Photo

{FXZ}{system.img} XT926 4.1.2 (9.16.9) DST (Unlocked Bootloader Required)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Now my phone won't boot normal, after atempting to flash which fails every time, i have to hold power and volume down to reboot and as soon as the screen goes off i press both volume buttons and power and it boots to stock recovery after a couple of seconds which is a really good thing, but if i reboot it goes straight to fastboot mode??

#42 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

thanks for pointing that out! that is the one moto app that is updatable from the market, and it is originally odexed, which means it got deodexed, signed, and zipaligned, and then reodexed for the odexed build. so when you go to update it, its signature is different than what is expected. google apps are the same, but most of them are deodexed to begin with. you can either live with the outdated version, or delete it, reboot, and install from the market.

I deleted SmartActions through TiBU, rebooted and I still get an error when attempting to install the latest. Ideas?

I have otherwise been running the DST flawlessly. Great work!

PS For now I have Tasker installed. Seems to be more powerful and more stable than SmartActions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#43 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

There... the snapdragon fastboot.exe when does it need to be used or executed? I did it before loading the .xml and after loading the .xml in rsd lite, and with/o executing it

are you for real? you didn't answer my question, "at what point does the flash fail?" you're trying to flash the ics fxz and it's failing on gpt_main0.bin.

#44 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I deleted SmartActions through TiBU, rebooted and I still get an error when attempting to install the latest. Ideas?

I have otherwise been running the DST flawlessly. Great work!

PS For now I have Tasker installed. Seems to be more powerful and more stable than SmartActions.

i'm guessing that tibu deleted just the apk. make sure the odex isn't still there, reboot, and try again. yeah i use tasker also, much better than smartactions.

#45 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

are you for real? you didn't answer my question, "at what point does the flash fail?" you're trying to flash the ics fxz and it's failing on gpt_main0.bin.

i posted those pictures and it shows right there @ what point it stops

#46 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Curious why are you trying to flash ICS back to the device using RSD Lite from the screen shot posted above?

FYI I've had probs in the past with RSD Lite as well its a picky program at times. That said take the XML you are trying to flash and put a copi directly in the the RSD LITE folder where you installed it.. Then put the device in AP mode, fire up RSD Lite and hook the device up. Once it is found by the program then select the XML file but make sure you grab the copy for the RSD Lite folder NOT somewhere else on the comp
  • razzrmaxx likes this

#47 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

well the good news is that it looks like you have the moto drivers and rsdlite installed properly.
the bad news is that you're flashing the wrong fxz. i wouldn't think this needs to be spelled out, but you want to flash the fxz i posted in the op...

Attached Files

• razzrmaxx likes this

#48 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

i'm guessing that tibu deleted just the apk. make sure the odex isn't still there, reboot, and try again. yeah i use tasker also, much better than smartactions.

That was it. Still using Tasker though. Figured this info would still be good for SA users. Thanks for your help and work!

#49 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

well the good news is that it looks like you have the moto drivers and rsdlite installed properly.
the bad news is that you're flashing the wrong fxz. i wouldn't think this needs to be spelled out, but you want to flash the fxz i posted in the op...

thats exactly what i thought it needed to be flashed lol
  • mhous33 likes this

#50 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Curious why are you trying to flash ICS back to the device using RSD Lite from the screen shot posted above?

FYI I've had probs in the past with RSD Lite as well its a picky program at times. That said take the XML you are trying to flash and put a copi directly in the the RSD LITE folder where you installed it.. Then put the device in AP mode, fire up RSD Lite and hook the device up. Once it is found by the program then select the XML file but make sure you grab the copy for the RSD Lite folder NOT somewhere else on the comp

thank you. Ill try that 2nite

#51 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

thats exactly what i thought it needed to be flashed lol

Thanks for being a good sport. I really don't mean to be a jerk, but it comes so naturally :P

Seriously though, if you're going to be messing with this level of device modding, you have to pay attention to detail.

#52 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

ok man i really want to flash the fxz from rsd lite, so im bootloader unlocked, i got rid of the fastboot flash fail booting by flashing the TWRP recovery again. So if anyone could post the step by step instructions on what to flash 1st and how that would be really appreciated, i have the 6.1.4 rsd lite, 5.0.9 moto drivers... what is the right FXZ file i need to flash from rsd? And what is the snapdragon fastboot.exe for or after what step do i need it for?

#53 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

ok man i really want to flash the fxz from rsd lite, so im bootloader unlocked, i got rid of the fastboot flash fail booting by flashing the TWRP recovery again. So if anyone could post the step by step instructions on what to flash 1st and how that would be really appreciated, i have the 6.1.4 rsd lite, 5.0.9 moto drivers... what is the right FXZ file i need to flash from rsd? And what is the snapdragon fastboot.exe for or after what step do i need it for?

i'll give you a hint: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Narffran, TjNaps27 and GillRigged like this

#54 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

i'll give you a hint: 

Man ur the best help i ever got from this forum, thank you!

#55 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

i'll give you a hint: 

Man ur the best help i ever got from this forum, thank you!

If you're being sincere, you're welcome. If you're being sarcastic, you need to realize that if you want to learn these things, you have to be willing to search for answers. When people spoon feed you consistently, you have no incentive to learn.
  • trikotret and Memnoch73 like this

#56 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

If you're being sincere, you're welcome. If you're being sarcastic, you need to realize that if you want to learn these things, you have to be willing to search for answers. When people spoon feed you consistently, you have no incentive to learn.

It may sound a bit harsh. But he's Right.
I've only recently started posted on this forum, and Ive basically read almost ever post of every thread about the HD and just about in every post is the same questions that were answered in prior threads. Not to mention the same questions in the same thread. Definitely read. All the answers regarding our new unlocked boot loader are out there 10 times over. Just gotta look for them.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
  • mhous33, Narffran, neckchop and 1 other like this

#57 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

It may sound a bit harsh. But he's Right.
I've only recently started posted on this forum, and Ive basically read almost ever post of every thread about the HD and just about in every post is the same questions that were answered in prior threads. Not to mention the same questions in the same thread. Definitely read. All the answers regarding our new unlocked boot loader are out there 10 times over. Just gotta look for them.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

This is a great attitude to have, we all appreciate it and it's really all we ask.

I have no problem helping people out of a tough situation but it's 10 times easier if they have read up and understand what you are telling them. And I agree most of the answers you are looking for are here somewhere.

@mhous33 I appreciate that you live on your threads and respond to people quickly and point them in the right direction.  :)

• mhous33 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#58 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Damn, i have been flashing since Droid 1, had droid 2 and droid 2 global, OG Razr maxx, rooted and flashed back 2 samsung galaxys, bunch of HTC's... the person that juust started posting and flashing on the razr maxx hd and everything went well i give u props! The other person saying thats the right attitude (kiss rear end-teachers pet trained)... all im asking here is please... step by step instructions for me! And/or people that probabbly need them too... but if yall wanna crucify me for asking such a favor just to flash this Rom/xml...which i considered worth the try, throw the 1st rock!

#59 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

And just for your info i've been running this rom installed from TWRP RECOVERY for a while, i just had failures flashing from rsd lite, thats all im trying to figure out but your clowning is confusing my desire

#60 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

I've been stating that im using the latest of the latest but it fails to flash now i've been reading up on some xml you have to delete some getvar lines, is that the case here too? I keep getting a failed to connect to fastboot mode from rsd lite when flashing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users