W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

now its time to get the good GNex ringtones and notifications on this bad boy. :)

#22 evan30

evan30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Guys you gotta read all 3 posts. I installed the touch recovery but it wouldn't work at all. I then installed just the regular bootstrap recovery that you have to use the hard buttons for. I believe I posted the link in post 2 or 3. The Beats Audio zip that I flashed is one I have on my phone from XDA. I'll post it later today.Post 2 has the link for the recovery that works.

Sent from my Rooted Stock ICS Droid RAZR using tapatalk.

I saw it on xda too but it's just hard looking thru all the files to find the right/latest zip for the razr...if you wouldn't mind posting it that would be awesome. thanks!

(p.s. your link to the working recovery in the op isn't working, just a heads up!)

#23 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

I couldn't believe it when it booted into recovery. Even more shocked when I was actually able to flash a zip file with it successfully. This is awesome lol!

does the Beats zip really make a big enough of a difference to actually get it?

#24 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

does the Beats zip really make a big enough of a difference to actually get it?

Definitely makes a difference. Music playing from my phone through my car has never sounded better. Getting ready to post the zip in a couple minutes. Just gotta add a line in the updater-script to mount /system for you.

Beats Audio (flashable zip) link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

No wiping of anything is needed. Just boot into recovery, flash the zip, reboot and enjoy Beats Audio on your RAZR.

#25 evan30

evan30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Definitely makes a difference. Music playing from my phone through my car has never sounded better. Getting ready to post the zip in a couple minutes. Just gotta add a line in the updater-script to mount /system for you.

Beats Audio (flashable zip) link:

No wiping of anything is needed. Just boot into recovery, flash the zip, reboot and enjoy Beats Audio on your RAZR.

thanks for the upload!! i looked at the size of your zip, are you aware of the newer versions available at the xda thread? have u had any luck with the 3/14 or 3/17 versions? or is this the most compatible for the razr? thanks again!

#26 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

I thought beats only worked with gingerbread?

#27 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I thought beats only worked with gingerbread?

Nope. Works with ICS too.

Sent from my Rooted Stock ICS Droid RAZR using tapatalk.

#28 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

so i flashed the beats.zip. is there supposed to be an icon or something? im totally lost :/

#29 evan30

evan30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

so i flashed the beats.zip. is there supposed to be an icon or something? im totally lost :/

im at the same place as you...theres also so many different versions besides the one he posted (which looks outdated?) so i'm just trying to get a little more info on the beats audio working with this new ics leak. if you figure anything out lemme know!

#30 Jdotcarter

Jdotcarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

this is pretty great news... now i'm just looking for a clutch conversion type file to flash and i'll be running this razr maxx into the ground. that or some stock ICS gummy with all working hardware acceleration etc....

definitely validating picking up the maxx and getting rid of the Nexus and Rezound... ICS, crazy battery life... beats audio... can't think of anything else i really could want sans the 720p screen

#31 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Concerning the Beats Audio, is there anything I need to do after flashing it? Does it just play along with the built in equalizer/sound effects settings or are there Beats settings burried somewhere? I am listening to some 30 Seconds From Mars right now with my RAZR on Normal equalizer settings and my Beats Solo HD's and it sounds good, but not noticing any real improvement over stock. Yknow, like no" wow I can't believe how good these Beats are" moment lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#32 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

You're RAZR bootstrap apk appears to be down. Here's a link to 2.0

which I just used no problem.
  • evan30 likes this

#33 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the new link to the recovery. It will be added to the OP.

Regarding the issue with Beats Audio, there is no icon or app. Just flash the file and start listening to music. I don't really know about "updated" versions and don't see why they would be updated. They're pretty much just equalizer settings. If you find an updated zip, you can send me the link and I'll add it to the OP but I'm not going to go searching for it because this zip works perfectly fine. If for some reason, you're not noticing a difference, try mounting /system in recovery before flashing and see if that helps. If it does, let me know and I'll add those instructions to the OP as well.

#34 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

I dont know if anyone decided to try this, but i restored the backup that i made using Bootstrap and my screen is all kinda of messed up now :/ So i recommend NOT restoring a backup. unless someone else has and had it work?

EDIT: I even tried to do a factory wipe in the stock recovery (since i cant get into Bootstrap) and its still all messed up. :/ Now i have to wait till i get off work to go back to .173 then hopefully get root again on ICS :(

#35 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

I dont know if anyone decided to try this, but i restored the backup that i made using Bootstrap and my screen is all kinda of messed up now :/ So i recommend NOT restoring a backup. unless someone else has and had it work?

EDIT: I even tried to do a factory wipe in the stock recovery (since i cant get into Bootstrap) and its still all messed up. :/ Now i have to wait till i get off work to go back to .173 then hopefully get root again on ICS

Once you go back to. 173 you may not be able to get back to ICS, files have been removed, good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#36 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

When was the last time you tried this? From what i read since the file was removed (recently) from server that trick might not work. Let us know if it works for you. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i did it before it was removed from the server. i will try to just flash them through recovery whenever i get home from work. Maybe ill finally get my Soak Test and i wont have to worry about all this. lol

EDIT: Regardless, the point is to NOT restore a backup with Bootstrap while on ICS. unless i just got screwed and it only messed up for me. lol

#37 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Bumping this since more and more people are installing the update now.

#38 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Ok Hicks says nano restored successfuly, Woo17 says major fail, can we get any more info.. confirmations, or failures?

Woo17 did you clear cache b4 backup, and wipe data before restore?

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#39 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Ok Hicks says nano restored successfuly, Woo17 says major fail, can we get any more info.. confirmations, or failures?

Woo17 did you clear cache b4 backup, and wipe data before restore?

As I said, I haven't tried a nand restore. Now that we have a way to sideload the ICS leak, I'll give it a shot and post my results in a little bit.

#40 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

As I said, I haven't tried a nand restore. Now that we have a way to sideload the ICS leak, I'll give it a shot and post my results in a little bit.

EDIT YET AGAIN!!!!
Just keeps getting better and better!!!!!! Successfully restored my nandroid backup, successfully flashed the Beats Audio, successfully mounted /system in recovery. Looks like the bootstrap recovery v5.0.2.5 works with everything!!!! If you kept root while updating then you should be good to install this recovery and use it. However......I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE MELTING OR EXPLODING!!!!!!!!

Not trying to be smart but it looks like you did say it works?

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, ics, leak, custom recovery, ics recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users