137 replies to this topic

#1 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

THE ICS CHEESECAKE LEAK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ITS BEEN PULLED FROM THE SERVER BY MOTOROLA.

OK since a lot of people decided that the file being pulled until all the bugs were address didn't apply to them, and went ahead and found the leak elsewhere, ignoring the constant warnings that it is extremely dangerous to do so, we are posting this thread to help anyone who needs to get back to 6.12.173.

Here are the fastboot files needed to return to .744:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And here is a good thread with step-by-step instructions on how to use the fastboot files above and RSD to return to stock:

A couple things to remember:
- Make sure you have at least 70% battery left!
- DO NOT use Matt's utility, it will not work.
- Make sure you have at least 70% battery left!
And last but not least:
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 70% BATTERY LEFT!!!!

And here's a thread on how to charge your battery if you tried to use RSD on a low battery anyways:

Rest of post in progress...

Edited by VantenKiest, 03 April 2012 - 04:38 PM.
no longer available :D

• 329, mal_eskrito and Sinster like this

:-D :-D

#2 mal_eskrito

mal_eskrito

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Lets Just hope People can follow these simple instructions......since they are so desperate to try Moto ICS leak.

Posted Image

#3 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Where do i find the stock fastboot files?

J/K. Part of the flashing game is knowing how to restore a f'd up phone. More thought should have gone into the original leak post. What a frenzy.

Btw...no one was desperate to do anything. Crack flashers will flash. That's why we're here. Don't judge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
  • eckdawg5, mindrazr and Giblet535 like this

#4 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

The directions are pretty self-explanatory. I'd be surprised (well, maybe not) if someone was unable to follow them. I had my first experience with RSD on the Razr tonight when I went back to 6.12.173 from Gummy ICS in preparation for the ICS OTA being pushed soon. It was painless and only took about 15 minutes or so. I didn't really expect it to be difficult though since I used it numerous times on my Droid X.

#5 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Nobody's phones are messed up beyond repair that actually followed directions. I've been on ICS since forever and I'm not having any issues, worked first time I flashed too. :I

#6 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Where do i find the stock fastboot files?

J/K. Part of the flashing game is knowing how to restore a f'd up phone. More thought should have gone into the original leak post. What a frenzy.

Btw...no one was desperate to do anything. Crack flashers will flash. That's why we're here. Don't judge.

The only thing that was slightly annoying was watching all the crack flashers continue to flash after the files were pulled and numerous warnings posted. Heck, chat blew up with people trying to figure out how to correct the mess they made. The general rule of thumb is if files are pulled, there's a pretty good reason why.

I love running the latest and greatest as much as anyone else, but common sense is needed. Plus, it's really easy to get thrown off the update path if you're not careful. I think the original post was handled fine. After problems were recognized, the files were pulled. The blame shouldn't be attributed to that.
  • jroc likes this

#7 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

The only thing that was slightly annoying was watching all the crack flashers continue to flash after the files were pulled and numerous warnings posted. Heck, chat blew up with people trying to figure out how to correct the mess they made. The general rule of thumb is if files are pulled, there's a pretty good reason why.

I love running the latest and greatest as much as anyone else, but common sense is needed. Plus, it's really easy to get thrown off the update path if you're not careful. I think the original post was handled fine. After problems were recognized, the files were pulled. The blame shouldn't be attributed to that.

Seriously, who wants to be on the "official" upgrade path. If we're on these forums, we want custom roms, not stock. Right? I installed out of curiosity but as soon as the official ota is out, better roms will follow and that's what i, and everyone else here wants

#8 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

And LOL at people getting stuck at "communicating with servers" and thinking they're bricked. Just skip setup. Try wiping if you need to

#9 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Seriously, who wants to be on the "official" upgrade path. If we're on these forums, we want custom roms, not stock. Right? I installed our of curiosity but as soon as the official ota is out, better roms will follow and that's what i, and everyone else here wants

The leak is stock... There's already ICS on the Razr if you don't take into account the updated kernel/radio that the OTA brings to the table. Using your logic, I really don't see the point in flashing a leaked stock ROM that will be most likely pushed out later this week as an official OTA, especially if there are no custom ROMs based on this update at this point.

