Photo

{FXZ}{system.img} XT926 4.1.2 (9.16.9) DST (Unlocked Bootloader Required)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

well i feel like an idiot, forgot to update RSD Lite to the latest version...Fastbooted successfully and time to enjoy XT926 4.1.2 DST

cool, glad you figured it out :)
although that doesn't explain why fastboot failed...

#22 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

well i feel like an idiot, forgot to update RSD Lite to the latest version...Flashed successfully and time to enjoy XT926 4.1.2 DST

Cool beans glad to see it work.

Mhous33 Perhaps you could edit the OP to make mention of the current RSD version. For future reference. :)

#23 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Mhous33 Perhaps you could edit the OP to make mention of the current RSD version. For future reference. :)

done

#24 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Gunnerkid's fastboot most likely failed because he wasn't using the snapdragon fastboot. The one from the Android SDK won't work.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mhous33 and bdazzg1 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#25 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Gunnerkid's fastboot most likely failed because he wasn't using the snapdragon fastboot. The one from the Android SDK won't work.

I'd bet that's the issue a lot of people are having. Heck first time I flashed TWRP on this device Matt had to slap me on the head and tell me to use the correct fastboot. (ouch by the way.) I'm guessing that any fastbooting should be done only with the snapdragon fastboot from here on out?

#26 gunnerkid

gunnerkid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Your right, i had the Galaxy Nexus before this so i was using the Android SDK fastboot. Also after using this FXZ, delivery reports are now working again unlike after taking the OTA
  • Narffran likes this

#27 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

this looks like the ideal place for a shameless plug for the tbh factory adapter...

:D

It worked. I bought one :P

Sent from my "Dan" edition RAZR MAXX HD

• mhous33 likes this

#28 ndarmitage

ndarmitage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

This worked well for me and runs very smooth. Thanks OP!
Only thing I noticed is the Smartactions app wont update from the play store. Says the "Package file was not signed correctly". Just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks again!

#29 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

This worked well for me and runs very smooth. Thanks OP!
Only thing I noticed is the Smartactions app wont update from the play store. Says the "Package file was not signed correctly". Just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks again!

thanks for pointing that out! that is the one moto app that is updatable from the market, and it is originally odexed, which means it got deodexed, signed, and zipaligned, and then reodexed for the odexed build. so when you go to update it, its signature is different than what is expected. google apps are the same, but most of them are deodexed to begin with. you can either live with the outdated version, or delete it, reboot, and install from the market.
  • ndarmitage likes this

#30 ndarmitage

ndarmitage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

thanks for pointing that out! that is the one moto app that is updatable from the market, and it is originally odexed, which means it got deodexed, signed, and zipaligned, and then reodexed for the odexed build. so when you go to update it, its signature is different than what is expected. google apps are the same, but most of them are deodexed to begin with. you can either live with the outdated version, or delete it, reboot, and install from the market.

That worked perfectly. Thanks again mhous33, this Rom is sweet!
  • mhous33 likes this

#31 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

That worked perfectly. Thanks again mhous33, this Rom is sweet!

thanks, i appreciate the kind words :)

#32 Xelios

Xelios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Might be a dumb question but I didn't see it, will this delete user data? As in music, images, stuff like that? Not as in the apps and crap, thats all replaceable.

#33 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Might be a dumb question but I didn't see it, will this delete user data? As in music, images, stuff like that? Not as in the apps and crap, thats all replaceable.

it wipes userdata, which includes internal storage, but not external sdcard. changing the following line in the xml:

<step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />

to

<!--step operation="erase" partition="userdata" /-->

will prevent userdata from being wiped.

if you're flashing over a non-stock build like cm for example, not wiping userdata could cause a boot loop. if it does boot loop, just boot into recovery and wipe /data and /cache.

#34 Xelios

Xelios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Gotcha, thanks for that. Desperately needed this since I (very stupidly) didnt backup my stock setup and when I flashed CM over it, it just refused to run. Thanks a bunch for the quick answer too.

#35 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

i knew i was gonna mess up lol...I don't know what i could have done wrong i'm using RSD Lite 6.1.4, Moto Drivers 5.0.9 and the .xml on the OP but i get a FAIL to flash, at what point do i click on the snapdragon fastboot or Binaries?? and how do i use that file?

#36 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

i knew i was gonna mess up lol...I don't know what i could have done wrong i'm using RSD Lite 6.1.4, Moto Drivers 5.0.9 and the .xml on the OP but i get a FAIL to flash, at what point do i click on the snapdragon fastboot or Binaries?? and how do i use that file?

As i said in the op, you can use rsdlite or fastboot.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're not familiar with command line utilities, so i recommend you use rsdlite.
Please search the general and or how to section for instructions; they're there, i just checked.

#37 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm using RSD Lite and i'm getting a Failed to switch to fastmode

#38 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'm using RSD Lite and i'm getting a Failed to switch to fastmode

At what point does the flash fail? If you're not sure, try again and take note.
Just to be sure, your bootloader is unlocked, right?

#39 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

At what point does the flash fail? If you're not sure, try again and take note.
Just to be sure, your bootloader is unlocked, right?

Yes my boot loader is unlocked i just replace stock recovery with TWRP

#40 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

There... the snapdragon fastboot.exe when does it need to be used or executed? I did it before loading the .xml and after loading the .xml in rsd lite, and with/o executing it

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users