Photo

[ROM] [JB] Blurry 2.5.1 (Official 6/16/13)

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#81 bigmarv33

bigmarv33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

IF U NEED ANY TESTERS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE AND LET ME KNOW i BEEN RUNNING ALPHA 17 AND LOVING IT JUST DOWNLOADED BETA 2 AND GONNA CREATE NEW SLOT AND LOAD IT UP SO FAR I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THE BUILDS FROM FLASHING TO SETTING UP AND SO ON KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND HIT ME UP IF U NEED A TESTER 

#82 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

root checker; no root. Super su installed but no root, nothing to update it said.

Download the latest beta build and you shouldnt have any problems.

I meant maybe an image somewhere I can delete before I flash it. I am not asking you to remove it for everyone of course.

I am enjoying it though! Also, any alternate icons for the signal bars?

Ive been thinking about altering the backdrop image a bit. It cant really be deleted but you could replace it if you decompile SystemUI. Its named blurred.png and its in /res/drawable-hdpi/

Awwww, you dont like my signal bars that look like waves?

#83 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Waiting for my battery to charge a lil and on to the newest beta.. loving it so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#84 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Download the latest beta build and you shouldnt have any problems.

Ive been thinking about altering the backdrop image a bit. It cant really be deleted but you could replace it if you decompile SystemUI. Its named blurred.png and its in /res/drawable-hdpi/

Awwww, you dont like my signal bars that look like waves?

Aww, I didn't mean to offend at all! Now you made me feel bad :p. They look fine! You did a good job! I am just SO used to stock looking android and I am indifferent to almost everything else. I am a sucker for the stock icons/Moto icons.

• k.c.cole likes this

#85 donnieseech

donnieseech

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationnew Mexico
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

This ROM is amazing. Super fast and I average 14+ hours between charges. That's with moderate browsing and calls. With 4g always on. Thank you guys

#86 ndtemple417

ndtemple417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSouth Kakalake
  • Current Device(s):Note 2

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

is it ready for daily driver you think

#87 Smiller5331

Smiller5331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

is it ready for daily driver you think

Yes... I feel it is! Very smooth and all features in the beta appear to be working flawlessly!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#88 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Loving the ROM so far, been using it as a daily driver since the first alphas came out.  I do have one request, though.  I was told in another thread that the toggle setup that's in the CM JB ROMs was only possible in JB ROMs, which is why it was never in the ICS custom builds.  My question is, now that this thing is being developed as a JB ROM, is it possible to design the toggles in a similar way?  I use Widetsoid 2.x because it's more customizable, and the only thing I really need the built-in toggles for is the one-click GPS. 

#89 BrknScrn

BrknScrn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWestern MA
  • Current Device(s):2 Bionics, one for use and one for dev, Galaxy Note Tab 2

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

I've been unable to install the OTA, even manually.  I loaded the OTA ROM on the ext SD, uninstalled SS recovery, used rootkeeper to temp unroot, powered off, and booted manually into stock recovery.  I got the red triangle, no big deal and use the volume buttoms and selected apply update from external storage.  When I do, the update package is verified, but I get a fail on my current system.  Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip.  I updated to ICS prior to rooting and shouldn't have a problem with the stock ROM.  What do I need to do to get the OTA update and into the Blur_JB ROMS?

Look at /cache/recovery/last log and see what is the error is

I've been in and have not found a directoryon internal SD in /cache  with recovery.  I'm bummin as I want to load the blurry jb beta but it doesn't seem to start since I don't have the jb ota loaded.

ET....Phone Home

#90 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I've been in and have not found a directoryon internal SD in /cache  with recovery.  I'm bummin as I want to load the blurry jb beta but it doesn't seem to start since I don't have the jb ota loaded.

Have you tried using RSDLite and FXZing back to .236 and then applying the update? That was the only way I could get it to take. Just remember that after you fxz you need to get root with Razrs Edge, install OTA Rootkeeper and protect root, THEN apply the update. Hopefully you keep root through the update and can restore with OTA Rootkeeper after the update. You will have to redownload OTA Rootkeeper from the market after updating. If you lose root, then you will have to use the Motoshare 2 bug with Linux to get root.

#91 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Loving the ROM so far, been using it as a daily driver since the first alphas came out.  I do have one request, though.  I was told in another thread that the toggle setup that's in the CM JB ROMs was only possible in JB ROMs, which is why it was never in the ICS custom builds.  My question is, now that this thing is being developed as a JB ROM, is it possible to design the toggles in a similar way?  I use Widetsoid 2.x because it's more customizable, and the only thing I really need the built-in toggles for is the one-click GPS. 

