5 replies to this topic

#1 Sinster

Sinster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'm using Advance Task Killer. I kill selected apps, but they show up again after a few minutes. I really don't need Shazam, Double Twist, Key ring, and Google Play Store running in the background. I don't have any of those widgets running.

#2 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

I'm kinda interested in this as well.
What I do can not be the best way, I freeze the apps that I dont want running until I need them. Then unfreeze and use.
-I dont do this on shazam, but I dont show anything running on it. Did you back out of it or close it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#3 RazRMaxX

RazRMaxX

Lilttle miss Sally

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

From what I know using a third party program to kill apps will cause your battery even drain faster since your system will restart them right away. Try using the task manager that comes with your stock Razr and/or freeze the bloatware you do not need with

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I did this and saving a lot of battery :)

#4 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

If you have an aokp rom installed, you can enable the "Hold back to kill" under General UI

If you're really talking about Widgets, then that's the problem as they typically run all the time in the background.

#5 Sinster

Sinster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

From what I know using a third party program to kill apps will cause your battery even drain faster since your system will restart them right away. Try using the task manager that comes with your stock Razr and/or freeze the bloatware you do not need with

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I did this and saving a lot of battery :)

I have no issue with my battery. I have frozen the apps that I don't want to use. These are the apps that I use but don't want to run them in the background.

#6 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

i wish this topic would continue. Have been searching for valid info regarding these topics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users