• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

If I remember right .744 to. 748 I think it was a 2 day timeframe. .748 to. 173 was the next day or something like that. This again was AFTER the second email with the forums link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Thanks
Sounds like plenty of time for folks who are rooted to make the necessary changes to receive the OTA (in most cases)...correct?

#122 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

This thread is so off topic I can't keep up with all these posts about the soak test.I thought this was about the leak that's been out since the weekend

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#123 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Thanks
Sounds like plenty of time for folks who are rooted to make the necessary changes to receive the OTA (in most cases)...correct?

Oh yeah, it will most likely be ~ 3 weeks before the second email is sent, then 24-48 hours after that the soak will begin.

This thread is so off topic I can't keep up with all these posts about the soak test.I thought this was about the leak that's been out since the weekend

Well the OP is somewhat irrelevant now since Motorola noticed thousands of people intruding their servers within a small timeframe (shocking, I know) and pulled the file.

The thing I am now worried about is that most likely, Cheesecake has been nullified forever as a means of leaking new builds.

:-D :-D

#124 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I was worried about that too when I saw the cheesecake.apk posted for anyone to download. It was done with good intentions I'm sure, but I figured there would be a bunch of people using it and hammering Moto's servers. They may have put up with it for awhile when there were only a few users, but a massive influx would likely not be tolerated.

#125 bamsemh

bamsemh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

to bad that none of the topics on this forum is related to the eu :s if there was any danish dev ppl on this forum, it would be more reliable than it is now ;) everyting on forum now, is us or canadian related :/

#126 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Oh yeah, it will most likely be ~ 3 weeks before the second email is sent, then 24-48 hours after that the soak will begin.

There was like 4 days between invitations & the initial "soak is coming" email last time so... no?

#127 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Just got follow up email from MOTO for soak test says update pushed out in the morning...

#128 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

#129 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Huh?

#130 aki93

aki93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

link is dead. I hope this file will be more effective than the other stock roms i installed. some functionality doesn't work, e.g. swype, flac and connection time outs here and there. I did use an alpha from little less from a month ago, not the one where all this fuss from the past days is about.. will this fastboot still be effective? and is it gsm or cdma?

#131 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

So in order to get the OTA WHEN it becomes available I'll need to remove bootstrap CWM from my device? Even if i'm stock (nothing frozen all bloat)

#132 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Are you reporting a fact or taking a guess?

#133 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Are you reporting a fact or taking a guess?

Its fact. No ICS soak test.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#134 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Its fact. No ICS soak test.

So, are you saying the email that folks have received from Moto re the soak test starting tomorrow is ....what?

#135 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

So, are you saying the email that folks have received from Moto re the soak test starting tomorrow is ....what?

#136 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Yeah ... we get to test the Model T Ford!! Yeah ... huh?

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#137 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Yeah ... we get to test the Model T Ford!! Yeah ... huh?

Screw that...geez that is disappointing. Looking at the forum for the "soakees"...there are going to be some P.O.d folks!

#138 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

Screw that...geez that is disappointing. Looking at the forum for the "soakees"...there are going to be some P.O.d folks!

Yeah but no reason for anyone to get upset. Moto never said ics was coming. The leak that was found it's just an early build and should never have been expected to be an ota. It is just a sign that ics is coming...... someday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users