#101 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

The 23rd is BS... The soak would have been this weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I believe that is when they are gonna start the soak

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#102 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Well it seems that maybe XDA was just trying to look good for the Moto mods. My ban has been lifted 5 days early lol.

How did you get your account banned? I used to use that site a lot but not now. They changed rules some I noticed. This site is more up to date I say. Xda is a good reference site.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#103 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

How did you get your account banned? I used to use that site a lot but not now. They changed rules some I noticed. This site is more up to date I say. Xda is a good reference site.

When the soak test was going on for .181, I was part of it but was also posting all the stuff on XDA about it. When you sign up for a soak test you have to agree to a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) saying that you will not talk about the soak test outside of the private motorola forums. Apparently someone else that was part of the soak test, saw my posts on XDA, told the admins of the private moto forums, who in turn told the admins at XDA to ban me. I was banned for about 2 or 3 days.

#104 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Oooo. I love to try a soak test. How do you go about it?

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#105 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Oooo. I love to try a soak test. How do you go about it?

Install the 204 leak :lol:

Only kidding ^_^

#106 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

The 23rd is BS... The soak would have been this weekend.

Second that...

Based on the OTA schedule that has been floating around I expected a soak test invite at the start of the week but when nothing showed by Tuesday I knew it wasn't happening this week.
Maybe plane come Tuesday... don't know

#107 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Will someone post it so everyone can test? What does motorola do if your phone bricks or badly glitches and your phone a nice paper weight?

#108 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Second that...

Based on the OTA schedule that has been floating around I expected a soak test invite at the start of the week but when nothing showed by Tuesday I knew it wasn't happening this week.

Again, maybe the soak is gonna start on the 23rd and they had to switch the dates. Guys the original update they were gonna push was .79 but then they probably were tired of devs and made a way that no one could go back to gb after this new update so they started moving on toward 4.0.4. Idk I just know that the file size shown in the official moto update thing is 341 and we have CLEARLY passed that file size already, lol. So my theory is indeed beginning of June soak will start and then mid June will be pushed.

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#109 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Will someone post it so everyone can test? What does motorola do if your phone bricks or badly glitches and your phone a nice paper weight?

Where have you been, lol.

#110 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Second that...

Considering that the latest leaks finally show webtop out of beta, and they had build dates of May 13th, we won't see any ota until mid June.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
  • etrorteepe likes this

#111 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Soak is just a OTA disaster check of what Moto thinks is a ready-to-go release, and is planned to precede the general OTA update by only a few days, not weeks.
  • etrorteepe likes this

#112 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Is that speculation on 79 being official ota?

I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#113 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yep. 181 soaked on Thursday and pushed on Tuesday?

I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#114 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yep. 181 soaked on Thursday and pushed on Tuesday?

Sounds about right... I opted out of the soak in 181 because I was going to be away with questionable service and I would not be able to devote time to evaluation plus I was already on .75 so I didn't want to go back to GB. I let Moto know that I was willing to opt back in for future updates so if/when I get the e-mail I'll fastboot back to 171? amd take the 181 update OTA just to be sure everything is OK then take the soak.

#115 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

How can I get on this soak list?

#116 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

How can I get on this soak list?

Just Google "Motorola feedback network" and that should do it :)

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#117 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Soaks aren't beta testing. The ROM has already been thoroughly tested. The soak is mainly about verifying that the OTAs are pushing properly. It would take a major kerfluffle for the mass push not to follow very closely to the soak. In fact, the "soak" goes out to around 20,000 it's just that they only take feedback from the select few that are officially invited to the soak test.

#118 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Soaks aren't beta testing. The ROM has already been thoroughly tested. The soak is mainly about verifying that the OTAs are pushing properly. It would take a major kerfluffle for the mass push not to follow very closely to the soak. In fact, the "soak" goes out to around 20,000 it's just that they only take feedback from the select few that are officially invited to the soak test.

There are few things I fear more than a major kerfuffle.... o_0

lol but yes you're right, they make it clear in the soak that it is NOT beta software. It's final software and they just test the push and the install. That's about it.

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users