So what exactly are you asking for? You want to be able to remove the toggles so you can use the toggle app you use from the market?

#92 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Aww, I didn't mean to offend at all! Now you made me feel bad :p. They look fine! You did a good job! I am just SO used to stock looking android and I am indifferent to almost everything else. I am a sucker for the stock icons/Moto icons.

Its not going to happen right away, but eventually there will be something you can do to restore regular icons.

#93 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

So what exactly are you asking for? You want to be able to remove the toggles so you can use the toggle app you use from the market?

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more descriptive, guess I was kind of vague.  If you look at the AOKP style ROMs, they have a "button" at the top right corner when you pull down the shade that flips the shade around that shows the toggles, and in the System Settings you can edit them so you only have the ones you want showing.  The whole thing is a little reminiscent of the MIUI ROMs that're floating about on the net.  I apologize if I'm sounding a little picky, but I really do like the ROM :D  It's been very stable so far, and definitely one of the smoothest ones I've ever tried, even with all the stuff I have installed, and I've got a lot of stuff on this thing :p

#94 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Alright everybody, since a few people have said something about the notification pulldown background, I want to ask the users here which one of these they like better?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

143.48KB   55 downloads

118.41KB   57 downloads

The regular pulldown (Left) OR the more subtle pulldown (Right)? As you can see in order to make it look okay I had to remove the carrier text on the right image.

#95 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more descriptive, guess I was kind of vague.  If you look at the AOKP style ROMs, they have a "button" at the top right corner when you pull down the shade that flips the shade around that shows the toggles, and in the System Settings you can edit them so you only have the ones you want showing.  The whole thing is a little reminiscent of the MIUI ROMs that're floating about on the net.  I apologize if I'm sounding a little picky, but I really do like the ROM :D  It's been very stable so far, and definitely one of the smoothest ones I've ever tried, even with all the stuff I have installed, and I've got a lot of stuff on this thing :p

I know what you are talking about. Unfortunately that is only in Jellybean 4.2 roms. The OTA (which this is based) was 4.1. I havent tried it to see how it works with the current theme and toggles but you can always try ControlPanel from the play store.

If you would rather use control panel and get rid of the baked in toggles, shoot me a PM and Ill help you out when I get the chance.

#96 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I know what you are talking about. Unfortunately that is only in Jellybean 4.2 roms. The OTA (which this is based) was 4.1. I havent tried it to see how it works with the current theme and toggles but you can always try ControlPanel from the play store.

If you would rather use control panel and get rid of the baked in toggles, shoot me a PM and Ill help you out when I get the chance.

Thanks for the very prompt reply.  I think I already tried that app before, but my main reason for my pickiness is the one-click-GPS-activation thing only works with the toggles that're built-in to the ROM, which I don't use Widgetsoid for it, but for many other functions. :rolleyes:

#97 DrJay

DrJay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Google+:jconawayiii@gmail.com
  • LocationRancho Cucamonga California

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I like the plain one.....

Sorry for not quoting the post...

Sent from my JB DROID BIONIC using my fingers
Sent from my ICS Bionic using my fingers

#98 DrJay

DrJay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Google+:jconawayiii@gmail.com
  • LocationRancho Cucamonga California

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Alright everybody, since a few people have said something about the notification pulldown background, I want to ask the users here which one of these they like better?

143.48KB   55 downloads

118.41KB   57 downloads

The regular pulldown (Left) OR the more subtle pulldown (Right)? As you can see in order to make it look okay I had to remove the carrier text on the right image.

The plain one...

Sent from my JB DROID BIONIC using my fingers
  • MarkusMcNugen likes this
Sent from my ICS Bionic using my fingers

#99 codygs83

codygs83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter:@codygs83

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

The more subtle one. Aka plain. Either one is still badass though. Thank you for the hard work!z
  • MarkusMcNugen likes this

#100 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the very prompt reply.  I think I already tried that app before, but my main reason for my pickiness is the one-click-GPS-activation thing only works with the toggles that're built-in to the ROM, which I don't use Widgetsoid for it, but for many other functions. :rolleyes:

Im not sure exactly what I can do to help you out, but I have one idea I can think of. Im not sure if I can get to it tonight, but I will try my best to get it done by tomorrow and see what you think if its even possible. Ill most likely PM you tomorrow and we can discuss it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users