gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny
  • Current Device(s):xt926 droid RAZR HD maxx

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hey I am wondering what % of members utilize their usb otg funtcionality?
Ever since my discovery of it I use it constanly. Currently I am writing this whilst my device is connected to my tv via hdmi, and I am typing on a cheap logitech bluetooth keyboard via usb otg. The otg cord that i am using is designed to allow you to charge while utilizing usb otg. The main reason I am asking is because it is a funtion that seems almost unkown amonst the masses, why is this feature not ever brought up or advertised? It's extremely practicle. the guys that work at the local Verizon place were baffled when i pulled out an usb otg cord. Not only is this function mostly unkown the array of usb otg cords that I can find on Amazon are nowhere to be found whether it be Verizon or Best Buy. I want more people to use this funtion!
If you use USB OTG let me know!

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#2 cryptociph3r

cryptociph3r

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:cryptociph3r
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX XT912

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

I am eager to utilize my xt912 otg function --- there are too many otg cables to choose from and not guaranteed to accommodate my phone (although it may say that it is compatible with my xt912)

Where did you get your otg cable?

Thanks

- cryptociph3r

#3 gdam780

gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

From my experience they are all the same with the exception of the cord that allows me to charge while using otg; if i remember that cord was advertised as being for a samsung tablet, when i first got it i didnt think that it worked, but i realized that i have to plug the charger in to the female micro usb and then restart the device once it reboots then its charging at least on my xt926
The otg function, i first purchased the first one I saw for like 10 or 11 dollars only after ordering in receiving my first chord did I find the exact same chord for a $1.50 a piece on Amazon since I haven't been able to find them anywhere else other than the Internet I went ahead and ordered 15 of them. Here is a pic of the three different ones i have.

#4 gdam780

gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

the really small one with no cord is the lowest quality i woulds say but sometimes nice to have no cord and they all seem to work =ly well.

Attached Files

#5 gdam780

gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Awesome, it's just as I thought I'm pretty much the only one that's super stoked on USB OTG, I mean, come on I have three different kinds that gotta get me some kind of gold star or something right?!lol
Hey bro on the xt912 let me know what your USB aux GG functionality is I'm relatively sure they bumped up the available power supplied by the host device on the Razr HD/maxx among other things. I have been able to plug an unpowered Dynex USB hub into my powered OTG cord with a Bluetooth keyboard 2 flash drives and a Bluetooth mouse plugged in all at once. The only issue I had was one of the flash drives would generally lose power and copying from one to the other was pretty sketchy at best, but 4 devices on an unpowered hub is pretty kick rear end. It looks ridiculous when I have it all hooked together I guess I have to post a picture of it.:ph34r:

#6 gdam780

gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

So here's what I refer to as OTG-OTT,(OTG over the top). Used my old droix x in place of my 926. The other device attached is my new Solar Charger which I am pretty excited about because I can now run this operation almost perpetually sans a/c power source.

Attached Files

#7 gdam780

gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Wow that's awesome man! Ya I know.

Attached Files

#8 gdam780

gdam780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIthaca ny

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I have yet to decypher the underlying methodology of having Interactive communications in this forum, and thus I have been stricken with a continuation of my internal dialogue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• ZKK007 likes this

#9 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Just found out about this functionality. I'm pretty stoked to get one. Glad i found this thread. My only question is have u tested to see of it works on any custom roms? Especially 4.2 roms?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users