Photo

BootLoaders & Root for Beginners Coming soon.. (Work In Progress!)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

This is a Work in Progress... I am NOT Responsible for any Damages to your Phone!

"The Motochopper exploit 4.1.2 If your not Rooted!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
  • Install

if you haven't already
  • If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
  • Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
  • Or To be Safe "Put phone in MTP Mode, Go into settings and check off Unkown Sources, USB Debuging, Allow Mock Locations"
  • If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat". If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute "./run.sh".
  • Don't Forget to Donate! Especially the Bounty Please ,

How to Unlock Your Bootloader
  • If you are on Safe Strap Move to your Stock Side
  • Install

If you haven't already!
  • "Put phone in MTP Mode, Go into settings and check off Unkown Sources, USB Debuging, Allow Mock Locations"
  • download and Unzip to desktop
  • Run the .bat file and Follow Instructions! A Must if you don't finish you will not be unlocked
  • If successful you should see the Bootloader unlocked msg on reboot
  • Dan's Instructions

• Download link

1. How to Unzip and Run
  • Extract files to a folder on your desktop (Screen EXAMPLE Shot Below)

• Run Using CMD.EXE (See Screen shot)

2. How to using CMD
  • Put phone in MTP Mode, Go into settings and check off Unkown Sources, USB Debuging, Allow Mock Locations
  • Open CMD.exe again (See EXAMPLE Screen shot)

You Should Get this Bootloader Warning, want to remove?
Posted Image
Solve

Note: Original Code Posted as well for Manual Removal

These Are Instructions that are being done, and they are a work in progress, the Rest Coming soon!! This should get you at least started for now. What you do until Finished is up to you, note: You May Brick your phone if you do not know what your doing from here on out!

For Rom Questions See

• trikotret, neckchop, Memnoch73 and 5 others like this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#2 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm rooted 4.1.2 unlocked and twerp installed. But I never got the warning image. Why? Is that normal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#3 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'm rooted 4.1.2 unlocked and twerp installed. But I never got the warning image. Why? Is that normal?

Yes you should have got that warning msg, unless you replaced the image.. You should have got it from power off to power on.. hmmm

Also Make sure you do backups ASAP,, Copy the backup if you need to and put it in a safe place, backups are important :)

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#4 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Ive been on Black Widow up until I unlocked BL and it changed my boot logo to the black and. White RAZR eye with the HD in it. And been that boot logo no matter what ROM was flashed. Maybe that scared away the warning logo. It is a Black Widow

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#5 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have had a similar instance as mattwheat ^^^ above, never did I receive a Bootloader Unlock Warning. Which even oddly enough, I have managed to keep the Black Widow "boot animation" well... beyond the Black Widow ROM, device starts up with Black/White Droid Eye, and I'm back on stock. Even if I would have seen the Warning would not have read it anyhow... :D

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#6 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Im in the same boat. Still get the BW boot logo no matter what ROM I install. Doesn't bother me. Wouldn't mind getting the warning just to show off. Lol

#7 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Im in the same boat. Still get the BW boot logo no matter what ROM I install. Doesn't bother me. Wouldn't mind getting the warning just to show off. Lol

You will need to flash a new splash screen or the original one. They will start to pop up with instructions soon I imagine now that you have an unlocked bootloader.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#8 RazrGreg

RazrGreg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Soo does this void insurance as well?  (asurion through verizon)   I guess if I shatter my phone (did twice with my og razr)  Ill have to claim lost phone?       Not trying to make fraudulant claims or anything.  Idk if what im saying would be illegal, fine, or dont ask dont tell.   

#9 SargeStryker

SargeStryker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD, Google Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

RazrGreg, I've been wondering that as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

#10 grady_21

grady_21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

I have had a similar instance as mattwheat ^^^ above, never did I receive a Bootloader Unlock Warning. Which even oddly enough, I have managed to keep the Black Widow "boot animation" well... beyond the Black Widow ROM, device starts up with Black/White Droid Eye, and I'm back on stock. Even if I would have seen the Warning would not have read it anyhow... :D

There's a link and a description on how to get your stock "M" back in the HD How To's:

#11 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Soo does this void insurance as well?  (asurion through verizon)   I guess if I shatter my phone (did twice with my og razr)  Ill have to claim lost phone?       Not trying to make fraudulant claims or anything.  Idk if what im saying would be illegal, fine, or dont ask dont tell.   

