Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,674 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Just got back from seeing it again.

- Did you notice the structure that Rey was first climbing on when she got into the death star?  The tractor beam control tower that Obi Wan had to kill in the first movie.  The music in the scene gives it away.

- "I've seen this raw strength only once before. It didn't scare me enough then. It does now."  I realized this as I watched the movie again.  Intentional or retcon, no matter.  This is when Luke realizes that Rey is a Palpatine.  He is not referring to Ben.  At least not anymore since this movie came out.  The question is did Leia hide that from Luke?  Or it was simply not communicated because Leia didnt know Rey existed until she met her?  Therefore she did not have open communication with Luke at the time.

- There are plenty of hints about Rey being pregnant.  Palpatine makes references to it, although for different purposes.  Also, the placement of Ben's hand as he transfers his life force into Rey is very telling.  Women on the boards are saying its right over her ovary/womb.  This probably does not matter since we're not getting an episode 10.  I also believe that the way she buried the two sabers is telling as well.

- I believe I identified a key point where a reshoot/rewrite came into play.  At the point Palpatine "grabs" Ben and Rey and captures some of the life force, much to his own surprise, feels like a big right turn.  I believe at this point they had 2 or 3 or possibly more alternative directions to go in.  I still maintain that Hayden Christiansen showing up at this point would have been an all time moment.  Oh well.

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#22 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,674 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

Oh and "And I..........am......all the Jedi."   While epic..........half of my crowd tonight laughed because they expected Rey to snap her fingers at that point.  Perhaps something Disney should have fixed and rewritten.

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#23 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:35 PM

Yes the tractor beam column was already confirmed.

I believe he was talking about Ben, but, he also realized she was a palpatine given that she wasn't a skywalker.

Not buying the pregnancy nonsense.  Also, they confirmed that Palpatine did *NOT* create Anakin. 

There's several places that were both rewritten and pulled.  I'm hoping the home release is an extended cut.

I *LOVE* what Dave Filoni did today about Ahsoka.  That was awesome.  Which means we may see her pop up again somewhere.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#24 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,674 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:54 PM

Id love to see a different cut as well.  There are a lot of questions.  Test tube snoke for example.  Two of them.  The hell is going on there?  Is this truly the last chapter of the story?  Are they Jedi EVER needed again?  Does Rey need that Gold Saber or did she make it just to be cool?

#25 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

She needs it.  She's going to create a new generation of Jedi.  But it will be different as she doesn't seem to care about the old Jedi rules.  And of course that will coax the force into creating a new generation of sith, as well.  The cycle won't ever end. It's how the force is balanced.

As for Snoke, clearly we know what the hell palpatine did with the child's dna.  (It's NOT baby Yoda.  Jon Favreau yelled at Iger for calling it baby Yoda.  It has a name and I think we're going to learn it tomorrow.)  Clones can't be made with the force.  He injected the Snoke clone with child DNA.

Can't wait for the Mandalorian tomorrow.

#26 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,674 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

Would certainly explain the deformities snoke had.  

#27 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

And why he was so strong with the force.

#28 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:28 PM

I've been playing jedi fallen order since the week of Thanksgiving. I absolutely love this game. The jedi you play has powers that tie into the sequel movies including rise of Skywalker. I'm at the point now where I could go finish the game but I'm attempting to max out my character first. The time period is a few years after the purge. Really well done game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#29 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

I really liked this movie a lot.  Thought it was a great way to finish up the trilogy and the saga.  i won't rehash what others have said except I also don't buy the whole force-baby Rey is with child thing.  However, some confusing things we were talking about after seeing it- 

--Why did Palp not completely drain the life force from Rey and Ben - it was obvious at that point she wasn't going to succeed him the way he had originally planned it - and Ben wasn't going to help him - he didn't need them anymore.

--Palp force-pushes Ben into an abyss or something - and he already had broken a leg or broke it when he fell - but somehow he climbs up the cliff-face on one leg and drags himself back?

--How did Zorii Bliss wind up in a ship helping the resistance at the end - her planet was blown up and she had given her "get out of jail free" card to Poe and thus may not have been able to arrange safe passage...?

--How did force ghost Luke grab a lightsaber?

--How did Chewie wind up on a different transporter?  He was clearly on the ship (Finn saw him being led onto the ship in handcuffs) that Rey accidentally blew up. except he wasn't.

Would love to hear y'all's theories on these.  I need to see the movie again - as Sam said, issues be damned I loved this movie....

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#30 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:22 PM

Palpatine has always been overly confident in his abilities.

Ben used the force.  :D

Who said Zori Bliss got safe passage?  She got passage.  I'm sure she snuck onto a first order ship.

The same way Yoda force lightninged the tree in Last Jedi.

The theory on that was that Finn's vision was obstructed by a rock and that there was more than one transport.  Seems weak.

Maybe we'll get more of an explanation if we get an extended edition.

