Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#161 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hey got a question what happens if you have both files install-recovery.sh and install-recovery.cfg do I just .bat both of them and install the 1-click???

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#162 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hey got a question what happens if you have both files install-recovery.sh and install-recovery.cfg do I just .bat both of them and install the 1-click???

Don't worry about install-recovery.cfg. It's a depency file that is called out in install-recovery.sh. So long as .sh is either removed or renamed to install-recovery.sh.bak you will be ok. Or you can let the tool do it. It's up to you
  • jroc likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#163 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Where can I find procedures to install ROMs as wWidow keeps failing.
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#164 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I havent tried it yet but from what I have read you have to mount system before you flash rom.

#165 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I am confused. Can this be done on Linux or on the device itself or is this is a windows file?

Yes, it can be done with

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. (IE, from within the phone). Rename the recovery of your choice to just 'recovery' and put the recovery image on your INTERNAL SD card (you can use the external, but that makes a difference in the command though, it would need to be changed to reflect so).

Boot up terminal emulator and type

Then reboot into recovery using you're preferred method.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#166 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I havent tried it yet but from what I have read you have to mount system before you flash rom.

Tried that, must've done something wrong!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#167 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

how awesome we have twrp ;) know what will make it even better? one of my two themes from today rocking that twrp ui :D :P

• trikotret, tucstwo and vtwinbmx like this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#168 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Why does my command window lock up after the 'adb shell su' command returns: root@vanquish:/ #
Thanks.
Doug B.

#169 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

This is what I do.

1. Install TWRP/CWM according to what this thread says. Easy enough.
2. Backup apps and anything you want in the rom you have. This is basically just TiBu and make an xml backup of your messages or something.
3. Reboot to SAFESTRAP and change back over to the stock rom slot.
4. Delete all of your other rom slots (Dont know if it was necessary, but in case unistallation didnt remove them this did.)
5. My Stock Rom slot was borked so I wiped and rebooted, if yours is not, reboot and uninstall Safestrap.
6. Download the rom of your choice and put it on your sdcard
7. Reboot again to Bootloader (Power off, then hold Power+Volume UP+Volume DOWN) then navigate to recovery.
8. In TWRP recovery, go to mounts and make sure System is checked. This is critical.
9. Now go through your normal ROM flashing process. For me (came from the GNEX) I wiped, installed the rom, wiped again, rebooted and let the phone settle (No setup) Reboot and setup. And let it settle again.
10. Restore your apps/data/pr0nz
11. ??????
12. Profit!

Posted Image

#170 eogans09

eogans09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

ive installed CWM. should i be getting a splash screen or anything?

#171 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

no, shut off phone, hold vol up and power, go down with vol down to recovery, hit the vol up.

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#172 eogans09

eogans09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

no, shut off phone, hold vol up and power, go down with vol down to recovery, hit the vol up.

thanks for the less than 5 min reply lol. awesome bro thanks!
  • zooyork0721 likes this

#173 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Nope...welcome to the "real" recovery world. The reason there is no "recovery on boot" screen is because "true recoveries" run on their own kernel. So even if you manage to bork the death out of your phone you should still be able to acces it via your (power, vol -) bootloader selection menu no matter how ugly your situation is. Welcome to the unlocked world! :) Where there it is VERY hard to "hard brick" your device as no matter what, we can reflash whatever we choose. Unless you bork the bootloader partion beyond repair or some other "init" partition...it is now VERY hard to hurt these phones permanently (Warning: no one in invincible, there is now a whole new set of ways to break stuff, but the old ways that we have been accustomed to are now deprecated..."flashing wrong firmware, etc")

Not to say hard bricks can't happen, but now if you accidently flash the wrong files in fastboot, it's easy enough to reflesh the right ones as there is no prevention. And it goes eiher way as you can now definitely flash the wrong files (especially based on corruption within files) but ou should STILL be able to recover, because signature in not an issue. :)
  • jroc, Memnoch73 and zooyork0721 like this

#174 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

Don't worry about install-recovery.cfg. It's a depency file that is called out in install-recovery.sh. So long as .sh is either removed or renamed to install-recovery.sh.bak you will be ok. Or you can let the tool do it. It's up to you

Thank You sir it worked for me. Now I'm going to wait for all the goodness to start :D

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#175 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

Why does my command window lock up after the 'adb shell su' command returns: root@vanquish:/ #
Thanks.

Same question here. First time using adb for me. After I enter "adb shell su" it gives me root@vanquish:/ # but then I can't type anything. What I should I be doing?

#176 Mr_Smiggers

Mr_Smiggers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

I have a few questions. 1) do both of these recoveries backup your kernel you ? 2) which recovery do you all have? I myself prefer the feel of CWM, that reason being I don't like Touch recovery

#177 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Should install fine. I've been running White Widow on my Dev Edition for ages and it flashes without issue. However like suggest and I saw you did you do need to manually Mount /system first before flashing the ROM.

Curious tho, what recovery did you install. For me I've been using and still use Hashcodes TWRP 2.4.3 build and have not had any problems flashing a ROM on my Dev Edition and I've pretty much tried out every ROM to date at least once

#178 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Should install fine. I've been running White Widow on my Dev Edition for ages and it flashes without issue. However like suggest and I saw you did you do need to manually Mount /system first before flashing the ROM.

Curious tho, what recovery did you install. For me I've been using and still use Hashcodes TWRP 2.4.3 build and have not had any problems flashing a ROM on my Dev Edition and I've pretty much tried out every ROM to date at least once

Which version of twrp do you run on your M? And have you had any issues on that device?

#179 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Which version of twrp do you run on your M? And have you had any issues on that device?

On my M I'm still using Hashcodes/Dhackers original TWRP build from awhile ago. Think it is v2.3.2.3 if i recall correctly. About a month ago I tried the newer v2.4 listed on Goo.Im and has troubles with it so i went back to the older one. However I noticed Hashcode must have updated v2.4 recently as it is dated 4/8/13 so i'm not sure wha tthe skinny is on that build.
  • neckchop likes this

#180 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Same question here. First time using adb for me. After I enter "adb shell su" it gives me root@vanquish:/ # but then I can't type anything. What I should I be doing?

I've had this happen to me in the past too and I don't remember how I've fixed it.

Try to type abd shell the press enter. The type just su and press enter again. See what that does.
  • dvgb131 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users