Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#21 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yes they WILL work!! you need to mount system before flash! this is the way the Dev edition have been flashing moto based roms!

thanks Twin, this sounds too new to me :) all my life using Moto phones :) i think i need to have a look to see how to use it, i appreciate if you or anyone can guide us to a link or something similar explaining how to use this new tool. i will do my search and will post here any useful information
  • rokr1292 likes this

#22 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Someone asked but it wasn't answered, should we uninstall SafeStrap?

#23 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

will this hook up the RAZR M as well, or only the HD?

#24 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

What are the advantages of using TWRP and not just staying with SS 3.12? Cant we back up the full rom including kernal in SS and restore full backups on stock slot anyway now with the unlocked bootloader? Just wondering if Im missing something, and if SS will basically do everything TWRP can? Or does TWRP wipe/restore/backup/flash differently with an unlocked BL then SS 3.12 will?

Also does this flash utility use the new 2.4.4 TWRP that was released today? Both 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 TWRP files are the same size so its hard to tell.

#25 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Two questions 1 Im still on ss 3.9 will that be a problem> 2 Im on 4.1.1 rooted will moto keep bugging me to take OTA after Im unlocked if so should I use voodoo and take it?

#26 stefen

stefen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

I tried using this and booting into the recovery using goo manager and got the Dead Android with the red exclamation

#27 rokr1292

rokr1292

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

i think im gonna need an idiot-proof how to.... one click things are good, but do i have to uninstall Safestrap before i do this? and when i want to flash a rom how do i mount a system first? really excited at the possibility of official CM in the near future

#28 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

This is great! I'm looking forward to what comes next
Posted Image

#29 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Two questions 1 Im still on ss 3.9 will that be a problem> 2 Im on 4.1.1 rooted will moto keep bugging me to take OTA after Im unlocked if so should I use voodoo and take it?

After you're unlocked, it shouldn't really matter if you go up to 4.1.2 as you could flash a root zip #1, OR flash an ICS fastboot file. Remeber. NOW we can downgrade again. MOST of the old Motorola "stuck here" rules are out the window now.

What are the advantages of using TWRP and not just staying with SS 3.12? Cant we back up the full rom including kernal in SS and restore full backups on stock slot anyway now with the unlocked bootloader? Just wondering if Im missing something, and if SS will basically do everything TWRP can? Or does TWRP wipe/restore/backup/flash differently with an unlocked BL then SS 3.12 will?

Also does this flash utility use the new 2.4.4 TWRP that was released today? Both 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 TWRP files are the same size so its hard to tell.

Safestrap does not back up kernels. TWRP and CWM do. Safestrap and bootstrap style recoveries are bandaids. Everyone should be ECSTATIC to have a true recovery now.

will this hook up the RAZR M as well, or only the HD?

This is not for the Razr M. But I'm sure some recovery will show up on that forum as well soon enough. I believe they aren't cross compatible because of the screen sizes.
  • jroc likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#30 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

this worked fine on my HD. Thanks Tucs :)
  • tucstwo likes this

#31 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

This is not for the Razr M. But I'm sure some recovery will show up on that forum as well soon enough. I believe they aren't cross compatible because of the screen sizes.

Yeah, I did some looking and answered my own question. Probably should have done that first. Haha. It became obvious when I got off tapatalk and logged on from the PC, where I could actually see which thread it was in, rather than just checking out the recent column. Thanks for the response though!

#32 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/108778167441489933514
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid 2 Global

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Just confirming: This definitely works as-is.

#33 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ok I have tried to flash twrp 4 times now with this utility... Its not working. I looked in system/etc folder and there is now recovery.sh. Not sure whats wrong. Maybe since I had SS3,12 installed on my phone already something is changed idk. I also noticed on the instructions for cwm and twrp for dev phones that you need to rename recovery.sh prior to installing CWM, but for TWRP that is not needed, what is needed is that right after flashing the recovery you need to fastboot reboot recovery right away without booting up the phone, so you can backup which changes the stock recovery name for you... Like I said there is no file recovery.sh under system/etc. Not sure what needs to be done or incorporated. If I can help let me know.

edit: the only file similar to recovery.sh is install-recovery.sh . Is that the file, or does this also need to be renamed?

#34 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Ok I have tried to flash twrp 4 times now with this utility... Its not working. I looked in system/etc folder and there is now recovery.sh. Not sure whats wrong. Maybe since I had SS3,12 installed on my phone already something is changed idk. I also noticed on the instructions for cwm and twrp for dev phones that you need to rename recovery.sh prior to installing CWM, but for TWRP that is not needed, what is needed is that right after flashing the recovery you need to fastboot reboot recovery right away without booting up the phone, so you can backup which changes the stock recovery name for you... Like I said there is no file recovery.sh under system/etc. Not sure what needs to be done or incorporated. If I can help let me know.

edit: the only file similar to recovery.sh is install-recovery.sh . Is that the file, or does this also need to be renamed?

yeah, you can rename that file to install-recovery.sh.bak and save it. Then run the tool. I don't know why some people are having trouble while others aren't? Perhaps it has to do with what ROM people are on? IDK. But I'm gonna rewrite this tool later on tonight to check for, and rename install-recovery.sh so that it works 100% universally.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#35 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

yeah, you can rename that file to install-recovery.sh.bak and save it. Then run the tool. I don't know why some people are having trouble while others aren't? Perhaps it has to do with what ROM people are on? IDK. But I'm gonna rewrite this tool later on tonight to check for, and rename install-recovery.sh so that it works 100% universally.

Oh ok didnt know it was the same file. That makes sense now... What I just did is instead of hitting enter after it flashes twrp to reboot my phone I closed that screen, opened cmd and typed fastboot reboot-bootloader. Then powered off, and powered on while holding vol- and selected recovery and it finally worked. So maybe instead of renaming the file just have it boot to recovery somehow where we can create a back up which renames the stock recovery anyway...
Now my phone will boot to twrp, and install-recovery.sh is still in system/etc .

#36 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:Cobra_CMDR_47
  • LocationNYS

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

worked 4 me :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#37 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Tucs, it backs up automatically.. I confirmed that with zoo.. I mean I guess if you really wanted to copy a backup into another location or do it just for kicks anyways, but, no reason to.. :) just sayin...

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#38 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Not sure why it wasn't working on my phone and I tried many times... and now that I used the .bat and didn't hit enter to reboot my phone and manually powered it off then booted w vol+ and power,hit enter its working... and I still have the install-recovery.sh file. Idk. Should I still rename the .sh file? Also I just looked at a back up I made in safe strap earlier when I want unlocked and the one I just made in twrp. They are almost identical twins in size. Someone said that ss does not backup the kernel, while twrp and cwm do. It that true or does ss just not restore kernels? Or does ss work just like the real recoveries now with unlocked boot loader? Kind of confused.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#39 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I no we dont have to uninstall SS beforre we unlock but we do before we try and get twrp correct

#40 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I am pretty sure you do have to uninstall ss first, unless ss will also work with twrp or cwm at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users