thats a hillbilly fix lmao

....if it works.... LOL :blink::blink:

jhf.png

#10 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

If one don't use the HDMI port for anything (like me) might as well be gone.... LOL .... but it actually worked out good because I was able to replace a damaged HDMI port on a friends phone with it :):)

jhf.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdmi, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users