#31 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:19 PM

All in all, I liked the sequels. I didn't really have the"hate" that many people had with TLJ but I'm not super happy with all the fan service and retcons with TLJ just to make others happy.
All in all, at least 75% of the sequels were reworks to the novels that were released prior to Disney so even though snoke wasn't plagus or that Ben and Rey weren't brother and sister, it was just a story from a different point of view. The fact that Palpatine was still able to pull strings for so friggin long shows his level of evil and strategy..which brings me to
my only real issue with the handling of the sequels was that Thrawn wasn't a part of it. Palpatine was very impressed with him and it could have been pretty cool to see him somehow assisting from the shadows. I realize that this opens the door for the next few star wars but just imagine a Easter egg or maybe even a mention of him or his area of the galaxy.
  • JB678 likes this

#32 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs Chicago
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:38 PM

The main problem I see with them trying to bring Thrawn (and I love Thrawn) into this trilogy is that you would have to explain what had happened to him and another very important character since the end Rebels. I think it would have been impossible with this story.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• jayrod likes this

#33 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Thrawn could have been used..a hologram or a named tactical maneuver etc.. just something that could easily get the next adventure going.. seeing as the Chiss call force sensitive individuals as Skywalker's,it could have given a double meaning to Rise of Skywalker... Just saying, I want a resolution to the Rebels Thrawn/Osahka,Ezra thing but since they used her voice.. Thrawn could have been a setup. I'm not sure that directors like JJ or whomever could bring stories and characters like those authors of"legends" novels or the gaming community like Fallen order etc.
Even if the random reports for having Lucas involved more might be moot now because like most great ideas, they are started by one and made even better with more imaginative individuals.Doesnt matter what medium, "remixes" etc can be even better than what the original was.
  • JB678 likes this

#34 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs Chicago
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

I was fine with them taking the old EU and making it non-canon and calling it Legends. Even the biggest Star Wars fans will admit that the EU ridiculous I mean come on Han Solo is Corellian royalty. That's something right out of Spaceballs. It allows them to now pick and choose what to bring into canon or what to forget about. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#35 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

(Sorry, spoilers for Rebels coming so ignore this post if you haven't seen it)

...you were warned....

You forget something about Ezra/Thrawn/Ghost crew (including Ahsoka).  It's largely believed that Ezra and Thrawn hyperspaced to the  unknown regions, which is where Thrawn is from.  The Ghost crew set out looking for them after RotJ.  I firmly believe that they could, at some point in the future, revisit that whole thing with a new show set in the unknown region.  Which would be HELLA kuel as we've never seen it before.  Ezra, btw, was NOT one of the voices which leaves his story open.  Maybe he capped Thrawn and is sitting in a palace in the unknown region.  LMAO  We don't really know.  MAYBE Ezra found force users in the unknown region and started his own Jedi academy.  Again, unknown....region.  :D  I think that would make a wicked show sometime in the future to fill in the gaps between Mandalorian and Force Awakens.

#36 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

All I can say is that the star wars universe,ideas etc flourished much greater than what ol George could ever have invisioned. He remixed multiple ideas of samurai,westerns and other ideas and made a whole universe that countless others have enjoyed and appreciated so much that we are having this discussion. I don't think that every idea from the EU/legends was good but there's obviously enough connections in these sequels to show similarities..and the fact that other media such as Rebels has been included in at least the finale of"The Skywalker saga" shows that there are a vast pool of ideas to continue the star wars universe.
At the same time, my BIGGEST complaint is that in order to get the"full" experience, you have to read the books / comics and watch multiple shows to get a better grip on the overall universe. Example: the finale for the mandolorian first season. Had I not watched clone wars/ rebels I wouldn't have known that the weapon that was melting the tie from the inside was the dark saber nor would I have known it's significance. I know you have to do footwork in order to find information on things that you are interested in but I also think that it shouldn't be so scattered..I mean,hell.. it's been probably 15 years since I read the Thrawn books and even the youzan vong(spelling) etc.. I would have to repurchase books etc to even know who Thrawn was unless I paid for a subscription service (I do) or buy the series etc.
I know I am rambling..hell, Marvel is going to be doing the same thing with the next phase of movies so it's inevitable that we will have to spend more money and time to get the greater vision but yeah, sometimes it sucks to be a geek.. hahaha
Stories are the greatest thing that humanity has contributed.. doesn't matter if everyone likes them or not.
  • SamuriHL likes this

#37 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:10 AM

Awww Carrie Fisher's daughter was in this one too

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#38 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:24 PM

She was in all of the sequel trilogy.  This last one can't have been easy to film.

#39 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:57 AM

Speaking of Fallen order, as a relative "non gamer" I am liking most of it.. I know I've missed a few secret areas etc and I'm sure it's taking me a lot longer than most people but I'm on my way back to Kashyyyk after going through the rise of the sphere etc. I've been playing on and off since Christmas since I finally decided to buy myself and oldest daughter Xbox ones.. I really haven't played puzzle/action since Resident evil 4 I believe back in the PS2 days.. hahaha.
I'm more of a fighting or racing gamer.. already ran through story mode x2 on injustice 2 in far less time than I've been playing Fallen order.
  • SamuriHL likes this

#40 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:34 AM

Interesting article about Rey's new yellow lightsaber shown at the end of the movie

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users