34 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.20
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

You can find this utility @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions
Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.20:

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 5 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for CWM and TWRP. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse!

Please Note: I urge everyone who modifies their phone to try their best to fully understand what this script does, and to learn how to use ADB. Tucstwo wrote a nice guide for learning ADB

• ctopher4, lownslow200sx, Narffran and 17 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

haha first. YOu da man....or Batman that is :p

#3 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Honestly, nothing against those other guys... but I hope you win that razr hd maxx. Glad to have your help over here no matter what, though!

Posted Image

#4 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Honestly, nothing against those other guys... but I hope you win that razr hd maxx. Glad to have your help over here no matter what, though!

Batman don't need an HD. He can make us ROMs blindly :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • adamjmtz and shane1 like this

#5 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

This will save a gtalk conversation. 

Thanks as always Matt! :D

--Sam

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#6 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Batman don't need an HD. He can make us ROMs blindly :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yea wtf... I change the icon for text messaging and smoke starts pouring out of my phone. This guy is handcuffed upside down in a water tank and he still manages all things development #houdini

• trikotret likes this

Posted Image

#7 DVDDave

DVDDave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Matt, you are great!!!  I can now delete all of my other files because you once again made the best utility, or combination !!!!

I too hope you get the HD !!!!!

#8 baddblood

baddblood

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, iPad Mini

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Dude, this is absolutely rediculous. Everyone apart of this should have their names carved into the Android Wall Of Fame!!!

EDIT: Wall of Shame? lol

#9 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Greatness!!!!

#10 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the updated utility!

#11 Otechhd

Otechhd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Google+:Otechmobile@gmail.com
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Verizon Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

What to THANK the developer! It really helped my device after a screw up in my part. :D

#12 Moth1996

Moth1996

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Ok So I'm new to messing with my phone... I have it rooted, so If If download this and run it in terminal(mac), unlock the bootloader and install TRWP and CWM, those are are custom recoveries right? The things I can use to flash ROMS? I can't find a good place to start.

• shane1 likes this

#13 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ok So I'm new to messing with my phone... I have it rooted, so If If download this and run it in terminal(mac), unlock the bootloader and install TRWP and CWM, those are are custom recoveries right? The things I can use to flash ROMS? I can't find a good place to start.

just make sure you read everything twice before acting ! Also follow all directions. And one last thing READ ;)

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#14 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

You can only have one recovery. Each flash will overwrite the existing recovery.

Doug B.
  • shane1 likes this
Doug B.

#15 jbarrington

jbarrington

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Many, many apologies for asking the questions below, but I want to be sure that I'm doing things correctly. I guess that I'm basically a noob.

My last phone was a Droid X that I rooted years ago, and last year I rooted my Toshiba Thrive tablet, but if I remember correctly, the instructions seemed different in each case, so it seems to be the case here as well.

Today, I just purchased the Razr Maxx HD (it came with xt926 already installed), and I would really like to have this rooted as well. I read the instructions several times, and I downloaded the .ZIP file. I know that I should run the .BAT file with the phone connected to my PC, but I see where there appears to be six choices that either will go through each of those steps itself, or I'll be asked to choose one.

So, if I want my Razr Maxx HD to be totally rooted, and I am the one that has to make the choices, which choices am I suppose to make?

I'm guessing that option 1 and then 4?

Maybe it's a combination of those two and several more?

Also, does option 2 put the phone back to it's stock state again?

#16 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Option 5 will give you root. Then I would suggest Option 6 to unlock your bootloader. While you may now need this right away it will be good to get it done.

In the future if you need it Option 1 will take you back to a stock state from which you will need to root again

• jbarrington likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#17 jbarrington

jbarrington

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Many thanks for your help with this, Memnoch73! :D

• Memnoch73 likes this

#18 jbarrington

jbarrington

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

I successfully rooted the phone!!! Many thanks to the person(s) for all the hard work on the root program, and the help for getting there!!! It's great to have this ability again!! :)

If I can impose and ask one more thing, what does 2, 3, and 4 do (or undo) for the phone?

#19 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

They are your recoveries for loading Roms.

#2 is stock recovery which you need to take OTA updates

#3 and #4 are custom recoveries used to load Roms. Note you need to have an unlocked bootloader to use those.

• jbarrington likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#20 jbarrington

jbarrington

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

Again, thanks for helping with the info!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users