#1 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

***WARNING - this thread contains spoilers - Read you not if you haven't seen The Mandalorian ***

So many things to talk about here.  The Mandalorian, the spaghetti western in space, has concluded season 1.  There's Baby Yoda ("The Child") - s/he can't be named Yoda of course but Yoda's the only one of Yoda's species we have ever encountered before, until now.  He is young, the show says he's 50 years old, which apparently in Yoda species is quite young - he can't speak yet but he does already have VERY strong force abilities - I dare say perhaps stronger than Yoda - can suspend a huge Mud Horn in mid-air, HAS HEALING CAPABILITIES, can force-choke (oops sorry Cara), can beat back a huge fireball sent by a Flametrooper, etc etc.  The exertion of using the force tires him out.  Anyway, the Imperials want him/her, but we don't yet know why.

This show really grew on me over the last few episodes - I loved Kuill (voiced by Nick Nolte) and IG-11 (Directed Episode 8) and Cara (badass).  Greef Carga.  Lando-ish.  But not as Lando.

and uh, Moff Gideon... Dude is not to be f%$ked with.  And we find out at the very end that he somehow is in possession of the Darksaber.  Holy $#!+.

More here, but please discuss.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:07 PM

Yea, let's not call him baby Yoda.  Jon Favreau gets his panties in a bunch over that.  He is to be called the Child or I suppose as my dad does, you can now call him the Foundling.  LMAO  He's been taken in by the Mandalorians until he can be brought to his people.  Assuming there are in fact more of them.  I will refrain from spoiling what I think "the imps" want with him until everyone's seen Rise of Skywalker.  I already posted my thought on that there. 

Moff Gideon is going to make me a very, VERY unhappy person.  Sabine gave the Darksaber, after learning to wield it by Kaanan in Rebels, to the person who led the Mandalorians right at the start of A New Hope.  The fact that a non-Mandalorian possesses it, AGAIN, is going to send those who's left into a flying rage (see what I did there).  Maul had already killed the previous owner of it back before Revenge of the Sith. Sabine took it back from Dothomir (a place I absolutely HATE right now...Jedi Fallen Order related, don't mind me).  An Imperial Moff possessing it is untenable at best.  This is not going to have a good outcome for anyone.  That Moff needs to die a very painful death.

The Child's powers are growing stronger.  It explains some sequal trilogy stuff assuming you believe my theory as to what the imps want with him.

Cara Dune from Aalderan is hot.  Just sayin'.

• LDubs likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:24 AM

Season 2 official fall 2020.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#4 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:55 AM

Yes, Cara Dune is smoking hot. Lol at the imps

Do we have any backstory on kuills character? I liked that guy. I have spoken

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#5 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:01 AM

Think I'll go refresh my memory a bit

• SamuriHL likes this

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 08:26 AM

Yes, Cara Dune is smoking hot. Lol at the imps

Do we have any backstory on kuills character? I liked that guy. I have spoken

Nothing more than what he's told us, which isn't much.  Forced into Imperial servitude sometime around Revenge of the Sith and earned his freedom.  It's clear why Cara is pissed off about the Imps...they kind of blew up her planet.  Wonder if she and Leia were besties in Rebel training school.  LMAO

#7 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

I justed feel that the finale should have given us more to process. Hopefully season 2 isn't limited to 8 episodes. 10 or 12 at 45-60 minutes consistently would be nice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#8 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

More to process????  Ummmm, I guess I don't understand what your expectations were.  The DarkSaber showing up in the hands of an Imperial Moff is a *LOT* to process if you know anything about the history of the Mandalorians.  I get the feeling you were expecting answers to be handed on a silver platter.  I'm glad they didn't do that.  They've set up a far bigger world going forward.  Remember this is about the Mandalorian.  From that perspective it's done plenty this season.  We learned that Mandalore was decimated by the Imps some time after a New Hope.  We learned that Moff Gideon is probably directly responsible for killing the Mandalorian leader and taking the Darksaber.  We've learned that Mandalorian armor is specifically crafted for each Mandalorian from Beskar steel.  We've learned that the Mandalorians earn their sigil based on something honorable they've done in battle.

