#961 compuburn

compuburn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

Yes!! I finally have acheived root with this phone. I've tried all the other exploits to no avail. Thanks everyone for the hard work and easy to follow instructions. Now to delete all the stupid bloatware....

• livinginkaos likes this

#962 Hibish

Hibish

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yes, success using recent Linux Mint build on X86 64-bit platform.  Thank you!

#963 Dbrown

Dbrown

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):droind bionic

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

First time rooter.  When I reboot via SafeStrap it doesn't bring up the SafeStrap boot screen, it just brings up my normal lock screen.  Any suggestions?

#964 salviKid

salviKid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Thanks a lot! This worked great, even while using a 64-bit Ubuntu version. I appreciate the instructions. 

• livinginkaos likes this

#965 eduardogaytan7

eduardogaytan7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Bionic

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

May be I am too ignorant but I cant find the Remote storage button in the file manager. All i can see is:

Device Storage

SD card

Favorites

Recent

when i open the options menu I only see Legal information ....Help please!

#966 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

May be I am too ignorant but I cant find the Remote storage button in the file manager. All i can see is:
Device Storage
SD card
Favorites
Recent

when i open the options menu I only see Legal information ....Help please!

Are you on jellybean 4.1.2?

#967 ciphernemo

ciphernemo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

OP, please add this command before trying to apt-get the samba package. It is necessary for many instances of Ubuntu, especially LiveCD environments, otherwise the user will get errors and samba won't install/run.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

• cmh714 likes this

#968 ciphernemo

ciphernemo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

It worked just fine for me, thanks OP.

Note: I had to do a factory hard reset first (

) to get the root to work. Before I did this I noticed errors when running run.sh related to pwn.

#969 codyh07

codyh07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnavarre
  • Current Device(s):pc

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hellp it says indowsUtility.bat is not recognized  as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

#970 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hellp it says indowsUtility.bat is not recognized  as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

You did not extract the zip correctly. Use WinRar to extract it to your desktop

• codyh07 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#971 codyh07

codyh07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnavarre

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

You did not extract the zip correctly. Use WinRar to extract it to your desktop

thanks I figured it out im rooted on xt907 98.18.94 but I was wondering if I could unlock the bootloader to flash custom roms I cant figure that out or can u even unlock

#972 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

On the version you are on, you will not be able to unlock.

You can use SafeStrap and flash stock based roms however.  They are few and far between.  RageRom is one,

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#973 codyh07

codyh07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnavarre

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

You can use SafeStrap and flash stock based roms however.  They are few and far between.  RageRom is one,

thanks man

#974 codyh07

codyh07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnavarre

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

also does using safestrap wipe ur memory and take away root when u flash a new rom

#975 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

also does using safestrap wipe ur memory and take away root when u flash a new rom

It will not remove root. What does wipe your memory mean?? Are you talking about your personal data?? Then yes a normal wipe of Data, cache and dalvik is always recommended when flashing a rom

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#976 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Does XT907 not have CM or AOSP based ROMs? I thought that was second gen RAZR (First being the flip phone :p ) and was supported with CM.

To clarify on the wiping memory and data, if you're using SafeStrap and flashing a custom ROM, on the Bionic, it's flashed to virtual drives that are stored on the internal SDCard, which does NOT wipe your data for the original stock ROM. It creates a new empty virtual system, data, and cache set of files in your SDCard and uses that virtual set to install the ROM to and run it from. I don't know if it behaves the same with the XT907, though. I don't own one.

#977 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Actually a 907 is a 3rd gen razr, 1st was the flip, 2nd was the 910-912 RAZR and maxx, 3rd is the M, the HD, and the HD Maxx. A lot of us that have 3rd gen razrs are lucky enough to have cracked or developer models, so we TWRP instead of safestrapping Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#978 CompletelyVoid

CompletelyVoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location238,900 miles from the Moon

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I feel sooooo close to getting this.

I get to the same spot.  I can't seem to "Add Storage" to go correctly on my Bionic.  The phone comes back with "The information you entered is incorrect.  Please confirm your information is correct and try again."

My phone is on My wifi.  The desktop is hardwired back to the router.  The ip addresses are in the same octet or whatever they say (desktop is 192.168.1.10 and phone is 192.168.1.8)  I have tried on two seperate pc's running hard drive installed Linux Mint.  I tried a CD boot of Ubuntu 11.04.  I poked around my router setup for some sort of obvious - click here to block samba shares....  I tried workgroup, WORKGROUP, Workgroup...  Changed my password a couple of times.

I even tried another droid phone and couldn't get it to add a "Remote Storage" location.  I get the same error.   I am at wit's end.  Any thoughts on what to check? 

Thanks in advance!

#979 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

I feel sooooo close to getting this.

I get to the same spot.  I can't seem to "Add Storage" to go correctly on my Bionic.  The phone comes back with "The information you entered is incorrect.  Please confirm your information is correct and try again."

My phone is on My wifi.  The desktop is hardwired back to the router.  The ip addresses are in the same octet or whatever they say (desktop is 192.168.1.10 and phone is 192.168.1.8)  I have tried on two seperate pc's running hard drive installed Linux Mint.  I tried a CD boot of Ubuntu 11.04.  I poked around my router setup for some sort of obvious - click here to block samba shares....  I tried workgroup, WORKGROUP, Workgroup...  Changed my password a couple of times.

I even tried another droid phone and couldn't get it to add a "Remote Storage" location.  I get the same error.   I am at wit's end.  Any thoughts on what to check? 

Thanks in advance!

If you get too flustered, just skip all that and use

.  Much simpler one click style.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#980 CompletelyVoid

CompletelyVoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location238,900 miles from the Moon

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Doh....

I seem to have forgotten this step:

sudo smbpasswd -a guest