Photo

[ROM] [JB] Blurry 2.5.1 (Official 6/16/13)

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#161 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I installed 7 hours ago and my phone has been blowing up with calls, couple mins here and there. I still got 70%...

Sent from my Blurry 1.0 Biønic :-)

#162 nine5raptor

nine5raptor

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationMO
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, Nexus 5, Moto X

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

"We are working on this. Really any black/blue wallpaper should do. Once I get around to putting a small black outer glow around the text it should be readable on any color screen."

No prob. Just thought I'd ask :). Mine picked up an older wallpaper so I don't k know if it had a stock one that matched the rom.

#163 Eric214

Eric214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

See my response to MaddHatter below.

We are working on this. Really any black/blue wallpaper should do. Once I get around to putting a small black outer glow around the text it should be readable on any color screen.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yes. We ran into a few problems with signing. We had to resign a lot of apps to get certain things to boot with the ROM. The problem is I may have resigned a few apps I shouldnt have. If you or anyone can give me a list of the apps that arent updating I will make sure they work in the next update. As for the verizon/gamecenter issue, Im going to assume that it has something to do with our way of removing bloat. The way JB is setup, verizon wanted to make it ridiculously hard to remove bloat. Instead of just placing the apps on system somewhere, they created a whole seperate partition for them. The only way to remove them was to delete them from the partition, which means they disappear from the phone completely, on all roms. We saw that this might be a problem for some people, so we have made a zip the user can flash that restores all vendor/verizon apps back to the phone. You can get it here:

Try restoring that and see if NHL Gamcenters verizon features work for you. If so then it is tied into one of the apks.

I havent really had any issues so far with the battery. Strange. I know deep sleep works really well. My phones been on for 5 1/2 hours in deep sleep and lost 8 percent battery... hopefully this gets better for you after the rom has been installed for a while.

What governor and I/O scheduler were/are you using for the 5 hours and 8% use on battery?

#164 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

I get messaging fc when I try to send group mms

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#165 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

"We are working on this. Really any black/blue wallpaper should do. Once I get around to putting a small black outer glow around the text it should be readable on any color screen."

No prob. Just thought I'd ask :). Mine picked up an older wallpaper so I don't k know if it had a stock one that matched the rom.

There was a wallpaper that came with the ROM. If it didnt install for you that is very strange indeed.

What governor and I/O scheduler were/are you using for the 5 hours and 8% use on battery?

The defaults. Pegasusq and sio.

I get messaging fc when I try to send group mms

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is a known issue with the cm10 messaging app if the ROM is not 4.2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention,

#166 MaddHatter

MaddHatter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:sparksDM
  • Current Device(s):MotoX 4.4

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Alright, I did the vendor restore and no luck. I tried flashing it over the existing installation and doing a full wipe fresh install then flashed the zip before immediately after. Both had no change. Rolled back to alpha and beta and back in business. I wish I could be more helpful. 

MotoX on 4.4

DROID Bionic 4.1 (Retired)

#167 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

#168 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Been running the ROM and having no problems so far.  My only issue, though, is that for some reason I keep dropping to 3G.  I try disabling data, turning airplane mode on then off, and even rebooting.  After a reboot 4G returns, but then disappears after a little while.  Not sure if it's just being on JB or not, haven't tried any other ROMs since updating to JB, considering the fact I like to be able plug the phone into my TV every once in a while.

#169 Tattooz305

Tattooz305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

I installed the CrossBreeder script last night. Looking forward to see if I notice a difference today.
Anyone else install it? See any difference?

Sent from my JB Bionic

#170 bigmarv33

bigmarv33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

what does crossbreeder do?

#171 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

Protip:

AC!D Audio - 

Crossbreeder - 

Xposed - 

#172 07734dan

07734dan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Wow, I'm impressed! This is smooth. Any word on themes in the works? ( I know it is a bit early, but ya never know )

#173 5thAgent

5thAgent

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Are you on the 4.1.2 update?

Yes, I am. I don't know why this won't work. Trying again today. Deleted all my ROM slots, gonna make a fresh slot2 for this one with 2gb for data instead of 1. Maybe this'll work.