I'd say that's a lot to process in one season.

#9 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

I just watched all the Mandalorian related episodes in Clone Wars and Rebels.  I maintain my position that I'm pissed off about Moff Gideon being in possession of the Darksaber.  Sabine gave it to someone very specific after Mandalore was freed from Imperial control before A New Hope.  That person, and many more, would have had to die horrible deaths in order for him to have it.  The fact that he is wanted for war crimes suggest those crimes took place against the Mandalorians.  This is setting up a far bigger conflict than you realize.

#10 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

I just did the same thing.  I watched the finale and then went and watched those rebels episodes after I saw you did it.  Good idea.  Very interesting indeed.  

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#11 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

Which is why I think they set up a much bigger story going into season 2.  This was a good season to set the stage.  And they did that well.  Look at Clone Wars and Rebels season 1....neither of those were EXCEPTIONAL in their first year.  It takes time to get everything established, build a little back story here and there, etc.  Now we have Moff Gideon with something he shouldn't have and I think that's going to be great for next season.

#12 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 December 2019 - 06:14 AM

Except no one currently knows anything about the force or force weapons ...which will make things most interesting. Nothing the Mandalorian can throw at the darksaber will have any effect whatsoever.

#13 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 06:43 AM

The blacksmith knows about the force. As did kuill. It's just that 20 years of the empire rooting out and killing both jedi and force users has made people forget. At this point in the Skywalker story Luke is training umm someone (this isn't the rise is Skywalker spoiler thread so...). The jedi are long gone.

As for fighting the darksaber, you need to understand the history between mandalorians and the jedi. The darksaber was created over a thousand years prior by a mandalorian jedi. After he died the darksaber was kept in the jedi temple on coruscant. About 100 years prior the mandalorians liberated it from the jedi. It was claimed by the mandalorian jedi's clan... the viszlers. They used it to unite the mandalorian clans. It was taken by maul through combat before revenge of the sith. He used it to rule mandalore with his brother for a very short time. Palpatine saw maul and his brother as rivals so he went to mandalore and fought them. Savage was killed and maul used the darksaber in combat against palpatine... and lost. It was kept on dathomir until it was reclaimed by a mandalorian named sabine wren a few years before a new hope. This is where we get to the part about fighting against the darksaber...

Sabine proved that a non force user could wield it. She trained with 2 jedi to learn. Ultimately it was taken from her and she had to fight against it. Now we get to the point. Nearly all mandalorian weaponry was designed to counter the jedi. There's no indication yet that moff gideon is trained in the force but let's say he is. Perhaps he was a former inquisitor. Even if he is the armor of a mandalorian is designed to defeat a jedi. He could fight gideon and reclaim the darksaber to reunite the remaining mandalorians. That is what I anticipate happening.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#14 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs Chicago
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

I love this.

• SamuriHL likes this

#15 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:05 AM

Sam is no stranger to Star Wars, voicing Maul in the Clone Wars and Rebels, but, also voicing Starkiller in Force Unleashed video games.  He can be mad all he wants, but, the article is right...Sabine is the one that should be FURIOUS.  Assuming, of course, the blacksmith isn't, in fact, Sabine.  ;)

• JB678 likes this

#16 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:20 AM

Damn it..... I hadn't even considered the the Armorer could be Sabine. 🤯

• SamuriHL likes this

#17 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

Oh I did.  First time we saw her.  I was like WOAAAAAAA!  Totally fits.

• JB678 likes this

#18 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

Oh I agree it totally fits and I'm more pissed at myself for not thinking of it.

• SamuriHL likes this

#19 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:41 AM

Damn. Didn't even think of that.

• SamuriHL likes this

#20 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:54 AM

I don't think anyone has.  I've not seen the theory posted anywhere but it's the very first thing I thought of.  The color of that armor....it matches Sabine's mother's.  Which is another possibility.

• JB678 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars, Baby Yoda, The Mandalorian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users