Photo

Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart!

charge battery recovery

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

I have this exact same problem and have no idea what to do or if it's charging or not! Doesn't seem like it.

For those of you that have tried to use the DroidRazrUtility and were unable to flash everything because of low battery, try this. This will work no matter what the condition of your phone as long as you can boot into AP Fastboot mode

I had this same issue. There is a long process to fix this. First you need to download the correct DRU if you have gingerbread 1.7 if you have ICS 1.8
1. Extract that zip file and open the location that you extracted it to
2. Open the DroidRazrUtility folder and hold shift+right click and select open command window here
3. Now leave that window on the side and go back to your explorer window and right click the DroidRazrUtility.bat file and say edit. It should open a notepad with a bunch of commands
4. Scroll down the notepad window until you see the first "moto-fastboot" command. This is where the command window comes into play. Type in this first command line and DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET
5. Up until now your phone should be plugged into a wall, make sure that it boots into AP fastboot and it says "Battery ok"
6. Without turning off the phone, quickly plug it into your computer and press enter in the command prompt window.
7. It will say that it is sending a file. Once it is done type the next line from the notepad document. This will reboot your phone and say that the battery is low. Unplug your phone from the computer and back into the wall, now reboot into AP Fastboot again and make sure your phone says "battery ok"
8. In the command window type the line after the echo command, it should start with "moto-fastboot"
9. Continue sending commands until your phone does a reboot and says "battery low". When this happens plug your phone back into the wall and reboot into AP Fastboot
10. Keep going through this process, stopping occasionally to plug your phone back into the wall and rebooting (you don't want your phone to die during this process or it could become completely bricked) and then plugging it back into the computer and running commands until you get to the "echo. you are now on..."
11. Once you have completed all of the moto-fastboot commands you should be able to boot your phone into normal mode

If anybody has any questions feel free to reply to this and i will try to get back to you. I will keep tabs on this thread throughout the day.

I'll include the commands for the ICS RazrUtility;

moto-fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin

moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader

unplug from computer and into wall - reboot into AP FAstboot
Plug back into computer without turning off

moto-fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin

moto-fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin

moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin

moto-fastboot flash system system.img

moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img

moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img

moto-fastboot flash webtop webtop.img

moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img

moto-fastboot -w

Reboot phone into normal mode and it should boot up
  • jandrosh likes this

#42 ITSBRYANN

ITSBRYANN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:itsbryandude
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Does anyone want to help me?? My phone won 't turn on...

EDIT: I already ordered a new phone, FYI this does not work if you have tried to flash a different system.img (like 4.0.3 china retail fastboot, lol)

you have tried hard reset right? cant boot into recovery?
rooted RAZR runnin HDish black widow Jellybean

#43 Rycix

Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

What can I show you as conformation? I just did this myself to fix my phone. I guess I could say just try it yourself. It should work like this even if you haven't messed up your phone.

I have seen this method before, and people have said that it only works if /system is still intact to some degree, but some have reported it working without /system intact. I'd say it's worth a shot to try this method, but it's not guaranteed that it'll work.
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#44 gtpike07

gtpike07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:gtpike07

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wow! This is a lifesaver! I used it on my bionic after i was mid fxz and got stuck in apfastboot cuz i didn't check my battery level. I am on vacation and don't have my little cable to hotwire the phone. This way is sooooo much safer in either case. Thanks for this!! :D :D

#45 jburchii

jburchii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

if your phone is bricked, or dead, or both ... it is off....I had this happen to me and jut plugged it in via the wall for about an hour and a half and it charged to over 50%. Just curious - if your phone is dead (but the battery is not bad) why would it not charge simply by just plugging it in the wall? Is there something that prevent the battery from taking a charge when the phone is off?

#46 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

if your phone is bricked, or dead, or both ... it is off....I had this happen to me and jut plugged it in via the wall for about an hour and a half and it charged to over 50%. Just curious - if your phone is dead (but the battery is not bad) why would it not charge simply by just plugging it in the wall? Is there something that prevent the battery from taking a charge when the phone is off?

If your phone is really bricked, the software required to charge your phone is corrupted. The cables that came with your phone require certain drivers, if you will, on your phone in order to charge it. If those are corrupted the only way to really charge it is with motorola's factory cable that costs about $40 and are hard to find. Apparently your phone wasn't really bricked.

#47 acroyle

acroyle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:Acroyle
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I tried this and it just goes back to the fastboot page

#48 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I tried this and it just goes back to the fastboot page

You went through all of my steps? unplugging and plugging it back in? If you follow my steps exactly it will work, unless your phone actually dies during flashing and won't even turn on. Read my steps carefully and follow them exactly and it will work

#49 acroyle

acroyle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:Acroyle
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

You went through all of my steps? unplugging and plugging it back in? If you follow my steps exactly it will work, unless your phone actually dies during flashing and won't even turn on. Read my steps carefully and follow them exactly and it will work

sorry I didn't try your method, I was trying to use the jellybean unbrick utility when I got the low battery message. Now I am stuck. will your method still help me?

