#1 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've made my jb RAZR M homescreen app drawer transparent on my RAZR Maxx but instead of showing the wallpaper as the App drawer background I have a transparent black background. Does anyone know what else needs editing to make this work right, like a smali line or something.

~ BLUE AOKP RAZR MAXX 4G LTE~

• wabmorgan likes this

mwcyo7.png

#2 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

If I'm understanding your issue, you could use an app like Simple Text to create a transparent icon and then set it as that...

||Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear...
Posted Image

#3 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

If I'm understanding your issue, you could use an app like Simple Text to create a transparent icon and then set it as that...

I don't know what simple text is but I want this background transparent showing the wallpaper like it's supposed to. You can see that I've got it transparent already cause you can see my bottom dock in the background.

Attached Files

mwcyo7.png

#4 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

I don't know what simple text is but I want this background transparent showing the wallpaper like it's supposed to. You can see that I've got it transparent already cause you can see my bottom dock in the background.

ohh my mistake, I misunderstood...what launcher are you using? Some don't have this feature but some do...somewhere in the launcher settings there would be a page for the App Drawer where you can make the wallpaper transparent or whatever pic you want....

Posted Image

#5 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

ohh my mistake, I misunderstood...what launcher are you using? Some don't have this feature but some do...somewhere in the launcher settings there would be a page for the App Drawer where you can make the wallpaper transparent or whatever pic you want....

It's the jb RAZR M launcher, I use it cause I like the circle widgets. I'm doing XML edits to make it transparent. I've already made it transparent but it shows a black transparent background instead of the wallpaper on the homescreen. I have the RAZR M ICS launcher that has the transparent app drawer background that I found on XDA but I like the jb launcher better.

mwcyo7.png

#6 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I just had a thought, I know scary. When you were changing XML's were you changing anything in styles such as a @theme ? It's possible that you may have changed one to @ theme.wallpaper and it is causing the transparency.

And if not in styles, maybe in the manifest?
Just a thought.

Sent from my Icarus HD Edition Bionic

#7 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

I just had a thought, I know scary. When you were changing XML's were you changing anything in styles such as a @theme ? It's possible that you may have changed one to @ theme.wallpaper and it is causing the transparency.

Just a thought.

The only things I changed was in layout-app customize panel or something like that to transparent and in styles and colors I changed all the text color to my color blue. I also changed launcher BG to transparent to but I can't remember where it was located, I think it was in styles but not sure.

mwcyo7.png

#8 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just a thought.

Do you know what XMLs to change that changes the colors of text and dividers in the settings apk. I can't seem to find where to do that.

mwcyo7.png

#9 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

The dividers through out are both XML (can't remember the exact names) and .9s..and the text color can generally be changed by changing "holo_blue_light" and "holo_blue_dark" However....that might not be enough to get all your text the color you want. Your best bet is to come up with at least 3 shades of whatever color(blue) that you are wanting and change all of the XMLs in Framework-res/colors...and to be honest, there are a handful of other places just in framework that control settings,systemui, etc...not to mention if you want the same in other APKs such as phone,contacts,etc. . The image that controls the divider between sections is framework-res/drawable-hdpi/ "list_section_divider_holo_dark.9" and there are a couple others in that same area for the smaller lines

#10 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

The dividers through out are both XML (can't remember the exact names) and .9s..and the text color can generally be changed by changing "holo_blue_light" and "holo_blue_dark" However....that might not be enough to get all your text the color you want. Your best bet is to come up with at least 3 shades of whatever color(blue) that you are wanting and change all of the XMLs in Framework-res/colors...and to be honest, there are a handful of other places just in framework that control settings,systemui, etc...not to mention if you want the same in other APKs such as phone,contacts,etc. . The image that controls the divider between sections is framework-res/drawable-hdpi/ "list_section_divider_holo_dark.9" and there are a couple others in that same area for the smaller lines

I've got contacts and phone and all the other apks text changed the way I want it but it just seems like settings just don't want to change. I've been all through frame work and settings XML changing colors and haven't got it to change yet.

mwcyo7.png

#11 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

It's a smali change in systemui but I'm at work so when I get out I'll show you
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#12 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

wait...are you on the razr jb OTA? if so, no one has figured it out yet because they changed everything in the update. because they added transparency to the update it screwed everything up...kind of annoying cause me, jayrod, bamafan39, sparky and several others have tried to get complete transparency instead of translucent to no avail. the smali edit i was talking about is already integrated in the jb update so that isnt the issue, but ive tried soooo many other things and...nothing. wish i could help, but if you do figure it out let me know ;)
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
Donating towards

#13 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

wait...are you on the razr jb OTA? if so, no one has figured it out yet because they changed everything in the update. because they added transparency to the update it screwed everything up...kind of annoying cause me, jayrod, bamafan39, sparky and several others have tried to get complete transparency instead of translucent to no avail. the smali edit i was talking about is already integrated in the jb update so that isnt the issue, but ive tried soooo many other things and...nothing. wish i could help, but if you do figure it out let me know ;)

I would really appreciate it. Already got the transparency done in apps customize pane or whatever it's called. No I'm still on the jb leak, I didn't see no reason to go through all the trouble to upgrade to the its. I'm on jb leak .8 and not the ota. I would like to know what smali if you don't care.

mwcyo7.png

#14 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

It's a smali change in systemui but I'm at work so when I get out I'll show you

Is it not a smali change or something in homescreen apk cause I have the ICS RAZR M homescreen that has the transparent app drawer and it works and stays transparent on any ROM I used it on. I found it on XDA where some one had made it transparent.

mwcyo7.png

#15 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sorry I should have specified... It was jb in general that changed every thing. So 8 and 16 both already have that smali edit. I worked on it for like a month straight changing every png, xml and smali file I could find but I finally gave up... Wish I succeeded cause it screwed up all our themes from ICS to JB
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
Donating towards

#16 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Is it not a smali change or something in homescreen apk cause I have the ICS RAZR M homescreen that has the transparent app drawer and it works and stays transparent on any ROM I used it on. I found it on XDA where some one had made it transparent.

No we use RAZR m launcher in all our ROMs... it's in systemui
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
Donating towards

#17 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sorry I should have specified... It was jb in general that changed every thing. So 8 and 16 both already have that smali edit. I worked on it for like a month straight changing every png, xml and smali file I could find but I finally gave up... Wish I succeeded cause it screwed up all our themes from ICS to JB

So is the ICS RAZR M homescreen different from the jb RAZR M homescreen. It won't be the same edits.

mwcyo7.png

#18 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

So is the ICS RAZR M homescreen different from the jb RAZR M homescreen. It won't be the same edits.

Doesn't matter what homescreen you use cause it has nothing to do with the homescreen... it's SystemUI.apk that has to be edited and they changed it in the jb OS update
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
Donating towards

#19 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Doesn't matter what homescreen you use cause it has nothing to do with the homescreen... it's SystemUI.apk that has to be edited and they changed it in the jb OS update

OK thanks for letting me know. I'm just trying to understand why the ICS RAZR M homescreen stays transparent and can see the wallpaper in App drawer on any ROM that I install it on and it's different systemUi.apk on every ROM. I mean even if I install it on my AOKP 4.2.2 ROM it's transparent and looks like it's supposed to.

mwcyo7.png

#20 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

What is launcher BG in homescreen, I think it was in styles. Xml. I changed it to transparent also.

mwcyo7.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users