charliew

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hey guys,

So I fell with my Razr in my pocket, and I broke the LCD screen within it :( The Gorilla Glass didn't chip or break at all, but the pressure caused the screen withinn to bust and spider web out, so it's completely unusable at this point. I looked up some repair costs, and most places put it at around $270! Does anyone have any experience or reccomendations with this type of issue? I just want to get it back up and running as soon as possible!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Charliew

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hey guys,

So I fell with my Razr in my pocket, and I broke the LCD screen within it :( The Gorilla Glass didn't chip or break at all, but the pressure caused the screen withinn to bust and spider web out, so it's completely unusable at this point. I looked up some repair costs, and most places put it at around $270! Does anyone have any experience or reccomendations with this type of issue? I just want to get it back up and running as soon as possible!

-Charliew

Get in contact with DirtyDroidX. If I recall correctly, he has gotten quite experienced at performing the repairs, and would likely give you a fair deal. $270 however is not outrageous, as a replacement screen will be ~$225 from what a quick search has shown me.

#3 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

We have LCDs on our phones? J/k.

On a serious note snives is right. The AMOLED panel on our phone is far and away the single most expensive component of our phones. Pricing on replacements is a pain. Sorry to hear you broke it :(

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#4 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

How about this place

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#5 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

How about this place

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

$169 isn't bad for the part.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#6 killalax

killalax

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Haha yeah it blows. I dropped a metal water bottle thermos on the back of my razr in the grass and completely destroyed my lcd. I had to pay $100 to get a new phone through insurance. Such bull..

#7 charliew

charliew

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks guys! But how would I know if I needed the OEM Super AMOLED Digitizer, or the Full one? It's $169.99 opposed to $222.99

Plus I don't know If I'm up to the DIY part, since it's a relatively new phone for me I wouldn't want to mess it up further

#8 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

If you can get it for 160 or whatever was in the other post, that's a good deal. I have replaced 14 razr screens. Lol not my own, well a few . But I will do it for you.

Sent from my Droid Razr usiyesng Tapatalk

#9 youngneif

youngneif

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hey guys,

-Charliew

Question, did u have insurance on it. Asurion with Vzw replaces the whole thing for less. I mean if you had a lot in it, it will be a drag to get all of these settings and stuff back the way they were but at least if you use asurion, you will get a brand new razr or maxx for 100 overnight to you door.

#10 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

160 is good price. I have done about 15 i have gotten for cheeper from china, but takes a while to get, and thats without the front bezzel, it goes alot better if you can do it all in one piece rather than take the screen from the bezel. Also moto will do it for 170 with bout 5 day turn around.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#11 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Yea if anyone needs one replaced I will replace and send back out same day.

#12 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yea if anyone needs one replaced I will replace and send back out same day.

Hey dirty, what would b good is if u could get a few, say 5 people needing replacement then you can get a nice lil cut on cost. Atleast from the places i have looked. Then it saves everybody.
If your interested let me know as i would probly add to the order to get me a spare screen or 2. This would cut down cost. And u cld just send mine to me whenever you get em. Anyways, just a thought.
Im currently sittin on 2 cracked lcd og razrs i aquired.

Posted Image

#13 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

If you get me the company's contact info I will call and see if I can get a group rate.

#14 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Nice. When i get home ill pull the info

Posted Image

#15 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I'm interested as well. I have a razr maxx with a shattered screen but the LCD is fine. Dirty, is it difficult to pull the LCD from the glass?

#16 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

If you get me the company's contact info I will call and see if I can get a group rate.

Any way this could get started again for the conversion kits DDX?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#17 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Sorry for the delay. Sending you a pm now dirty.
Also this will work easier and faster than conversion, as these are distributor's who sell by quantity, some as low as 1, but the higher the quantaty the lower the price.
You have too look around a bit and calculate in frate, but its is fairly easy to find amazing deals.

Posted Image

#18 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Any way this could get started again for the conversion kits DDX?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Umm that is a good question. I no blake was handling that. Is that company producing them? Or are they still on pre order or whatever?

#19 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sorry for the delay. Sending you a pm now dirty.
Also this will work easier and faster than conversion, as these are distributor's who sell by quantity, some as low as 1, but the higher the quantaty the lower the price.
You have too look around a bit and calculate in frate, but its is fairly easy to find amazing deals.

I got your pm. Thanks. I will be looking into this tomorrow. I need a guesstament on how many peeps are interested.

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Umm that is a good question. I no blake was handling that. Is that company producing them? Or are they still on pre order or whatever?

Haven't heard anything from Blake about it in a very very long time.

They are still on pre-order though.

"THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. WE ARE ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS WHICH ARE ESTIMATED TO SHIP ON Jun 29, 2012"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LCD, Broke, Broken, Screen, Droid, Razr, Glass, Fix, Crack, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users