Insurance and warranty are 2 different things.

Warranty covers mechanical or software failure and that is paid out by Motorola; a cracked screen however, is not. Warranty is free and only lasts a year. Buying your phone second hand VOIDS your warranty. 

Insurance on the other hand is for lost/stolen/broken types of reasons.  You pay a monthly fee for insurance through a company (Asurian) that is completely separate of Motorola. 

The whole warranty void thing is more a deterrent or scare tactic (like alot of  laws in this country) than anything. Verizon or Moto have to have some kind of policy to deter people who can barely even read file a claim b/c they screwed up their phones by trying to unlock it. 

Do a search on these forums or even a mass google search to see how many people have reported being denied any kind of warranty or insurance claim. 

Ultimately, I think it really boils down to economics and efficiency. The man hours it would take to check the 100's or 1000's of phones per week/month/whatever for root/unlock would far outweigh the money saved by not honoring a warranty.

So if you crack your screen, file a claim for a cracked screen, then why would you (as an Asuian employee for example) waste your time checking for a root/unlock when it's obvious your screen is cracked. Also, did  rooting your phone cause your screen to crack? Then why should it void your insurance claim anyway?

So just dont be stupid, follow directions, and you should be fine. 

/thread hijack

#12 jman2013

jman2013

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola razr hd

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

This may be a dumb question but is there a way to unlock the bootloader without a PC?

#13 alrod2080

alrod2080

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

I HAVE A RAZR HD MAXX AND AFTER RUNNING The Motochopper exploit 4.1.2 If your not Rooted!
MY PHONE WONT BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE.  I CANT UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER B/C MY PHONE JUST GETS STUCK ON A DEAD ANDROID SYMBOL WITH A RED EXCLAMATION MARK AFTER TRYING TO BOOT IT IN RECOVERY MODE. MAYBE IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG?  ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. 

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

I HAVE A RAZR HD MAXX AND AFTER RUNNING The Motochopper exploit 4.1.2 If your not Rooted!
MY PHONE WONT BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE.  I CANT UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER B/C MY PHONE JUST GETS STUCK ON A DEAD ANDROID SYMBOL WITH A RED EXCLAMATION MARK AFTER TRYING TO BOOT IT IN RECOVERY MODE. MAYBE IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG?  ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. 

That is recovery mode. Hit both volume buttons at the same time on that screen

• neckchop likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 alrod2080

alrod2080

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

That is recovery mode. Hit both volume buttons at the same time on that screen

all i get when i do that is a dead android symbol with the red exclamation mark.  any other suggestions?

#16 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

all i get when i do that is a dead android symbol with the red exclamation mark.  any other suggestions?

Should just be a quick press of both buttons and release. That should bring up the menu. That's how it was on my OG Razr. I assume it is the same on the HD.

I also found this tip: 

• Hey guys, on JB you have to hold volume down and then tap volume up to enter recovery when you see the dead android. wink.png

• livinginkaos likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#17 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I'm curious if you had Safestrap installed?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#18 alrod2080

alrod2080

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm curious if you had Safestrap installed?

Sorry for my ignorance but im pretty new at this and im not sure what safestrap would be. Can you elaborate more? Ive read several forums and seen serveral topics on safestrap, but im clueless on what that would be.

#19 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Then that would be a no then, I am sure.  Safestrap is an APK that acts as a recovery of sorts that allows a user to install multiple roms into new "slots" on the phone without needing an unlocked bootloader.  I only asked because the dead android is indicative of an issue with your recovery and that can happen if safestrap is removed incorrectly.. 

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#20 SargeStryker

SargeStryker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD, Google Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'll ask the next obvious question...how does one fix such an issue should it occur on their phone (not saying it has on mine)?<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD<br /><br />

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users