Edit: Also this time I'm gonna flash the mods I wanna flash before the first boot. May as well. So I just created a fresh slot and am flashing Blurry JB 1.0, then crossbreeder, then OC. Wish me luck!

Edit edit: Okay so it did the same thing again. SS showed up, I hit continue, it went away and showed up again, then went black and stayed black. Does it matter which ROM slot I'm in?

Edit edit edit: I'm gonna try the RestoreVendor.zip file. Here goes.

Final edit: Okay I give up. Trying out the carbon port on droidhive.

Okay for real, last edit: Can someone get me an md5 on the 1.0 zip?

Posted Image

#174 c_live_lee

c_live_lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Twitter:c_live_lee
  • Google+:116609432208837778358
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

I dont know what to tell you about this one. All I can say is wait for the next release and see if its still a problem... thats very strange indeed.

Go to /system/etc/ and open the file vold.fstab in a text editor. (Any file manager with r/w access to /system should work, I used root explorer.

-----|Edits are colored |-----

Find:

Replace with:

Save changes and reboot. Your SD cards should now have been swapped. At least for the currently installed rom, this wont help with SafeStrap though.

Holy $#!+, dude! lmao! For the very first time since I downloaded beta 2 and version 1.0, I logged into Droidrzr on a PC. It took me all of ten seconds to figure out why I've had the odd issues that no one else has had!

This has NEVER happened to me before, in my years using Android devices but, it finally did. I flashed this BIONIC rom on my RAZR MAXX! How embarrassing! :blink: :wacko:lol:

That explains SO much. I have no idea though what led me to this rom initially because I wouldn't have deliberately been looking in the Bionic forum. Maybe Tapatalk had some sort of glitch or, maybe I even had some sort of glitch. Oh well. At any rate, thank you for the helpful attitude, although we now know you couldn't POSSIBLY have fixed it. lol Markus, you did teach me something though. I'm happy to have made this mistake because I now know how to switch out SD0 and SD1 designations.

With everything said and done, this is a beautiful rom which I HOPE SOMEONE WILL PORT TO THE MAXX SOON!! (hint hint to any devs out there!) Don't even try to tell me it can't be done. Hell, it already works so well that I didn't immediately notice it wasn't made for my device! :p

Posted Image

#175 MaddHatter

MaddHatter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:sparksDM
  • Current Device(s):MotoX 4.4

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

The post that WAS here had a command. I did not use that because I did not have the CrossBreeder script installed. I happened to solve both of my problems after working it through a bit. I replaced the Google apps with the ones from an alpha build, and that solved the page file signing blah blah. I also moved some of the included apps around and now I have regained my VZW features in NHL Gamecenter. On my lunch break, I am going to try to pinpoint a specific apk.

MotoX on 4.4

DROID Bionic 4.1 (Retired)

#176 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Having problems getting notifications with go sms, both in status bar and pop up. Test notification doesn't work either. Anyone else having this? Love the rom other than that btw.
<p>-ZwRavenBionic - Flying Jelly; Droid X - Apex retired

#177 giant25

giant25

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Did anyone ever get the Google Search app to update in the Play Store successfully?  I saw that there was a vendor restore zip offered a few posts back, but I didn't want ALL of those apps restored (I like black themed Gmail).  I was just hoping to update Google Search so that I could select Motorola's Voice Commands for use with my BT headset (doesn't sound intuitive, but that's how to get Google Search off of the default dailer function).  If there's an original Signed Google Search app available, I'd be glad to try it.  Thanks.

#178 klick37

klick37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Slow, clunky, lots of added bloat, horrible battery life. I tried with and without the extras. I switched back to stock over this.

#179 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Slow, clunky, lots of added bloat, horrible battery life. I tried with and without the extras. I switched back to stock over this.

Great review. How long did you run it? Have to let things settle for a few days...
  • c_live_lee likes this

#180 c_live_lee

c_live_lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Twitter:c_live_lee
  • Google+:116609432208837778358
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Dude, it wasn't even slow and clunky on the wrong phone! And who switches back to a truly bloated stock rom over one with a couple of small value adding utilities, while citing bloatware as a reason? My battery life was less than stellar but, since the Bionic and the MAXX aren't identical in hardware (Different screen type; Different processors; Different battery size and type), I would expect something like that.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users