Photo

Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart!

charge battery recovery

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

mine gives me this error:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0x004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

EDIT: I did everything you said to do.

I have this exact same problem and have no idea what to do or if it's charging or not! Doesn't seem like it.
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#22 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

<br />I have this exact same problem and have no idea what to do or if it's charging or not! Doesn't seem like it.

<br /><br />It means you can't fastboot or anything because your battery is too low. You need to use a factory cable or find my method on here to charge without a factory cable. I'm not home so I can't link to it but it's in the General section somewhere.<br /><br />Or try the method in the OP. It might even take more than 1 try to get it to start charging.

If none of those methods work then you probably have a corrupt system image and you'll need to buy a factory cable or make one.

<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br />

#23 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

I have this exact same problem and have no idea what to do or if it's charging or not! Doesn't seem like it.

Have you tried using a factory cable?

Out of curiosity, what happened right before you got to this point?

#24 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Have you tried using a factory cable?

Out of curiosity, what happened right before you got to this point?

I don't have a factory cable and no extra money to get one. I do have two friends that are handy with the innards of electronics and one of them has a dad with A LOT of tools, so I may have them take the phone apart when I find the directions on here about doing that.

I was on the leak, then I tried to use Matt's Utility (Version 1.51) to go back to 173. Unfortunately even though it supposedly worked, the phone just would not get by the Dual Boot screen, it kept rebooting to CWM for some reason. Every time I would hit restart in CWM it would either get stuck on Dual Boot and I would have to "Three finger boot loop salute" (copyright superstargoddess :P) etc etc.

So then I tried to run it through RSD Lite and it failed and gave me that crap screen. As of right now, I am sitting here with the phone hooked up to my netbook that I am currently on, and it has the regular low battery screen for once, without all of that extra jazz that I quoted in the previous post I made.

I am wondering if I can just let it sit here like this and let the battery run dead then charge it up from dead after that. I believe that I had it turned off when I was asleep yesterday, and had it hooked up to the electrical outlet with the charger, but it apparently didn't charge. I tried the stuff in the first post and it didn't work, even though I tried several times as suggested, I don't think that it's going to work for me.

I'm not a complete noob at restoring either, I've been on the leak like 3 times and restored it back without a problem. Been on countless other roms countless other times and have restored them back through Matt's Utility or RSD. Mostly through RSD since I have found that Matt's Utility can be a little bit beotchy sometimes on various things. (Been using it since it first came out and it's a great utility and I appreciate it, but it does have it's quirks sometimes!)

On top of that, I was just diagnosed with Inherited Osteoarthritis the other day, which explains why I've been feeling like $#!+ for I don't know how long. Though the added aggravation (and some relief of finally knowing what's wrong) of that really doesn't help me when it comes to having the patience and clear head to deal with something as delicate as this phone situation is at this point. I've "borked it up" before and had to restore it, but this time it seems like it's actually really borked and not just the typical "Oh I'll just hook it up to the netbook and RSD it when I get home" type of borked.

Edit: I should be getting a credit card soon and may be able to get one of those cables. Is there anywhere to get something like that in person instead of getting it from TeamBlackHat's site? I'd rather drive to somewhere like Microcenter in Columbus (Ohio) (It's far, 100 miles, but I don't care) and be able to get it right away instead of waiting.

Luckily, I still have my Dinc2 on my Verizon account as my secondary, so I can have them switch it back over to the main again today. So I won't totally be out of a phone or anything, just going to be on a slower phone. :P
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#25 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

I don't have a factory cable and no extra money to get one. I do have two friends that are handy with the innards of electronics and one of them has a dad with A LOT of tools, so I may have them take the phone apart when I find the directions on here about doing that.

I was on the leak, then I tried to use Matt's Utility (Version 1.51) to go back to 173. Unfortunately even though it supposedly worked, the phone just would not get by the Dual Boot screen, it kept rebooting to CWM for some reason. Every time I would hit restart in CWM it would either get stuck on Dual Boot and I would have to "Three finger boot loop salute" (copyright superstargoddess :P) etc etc.

So then I tried to run it through RSD Lite and it failed and gave me that crap screen. As of right now, I am sitting here with the phone hooked up to my netbook that I am currently on, and it has the regular low battery screen for once, without all of that extra jazz that I quoted in the previous post I made.

I am wondering if I can just let it sit here like this and let the battery run dead then charge it up from dead after that. I believe that I had it turned off when I was asleep yesterday, and had it hooked up to the electrical outlet with the charger, but it apparently didn't charge. I tried the stuff in the first post and it didn't work, even though I tried several times as suggested, I don't think that it's going to work for me.

I'm not a complete noob at restoring either, I've been on the leak like 3 times and restored it back without a problem. Been on countless other roms countless other times and have restored them back through Matt's Utility or RSD. Mostly through RSD since I have found that Matt's Utility can be a little bit beotchy sometimes on various things. (Been using it since it first came out and it's a great utility and I appreciate it, but it does have it's quirks sometimes!)

On top of that, I was just diagnosed with Inherited Osteoarthritis the other day, which explains why I've been feeling like $#!+ for I don't know how long. Though the added aggravation (and some relief of finally knowing what's wrong) of that really doesn't help me when it comes to having the patience and clear head to deal with something as delicate as this phone situation is at this point. I've "borked it up" before and had to restore it, but this time it seems like it's actually really borked and not just the typical "Oh I'll just hook it up to the netbook and RSD it when I get home" type of borked.