Personally, I'm fine with Gummy 0.9 or 0.95 for now until the official OTA is pushed. I'm not a fan of messing with Cheesecake, and I wouldn't be surprised if Moto eventually catches on that there's an unusually high level of load on their servers. If they decided to do something about it, that would have negative implications for anyone that actually shares leaks with the community. I'm curious too, but I have the patience to wait a few days.
  • mk4y likes this

#10 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

what's wrong w/Matt's util to get back to 173 in preparation to get ICS update?
Is itmissing something?

Also, what will going to ICS do in terms of using our favorite roms?

Eclipse 1.3 needs to be installed over Stock 173…

Also, since using Matt's util, I've become rusty w/RSD Lite. Will RSD Lite wipe the Razr internal SD card?

Which version of RSD Lite is needed?

TIA, seeker613

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#11 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

I think they mean that Matt's utility won't work once you have installed the leaked OTA.

#12 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

The leak is stock... There's already ICS on the Razr if you don't take into account the updated kernel/radio that the OTA brings to the table. Using your logic, I really don't see the point in flashing a leaked stock ROM that will be most likely pushed out later this week as an official OTA, especially if there are no custom ROMs based on this update at this point.

Personally, I'm fine with Gummy 0.9 or 0.95 for now until the official OTA is pushed. I'm not a fan of messing with Cheesecake, and I wouldn't be surprised if Moto eventually catches on that there's an unusually high level of load on their servers. If they decided to do something about it, that would have negative implications for anyone that actually shares leaks with the community. I'm curious too, but I have the patience to wait a few days.

ICS roms that have been released have equal or more problems than the leak.

I'm sure that this isn't news about cheesecake. It's been around for awhile.

If moto wanted it secure, it would be

#13 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think they mean that Matt's utility won't work once you have installed the leaked OTA.

If you used the zip files people posted up to install or sideload, Matt's utility won't work, if you used cheesecake to install, the utility will work.
  • thekid likes this
Posted Image

#14 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

got556,

I'm not clear on what Cheesecake is in droidspeak,
I used Matt's Util ver 1.40 to get back fm some form of bricking while running Eclipse 1.3 (my own fault, was messing around & wasn't careful). I was stuck in a bootloop & Matt's util saved my Razr Maxx.

I didn't even get the ics leak, & I'm of two minds on the upgrade.

On the one hand, I want ICS, but on the other, I like Eclipse a lot; but as far as I've read Eclipse only runs on 173.

Anybody know the diff between the main features Eclipse has that ICS doesn't & what does ICS have that Eclipse doesn't?

tia, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#15 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

I actually used Matt's utility several times, it works great. The rooting, obviously not. But worked for me.

#16 VoXPCS

VoXPCS

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

And LOL at people getting stuck at "communicating with servers" and thinking they're bricked. Just skip setup. Try wiping if you need to

I have a large bank account. I'll give you 100K to take my phone and "just skip setup. Try wiping if you need to" while I "LOL" at you.

$#!+ doesn't work. Period. 100K. do it.

#17 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

I have a large bank account. I'll give you 100K to take my phone and "just skip setup. Try wiping if you need to" while I "LOL" at you. $#!+ doesn't work. Period. 100K. do it.

Lets try to remain civil. There's some validity to what (TSON) is saying.
Also, if you have something to contribute, please do, but I ask on behalf of everyone to keep it civil and respectful.
  • PillClinton and Hardtime3015 like this

#18 Ramdanih

Ramdanih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:Ramdanih7
  • Google+:Ramdanih
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

screenshoot?

#19 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Doesn't anyone have the .173 fastboot files? Why are people being pointed to the .744 stuff?

#20 crashercarlton

crashercarlton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

i saw in the other thread that peopel's phones were seriously messed up...does that mean they didn't have root? I didn't read one reply where people's phones were bricked lol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users