96 replies to this topic

#1 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Like so many members here, I've never had an ICS device. So there are things I'm finding working and some things different to possibly buggy. I thought we might could use a thread to track issues and share info.

What I've seen so far:

1. Temple run has a possible bug sensing swipes. Needs confirmation to be a bug.

2. Browser widget seems to open the bookmark db preventing using sqlite to delete locked crappy bookmarks. Trash widget temporarily and make sure browser closed seems to allow editing.

3. Found a new one. Google email widget seems to lose account link often and has to be trashed/redone to work. Real annoying.

#2 jasong127

jasong127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Has the bluetooth problem been fixed? Used to be that if you had BT turned on and not connected to a device, you couldn't hear anyone and they couldn't hear you over the phone.

#3 Haloman800

Haloman800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@AbrahamAnderso2

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

I can confirm the Temple Run bug. Another thing other people (myself included) are experiencing, I get a text message that reads something like VZWXE1 , several times a day. Next time I get one I'll post it exactly as it shows.

#4 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Cut the Rope (&Experiments) force closes.
Temple Run & Running Fred doesn't recognize when you lift your finger (Temple Run thinks you're constantly tapping the screen wherever you lift it)
Can Knockdown has a similar bug
Face unlock is super super laggy and you can put in your password through it sometimes
First boot is slow as all hell
When you have no data, there is still an invisible icon in its place
Sometimes swiping through app drawers will freeze in the middle of the animation
The favorite contacts widget can be dragged with the finger without long-pressing but doesn't do the cool cascading thing from GB
If you press a hard button during the CRT animation the screen will turn right back on after it ends

The green tint on low brightness is mostly gone
The manual brightness can be set WAY lower, but that setting isn't part of auto-brightness yet

#5 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Google+:bwatkins232@gmail.com
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

you are correct about temple run Armus I have been having problems with temple run as well

#6 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

I can confirm the Temple Run bug. Another thing other people (myself included) are experiencing, I get a text message that reads something like VZWXE1 , several times a day. Next time I get one I'll post it exactly as it shows.

This isn't a bug, I'll post the fix when I get home.

#7 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'm using face lock now and having no troubles so far. Doesn't seem to lag but I'm not running anything in the background.
  • Hardtime3015 likes this

#8 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Exchange security policy enforcement will not apply settings -- it sits on a blank screen.

Cut The Rope, Kona's Crate and numerous other games FC before you can play anything.

Bluetooth hangs between on and off leaving you unable to toggle and requiring a reboot to fix.

#9 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Im not getting the hanging on Bluetooth and am about to try sound

Sound works for me with bluetooth on. Haven't paired yet though

What's hotplug? Is that why i don't have an option to charge only when usb connected?

#10 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Moto_hotplug governor is MIA.
New governor is 'interactive'

been getting ridiculous touchscreen behavior at times
**may be related to the otterbox touching, I'll try to duplicate it.

Anyone get ics camera +? I'd like to make the funny faces work.

anyone test bootstrap?

last,more games are compatible,AFAIK

#11 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Moto_hotplug governor is MIA.
New governor is 'interactive'

No, the new governor is "hotplug", which was present before too. mot_hotplug is gone though, you're right.

I'm using face lock now and having no troubles so far. Doesn't seem to lag but I'm not running anything in the background.

Try to use it practically, though. It definitely lags a lot as the camera is starting up, it adds a whole 5ish seconds to your unlock routine at the very least, especially if you're trying to hit the little lock button so you can just put in your passcode because it's too dark. Doesn't do that on the GNEX.

#12 6gunSimmons

6gunSimmons

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Swiping must be a little goofy right now in general.

Does your guys launcher (Apex or Stock) app drawer stop halfway between two pages sometimes? Or is it just mine?

Confirmation would be awesome.

#13 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

No, the new governor is "hotplug", which was present before too. mot_hotplug is gone though, you're right.

Try to use it practically, though. It definitely lags a lot as the camera is starting up, it adds a whole 5ish seconds to your unlock routine at the very least, especially if you're trying to hit the little lock button so you can just put in your passcode because it's too dark. Doesn't do that on the GNEX.

5ish seconds? I can unlock easily in less than 2 seconds, from wake button to homescreen.
  • Hardtime3015 likes this

#14 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Swiping must be a little goofy right now in general.
Does your guys launcher (Apex or Stock) app drawer stop halfway between two pages sometimes? Or is it just mine?

Confirmation would be awesome.

Yea that's happened to me

#15 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Anyone find option to charge only on usb connection? Mail widget bug?

No trouble with app drawer so far

#16 Johngi559

Johngi559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@_johngi
  • Google+:Johnny Hernandez

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Anyone find option to charge only on usb connection?

No trouble with app drawer so far

i think i rad somewhere that that option was removed

#17 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

anyone test bootstrap?

I used bootstrap to install Beats Hack. It works, not that Beats does, but the install does.

I lost several contacts. I didn't want to call the wife anyway. She will just want chores out of me, if I do get in touch with her.
  • composi likes this

#18 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

The led light doesn't come on when phone being charged. I know its a bug in 173 but still doesn't work with ICS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#19 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm positive there is a governor called interactive now, according to rom toolbox.

Also built in screenshot is Vol-down and power.
Can't get overclock modules to load atm
Random market download error when downloading apps.
  • flukeshot likes this

#20 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm positive there is a governor called interactive now, according to rom toolbox.

Every device has interactive, conservative, & ondemand. on GB we had interactive, conservative, ondemand, hotplug, and mot_hotplug, mot_hotplug being the default. On ICS we have interactive, conservative, ondemand, and hotplug. no mot_hotplug, and hotplug is the default.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users