Edit: I should be getting a credit card soon and may be able to get one of those cables. Is there anywhere to get something like that in person instead of getting it from TeamBlackHat's site? I'd rather drive to somewhere like Microcenter in Columbus (Ohio) (It's far, 100 miles, but I don't care) and be able to get it right away instead of waiting.

Luckily, I still have my Dinc2 on my Verizon account as my secondary, so I can have them switch it back over to the main again today. So I won't totally be out of a phone or anything, just going to be on a slower phone. :P

Another option would be to have one of your friends build you the factory cable. I saw a post either on here or DroidHive on instructions.

My phone has been doing strange stuff as well. I flashed the lastest version of BlackWidowICS for $#!+s and giggles and it would only boot into CWM. I restored AXI0M but it did the same thing. I hit Vol - and Power and it finally booted.

I think the phone needs a full wipe of everything including the internal SDCARD. Then I'll start over.

I've noticed that with the RAZR, a typical flash of something can have bizarre results. I've bootlooped after repeating previous successful steps of flashing a rom. I've also lost the radio (red circle with slash thru it) and it took several attempts of fastbooting to get it back. This phone seems a bit temperamental. Maybe it's the locked bootloader. I flashed like crazy on my Epic 4G and never had these types of problems.

Rather than let the phone's battery die, I would try to get it to power down until you get your cable.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but at least you know what's going on and what to do next to feel better.

#26 mbh87

mbh87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

This saved my butt last night. Forgot I didnt have the fastboot files with me at work and my phone kept looping so I did as the OP instructed to keep my phone from dying.

#27 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Just powering down normal from ap fastboot let sit for a min then plugd n to wall worked for me. Notification light just flashed once after plugged it in was the only sign anything is happened but just leave it for thirty min. Has worked on different occasions for me.
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#28 sparkie

sparkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Here's a link on makeing a factory cable.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've made my own but haven't tried it yet. I've been waiting for someone to give me confirmation that I did it right but have not had any responses yet. I can post pictures of the cable and the question I have if any one wants to help.

#29 ninjaknomes

ninjaknomes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

it works thank god

#30 Spirotot

Spirotot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:Spirotot

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

mine gives me this error:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0x004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

EDIT: I did everything you said to do.

Did you ever end up having any luck getting your phone unbricked..?

Also, in reference to the OP, how long does that Moto logo stay on the screen before the charging screen turns on..? :/

#31 wojtalsd

wojtalsd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

It really does work! Thanks OP!

#32 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

my phone just stays stuck at the moto logo any awnser on what i could do now thanks in advance

#33 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

I did this by accident a few months back. Guess i should of said something in a forum but didn't think i did something special cause i had safestrap installed and uninstalled it through recovery cause that's where bp tools would take me to. After i deleted bp tools then took me to the charging battery icon.

#34 nordman23

nordman23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown)

while holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger

scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +

the phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges

wait awhile for it to charge up and then you can fastboot to fix your borked rom install!

ya for charging!

I think this needs to be stickied now!

this isnt working for me is there any other solutions

#35 mindstream98

mindstream98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi,

I'm new to Droid Razr's and I have a Maxx that is doing this. I tried the (volume +/-, then plug in) option and phone has stayed on Motorola screen for a few hours. No go on the charging screen. Not sure if the Maxx I got has other issues. I've used a motorola usb/wall adapter and a Motorola MicroUSB from a Droid X dock that is supposed to be a faster charger.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Victor

#36 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

This happened to me and the fix in the OP will not work if you have wiped the firmware that charges the battery. Building a factory cable was easy and i had never soldered before... Good luck!
Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#37 mindstream98

mindstream98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

I've tried following the different cable designs on the web to make your own. Not sure if there is a clear easy way to create one?

Thanks,
Victor V

#38 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

I've tried this and it doesn't work. The wierd thing is i haven't flashed anyting! I also rebooted the phone several times and it hasn't said this. But then it died and now it doesn't wanna work anymore. -_- god i miss my ReZound right about now..

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#39 mindstream98

mindstream98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ok, finally built the Motorola Factory Cable..only took me 4 Micro USB cables. The Amazon Kindle one finally took, It was easier to just scrape off the two lead areas that needed the wire cross over.

Also, just received a Motorola Factory Cable ordered from Ebay and it has a Blackberry Logo. Wondering if Blackberry Micro USB cables are already pinned to work this way? I'll have to order one and see.

#40 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm not a complete noob at restoring either, I've been on the leak like 3 times and restored it back without a problem. Been on countless other roms countless other times and have restored them back through Matt's Utility or RSD. Mostly through RSD since I have found that Matt's Utility can be a little bit woofy sometimes on various things. (Been using it since it first came out and it's a great utility and I appreciate it, but it does have it's quirks sometimes!)

On top of that, I was just diagnosed with Inherited Osteoarthritis the other day, which explains why I've been feeling like $!#7 for I don't know how long. Though the added aggravation (and some relief of finally knowing what's wrong) of that really doesn't help me when it comes to having the patience and clear head to deal with something as delicate as this phone situation is at this point. I've "borked it up" before and had to restore it, but this time it seems like it's actually really borked and not just the typical "Oh I'll just hook it up to the netbook and RSD it when I get home" type of borked.

Not sure what version of the leak you were on, but if you were on anything .8x or higher, there's no way to flash back to GB.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charge battery, recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users