#1 custer32

custer32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationScio, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid X, & Eris

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hello, I haved the maxx hd xt926 and lost root in the 9.8.1 update then tried to root with motochopper but it didn't work, something to do with my old su getting in the way. So anyway, I was told I have to fastboot restore my system so that it will work. I tried to use rsd lite and the stock firmware file to restore but rsd lite wont even let me get that far.. when I try to select the file I want to flash it says the xml file is an incorrect format or some image files you chose are missing. I downloaded it from the link in matts post on how to do it, and once from another.. neither of them work.. If I could get some help on fastbooting my phone it would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks :)

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Are you using this xml?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Cooljoe

Cooljoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Unlocked Bootloader

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Had the same problem found somewhere that you need to edit the file with notepad and remove the 2 LINES not just the word that say "getvar" then save and it will work

#4 custer32

custer32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationScio, OH

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Had the same problem found somewhere that you need to edit the file with notepad and remove the 2 LINES not just the word that say "getvar" then save and it will work

Are you using this xml?

Yes that was the one, and yes I removed the get var lines..
I feel like a complete idiot because I tried to use it as an unzipped file.. which doesn't work..
Lol it happens sometimes.. thanks anyways..

#5 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Are you using this xml?

Yes that was the one, and yes I removed the get var lines..

I feel like a complete idiot because I tried to use it as an unzipped file.. which doesn't work..

Lol it happens sometimes.. thanks anyways..

You can use the unzipped folder and select the xml directly. Probably a stupid question but did you install the moto drivers? They aren't listed in Matt's post.

#6 custer32

custer32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationScio, OH

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

You can use the unzipped folder and select the xml directly. Probably a stupid question but did you install the moto drivers? They aren't listed in Matt's post.

Yeah I had the moto driver updater thingy.. I eventually got it to work though, so all is good.

#7 Cooljoe

Cooljoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Unlocked Bootloader

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Did you reboot you computer after installing the drivers? Windows loads drivers on startup so your new moto one load.

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I don't own this phone. Refresh my memory...what IS the 9.8.1 update? What Android System Version? If he's using the wrong FB files, he won't be able to restore his phone, especially if his phone is locked still.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users