#481 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

you need both files copied and check out op screen shots if you not familiar with es file explorer

Damn didnt realize it was going to be as easy as it was...but somehow i lost root...how do i regain root again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#482 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Damn didnt realize it was going to be as easy as it was...but somehow i lost root...how do i regain root again?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#483 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Well i figured out how i screwed up: the only step i screwed up on was forgetting to go to the market and download the latest version of superuser. RSD this morning back to .173 and retraced my steps and made sure every rooted app I downloaded was updated before moving forward. I retained root the 2nd time around and loving ICS now :D

#484 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Well i figured out how i screwed up: the only step i screwed up on was forgetting to go to the market and download the latest version of superuser. RSD this morning back to .173 and retraced my steps and made sure every rooted app I downloaded was updated before moving forward. I retained root the 2nd time around and loving ICS now

Cool! Glad you got it working!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • jimyv likes this

#485 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

I had to flash back rsd and ota up for warranty ...soooo forgot what stock 173 does to this phone;( been 10 hours operation time..this morn..flashed last night and pluged in. Phone completely dead at1:30 with med.to light use..;(. Recharged having beer. Already down to 75percent and fadeing fast...I FN HATE STOCK BLUR ON MY RZR..!!USELESS!!!
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#486 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

ok I need HELP!

I've tried this over a dozen times, fastbooted back to .181 3-4 times. I do not install any boot strap/safe strap. I've used the ics 0.3 tool, I've manually copied the files to the /cache directory. Nothing is working. I tried installing the zip files from the card, bricked the phone, fastbooted back. While it was bricked I noticed something in stock recovery a install from cache option. After I fastbooted back I tried looking for it again, it's just not there. no matter what I do I cannot get it to kick off the install. I tried renaming the CWM directory out of the way, I've tried setting it with Rom manager and thne hard powering down in case something was clearing the files from the cache before rebooting. I've tried manually putting them there without rom manager and hard powering down. I've tried everything.

how do I get .79 to install!?!?!?

thanks

#487 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

ok I need HELP!

I've tried this over a dozen times, fastbooted back to .181 3-4 times. I do not install any boot strap/safe strap. I've used the ics 0.3 tool, I've manually copied the files to the /cache directory. Nothing is working. I tried installing the zip files from the card, bricked the phone, fastbooted back. While it was bricked I noticed something in stock recovery a install from cache option. After I fastbooted back I tried looking for it again, it's just not there. no matter what I do I cannot get it to kick off the install. I tried renaming the CWM directory out of the way, I've tried setting it with Rom manager and thne hard powering down in case something was clearing the files from the cache before rebooting. I've tried manually putting them there without rom manager and hard powering down. I've tried everything.

how do I get .79 to install!?!?!?

thanks

Lol don't use the ics installer just follow this tutorial. Not hard. Fastboot back to. 181 first though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#488 GlassEyedPete

GlassEyedPete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well, I'm pretty screwed right now. I was going from gingerbread's motorola recovery and trying to install this. Apparently, there is a better motorola recovery to use from 6.16.206. The problem now is that my phone's battery is too low to program fastboot and it won't boot normally. I'm not sure I can even charge it. I guess we'll see, but I may have a very high tech paper weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users