#50 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

If your phone is really bricked, the software required to charge your phone is corrupted. The cables that came with your phone require certain drivers, if you will, on your phone in order to charge it. If those are corrupted the only way to really charge it is with motorola's factory cable that costs about $40 and are hard to find. Apparently your phone wasn't really bricked.

moto factory cable will not charge your phone,it will only bypass your battery and allow you to operate your phone

#51 bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown)

while holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger

scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +

the phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges

wait awhile for it to charge up and then you can fastboot to fix your borked rom install!

ya for charging!

I think this needs to be stickied now!

There's no battery image filling up with a broken rom....

#52 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown)

while holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger

scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +

the phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges

wait awhile for it to charge up and then you can fastboot to fix your borked rom install!

ya for charging!

I think this needs to be stickied now!

This will only work if your system isn't borked up enough. My phone was so bricked that I couldn't access the bp tools. If you read my write up, that will work if your system is so screwed up that you can't access anything except fastboot

#53 bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

This will only work if your system isn't borked up enough. My phone was so bricked that I couldn't access the bp tools. If you read my write up, that will work if your system is so screwed up that you can't access anything except fastboot

link?

#54 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

link?

Scroll up 12 posts and you'll see it. it is a long write up but goes step by step

#55 bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Scroll up 12 posts and you'll see it. it is a long write up but goes step by step

i'm getting stuck on low battery. when it says ok, i plug it into the computer and try to run the program but as soon as i do it the battery goes back to low....nothing but fails.

#56 bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

i'm getting stuck on low battery. when it says ok, i plug it into the computer and try to run the program but as soon as i do it the battery goes back to low....nothing but fails.

update: nothing worked, so i rebooted the phone over and over again manually and the OS booted one for a second and shut down. did it again and the OS booted all the way.

#57 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

update: nothing worked, so i rebooted the phone over and over again manually and the OS booted one for a second and shut down. did it again and the OS booted all the way.

Did you follow these instructions exactly?

For those of you that have tried to use the DroidRazrUtility and were unable to flash everything because of low battery, try this. This will work no matter what the condition of your phone as long as you can boot into AP Fastboot mode

I had this same issue. There is a long process to fix this. First you need to download the correct DRU if you have gingerbread 1.7 if you have ICS 1.8
1. Extract that zip file and open the location that you extracted it to
2. Open the DroidRazrUtility folder and hold shift+right click and select open command window here
3. Now leave that window on the side and go back to your explorer window and right click the DroidRazrUtility.bat file and say edit. It should open a notepad with a bunch of commands
4. Scroll down the notepad window until you see the first "moto-fastboot" command. This is where the command window comes into play. Type in this first command line and DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET
5. Up until now your phone should be plugged into a wall, make sure that it boots into AP fastboot and it says "Battery ok"
6. Without turning off the phone, quickly plug it into your computer and press enter in the command prompt window.
7. It will say that it is sending a file. Once it is done type the next line from the notepad document. This will reboot your phone and say that the battery is low. Unplug your phone from the computer and back into the wall, now reboot into AP Fastboot again and make sure your phone says "battery ok"
8. In the command window type the line after the echo command, it should start with "moto-fastboot"
9. Continue sending commands until your phone does a reboot and says "battery low". When this happens plug your phone back into the wall and reboot into AP Fastboot
10. Keep going through this process, stopping occasionally to plug your phone back into the wall and rebooting (you don't want your phone to die during this process or it could become completely bricked) and then plugging it back into the computer and running commands until you get to the "echo. you are now on..."
11. Once you have completed all of the moto-fastboot commands you should be able to boot your phone into normal mode

If anybody has any questions feel free to reply to this and i will try to get back to you. I will keep tabs on this thread throughout the day.

I'll include the commands for the ICS RazrUtility;

moto-fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin

moto-fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin

moto-fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin

moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin

moto-fastboot flash system system.img

moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img

moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img

moto-fastboot flash webtop webtop.img

moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img

moto-fastboot -w

Reboot phone into normal mode and it should boot up

#58 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Sorry, i thought you were saying it didn't work ha ha. Glad it booted up for you

#59 hecksagon

hecksagon

Was a newb once...

• Superuser
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 3

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

This method just sounds like more trouble than its worth. You aren't actually charging the battery, you are just tricking the bootloader into thinking the battery has a charge. Many people are going to start programming assuming the best and it's going to fail when the battery actually dies completely. Then they will just have to buy a factory cable like they should have in the first place. If you don't want to buy a factory cable you probably shouldn't be installing roms on your phone.

#60 ntborup

ntborup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

This method just sounds like more trouble than its worth. You aren't actually charging the battery, you are just tricking the bootloader into thinking the battery has a charge. Many people are going to start programming assuming the best and it's going to fail when the battery actually dies completely. Then they will just have to buy a factory cable like they should have in the first place. If you don't want to buy a factory cable you probably shouldn't be installing roms on your phone.

I never said its not risky, but then again its worth a try before you go out and spend $40 on a cable when you could have fixed it just fine without. Obviously if your battery is too low this is going to fail, but its worth at least trying before it completely dies, and if it does die, then buy a factory cable

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charge battery, recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users