• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 aalopez10

aalopez10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

Ok so i been running the ics leak since saturday...but i wanna make a thread now that u are able to sideload using rom manager, that means more people will try it n we can see more ppl test it out...

Lets make this thread to report any errors or bugs found on the ics leak,

On my experience i wanna make a list
Of a couples of bugs i have found since i updated...( i factory reset the phone so i can test every one bit of the rom )

1) battery bug ( when u reboot the phone after the update the battery seem to not read right i was at 90% using my maxx and after a reboot couple days later in full charge the phone will completely go down to 30% or less , right out the charger in 100% , reboot again n than ill kick me back to 50% left. ( not cool)
Usually would run about 18 to 24 hours heavy used on my maxx now on the ics leak i get at least 12 to 14 on the same amount of usage)

2) phone gets hot after a while ( might be a kernel issue or something to do with the battery problem, or rom itself...

3) lag between opening applications or settings etc...( runs smoothly after update but once its settle n u start downloading apps, games etc rom starting to lag a bit) , factory reset really didnt help much either.

4) phone freezes ( i had more than once this happen will playing games or using an app)

5) phone reboots itself or shutdowns..
( happen more than once also will playing games and using apps..)

Other than that i believe this leak is in between beta or alpha stage, now that we have confirm that the new update is 181 and not ics sandwich, this could be the reason motorola wont be releasing this ics update soon...

But because i love ics i will still run this update cuz its sweet with the new features and all the ics goodness,

Well now report ( those of u who been having issue and running the leak and report so i know im not alone)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2 T3hD0gg

T3hD0gg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

Some bugs I've found:
  • Cut the Rope crashes when going into a level. Seems to be an OpenGL driver issue after looking at the LogCat logs.
  • Temporary issue that somehow fixed itself: I was using Calendar yesterday and the back button wouldn't work to exit the application. Also, when I pressed the "Today" button on the top right, the content shown on the Daily view would not change but the date at the top would.
  • This would be similar to your Settings issue: the highlight animation when selecting something isn't a gradual gradient fade. It seems a bit laggy.
  • When using GPS yesterday with Google Maps, I went to disable the GPS but the GPS icon in the notification bar saying "Location Set by GPS" continued to stay in place for a minute or two after. Going into GPS Test indicated that it was disabled but that it still had a lock on a few satellites. Very strange..
That's about it. They couldn't be far from releasing this to the public yet. Maybe they are creating more bloatware to throw in it. :(

#3 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

I have the leak downloaded on my computer and ready to sideload when I get home from work, and I'm definitely interested in hearing about people's experiences.
For 1) have you tried clearing battery stats? Idk if there's an option for that in the stock recovery tho...

#4 Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

im not completely sure if this is a bug or not, but i noticed that when connecting the razr to my car dock or multimedia dock it will go to the unlock screen, in 2.3.6 it would automatically go to the dock app without asking to unlock the phone.

#5 aalopez10

aalopez10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

I have the leak downloaded on my computer and ready to sideload when I get home from work, and I'm definitely interested in hearing about people's experiences.
For 1) have you tried clearing battery stats? Idk if there's an option for that in the stock recovery tho...

Yup i seen alot of people report the battery bug on threads. Done most of the usually when it comes to bugs to fix it but it seems a kernel or rom problem

#6 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Battery issues for sure, reading wrong. Say 30% when on, i power off and it'll show 70%.
I just wiped bat stats, and in process of calibrating. Hope this helps.

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#7 aalopez10

aalopez10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

im not completely sure if this is a bug or not, but i noticed that when connecting the razr to my car dock or multimedia dock it will go to the unlock screen, in 2.3.6 it would automatically go to the dock app without asking to unlock the phone.

Cant determine that i dont have a Dock..( lets see if more people report it)

#8 mindrazr

mindrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

I'm not having any of OP's issues with my phone.

My issues:

1) Lost root even though I used Voodoo.

2) Apex launcher occasionally force closes

3) Bloat, which if I still had root wouldn't really matter

4) No flash support

All things considered I really like this build. It's fast and has great battery life for those of us still rockin the OG razr

#9 aalopez10

aalopez10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

The only temp fix i found is let the rom settle and let the phone battery go as low as 5% and than full charge/ wipe battery stat and do that couple days n than DO NOT RESTART THE PHONE..., because sometimes i test the phone and i reboot n i see how much battery i have left n when i turn it on its still at what i had before turn on but sometimes it does the usually battery bug where it reports less %...so just dont reboot at all and battery sticks...to the last juice of it!

#10 aalopez10

aalopez10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

My issues:

4) No flash support

All things considered I really like this build. It's fast and has great battery life for those of us still rockin the OG razr

Have u used the fix dhacker twit couple days ago about root...

..n i forgot to test flash ill report if its a bug!

#11 pcriz

pcriz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:pcriz

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

My issues:

4) No flash support

As far as bloat you can disable just about every bit of it through ICS, wouldn't really call it a bug or error though.

Also think Flash support is going to (or has) officially ended for ICS because my phone pops up with a system(?) notification stating that Adobe has ended their support of the Flash player on Android.

#12 mindrazr

mindrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Have u used the fix dhacker twit couple days ago about root...

..n i forgot to test flash ill report if its a bug!

I'm not familiar with dhacker's fix? Is there a chance for me to get root working without having to do a fresh RSD back to 744 and starting from scratch with the ICS install/root process? That would be badass.

#13 mikerosoftpro

mikerosoftpro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Yep, used it to regain root. Look for the thread on how to get root after ICS upgrade.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

#14 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Stock browser lags sometimes. Mainly saw this on Facebook though. :)

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#15 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Every time I plug my lapdock in its at the lock screen but that don't bother me much. Kinda like it.

#16 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

I have been on it for a day, its just VERY laggy at times like others are reporting. The battery also like others say, goes from like 100 to 50% ... I love it, but it bugs the crap out of me.
I am just going to flash back to .173 and run Eclipse for now.
Droid RAZR Rooted

#17 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I would say something going on with battery. Phone on while charging was at 40 then spikes up to full in less then 10 minutes.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

47.58KB   16 downloads

#18 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

So I'm not the only having battery issues. Lol. I've been running on 5% for 3 hours now. The phone won't turn off lol

#19 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

So I'm not the only having battery issues. Lol. I've been running on 5% for 3 hours now. The phone won't turn off lol

Do you have OG razr or maxx? I have OG razr.
Also did you flash anything wiith bootstrap? That big drop was about the time i flashed a theme, which took less then a minute. For me maybe flashing it caused battery to go out of whack. It seemed to be reporting normal before that. Just speculation on my part.

#20 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Do you have OG razr or maxx? I have OG razr.
Also did you flash anything wiith bootstrap? That big drop was about the time i flashed a theme, which took less then a minute. For me maybe flashing it caused battery to go out of whack. It seemed to be reporting normal before that. Just speculation on my part.

I got Max. But I factory reset my phone at 80% and it completed, it was at 100%. Keep in mind it was unplugged lol. When I reached 40% throughout the day, I rebooted and then got 20% then did another reboot and now I'm stuck at 5% :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users