Photo

Dropped Razr In The Pool, Wont Turn On, What Do I Tell Verizon?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I was reading on Verizons site that they dont cover water damage, so what do I tell them, I will also try to get a maxx

#2 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Um, hope they dont check the water mark for damage? No insurance=no replacement in your scenario. I think full retail is somewhere upwards of $500. And dont ask for a maxx, they will probably laugh at you. Verizon just had a special recently, to add inaurance to any device no matter how long youve owned it.

#3 randomcold

randomcold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Um, hope they dont check the water mark for damage? No insurance=no replacement in your scenario. I think full retail is somewhere upwards of $500. And dont ask for a maxx, they will probably laugh at you. Verizon just had a special recently, to add inaurance to any device no matter how long youve owned it.

I have insurance, but i read somewhere that water damage isnt covered by warranty, so do I need to report it as lost or stolen?

#4 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

You will need to report it as water damage, and pay the $50 deductible thru Assurion. You must go thru Assurion not verizon directly.

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

You will need to report it as water damage, and pay the $50 deductible thru Assurion. You must go thru Assurion not verizon directly.

It's $99 and you go through Asurion's website. I just did mine last week

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#6 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

if you have insurance it doesn't matter if it is water damage or lost. Still gotta pay 100.... keep your 800 dollar phone away from large bodies of water is the moral of the story....

Sent from my Gummy Razr while munching on Ice Cream Sandwich

#7 randomcold

randomcold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

if you have insurance it doesn't matter if it is water damage or lost. Still gotta pay 100.... keep your 800 dollar phone away from large bodies of water is the moral of the story....

Sent from my Gummy Razr while munching on Ice Cream Sandwich

Ok mam, I didnt need all this " keep your 800 dollar phone away from large bodies of water is the moral of the story...." maybe I was just asking and money isnt a problem, so no moral of a story , $#!+ happens

#8 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Wait, so I'm not supposed to shower with my phone?! J/k. Anyway, yes. Asurion.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#9 randomcold

randomcold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thank everyone, I just did the $99 dollars, all good

#10 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Recently I read in newspapers that Panasonic launched a new waterproof cellphones targeted at female population in Japan. Apparently Japanese lass has a habit of texting even while showering.. And is the major warranty claim for ladies..

So Panasonic came out with a water proof cell phone.. You can make calls and text messages even when your having a shower.

To me, thus is ridiculous.. But you never know.. The Japanese is always a bit weird.
Sent from my XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#11 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

I text in the shower sometimes :rolleyes:

#12 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

You guys are funny. He has water damage and you guys made him into a clown. Like he said $#!+ happens. Everyone making jokes. all he asked is for advice how to get a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#13 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Some people just take things too seriously. No-one made the op into a clown or gave him problems. They offered advice and the comment about bodies of water was a joke. Nothing to get upset about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#14 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

Recently I read in newspapers that Panasonic launched a new waterproof cellphones targeted at female population in Japan. Apparently Japanese lass has a habit of texting even while showering.. And is the major warranty claim for ladies..

So Panasonic came out with a water proof cell phone.. You can make calls and text messages even when your having a shower.

To me, thus is ridiculous.. But you never know.. The Japanese is always a bit weird.
Sent from my XT910

A waterproof phone would be badass. You could watch a movie while showering.

#15 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

For future reference, posting a thread asking the best way to commit insurance fraud isn't taken kindly around here.

:-D :-D

#16 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

I can see this escalating into a heated discussion that is unnecessary. Closing this topic.

For future reference, posting a thread asking the best way to commit insurance fraud isn't taken kindly around here.

Agreed. I already have to pay out my behind for a new phone because of all the fraud replacements.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users