Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#42 steveo17

steveo17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

despite the build.prop edits. i still have the phone fc issue.  mms sends though

#43 steveo17

steveo17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

despite the build.prop edits. i still have the phone fc issue.  mms sends though

Wiped cache & dalvik and it hasn't come back yet. Bluetooth audio worked for a split second. But not anymore

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#44 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I've been running Carbon since last night and have not had any issues at all. Camera works. MMS is fine.<br /><br />Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#45 lxbigv01

lxbigv01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Am I the only one who has lost the ability to group chat after rebooting?  The option (check box) in the message settings has disappeared and I am no longer able to group chat.  Anyone know whats up with that?  thanks for the other fixes! Love the rom other than these few issues.

EDIT: nvm came back after I added the few lines to the build prop and rebooted.  Thanks!

Edited by lxbigv01, 24 April 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#46 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Wiped cache & dalvik and it hasn't come back yet. Bluetooth audio worked for a split second. But not anymore

What I would probably do is wipe everything and start over fresh, and edit the build.prop before rebooting the first time. I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's just what I'd be inclined to do.

#47 wilkster

wilkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's just what I'd be inclined to do.

Am I the only one that finds this exceedingly humorous ;-)

Sent from my EOS JB TF101

#48 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

What I would probably do is wipe everything and start over fresh, and edit the build.prop before rebooting the first time. I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's just what I'd be inclined to do.

Basically this. It's the method I used and I only have the unresolvable issues at this point.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#49 braves10

braves10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX HD, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

I can see 19 birds and lock onto 12 in about 3-5 seconds sitting by the big window at the end of my couch (on stock). I've let GPS Status search for 2-3 minutes in the same position with nothing on CM/AOKP. I've read of some people saying they backed up the app in their stock rom and restored it on AOKP to get it working but I have not tried that yet.

Stock (Nexusque v3) GPS is unreal on this phone. This was in the house 8ft from a window with the blinds closed.
Screenshot_2013-04-23-20-05-53.png
That was 4 seconds to lock onto 14 which jumped to 16 before I was able to capture.

I had the same problem. I restored a blur-based backup, turned on GPS and got it locked, and then booted into recovery. I tried to restore the 4.2.2 backup but GPS still wouldn't lock. So I restarted the process and just wiped everything and flashed the 4.2.2 ROM and now GPS locks. That was for the Carbon port so I'm guessing it still applies to all 4.2.2 ROMS.

#50 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid X, Droid RAZR HD

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

So I did the build.prop thing and now I have group messaging, which is nice, but the phone still FC on me. Awwww maaaannnn. :(

#51 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

So I did the build.prop thing and now I have group messaging, which is nice, but the phone still FC on me. Awwww maaaannnn. :(

Did you try doing a clean install and then editing the build.prop? Anyhow, there are at least two 4.2.2 roms out that now have the fix built in - AOKP over at XDA, and Carbon at Droid-Hive. Edit: Pac Man has it now too.

#52 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

You would have need to have done the edit before first reboot for it to completely work properly. 

Posted Image

#53 braves10

braves10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX HD, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Has anyone else's battery level been off? When flashing between 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 ROMs I had a discrepancy of up to about 30%. Any guesses as to why this happens and is there anyway to correct it? 

#54 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Has anyone else's battery level been off? When flashing between 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 ROMs I had a discrepancy of up to about 30%. Any guesses as to why this happens and is there anyway to correct it? 

That has happened to me. I think it's a "calibration" issue - seems to fix itself after you charge it to 100%.

#55 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

That has happened to me. I think it's a "calibration" issue - seems to fix itself after you charge it to 100%.

This. It's been a generic android issue for a long time. Fully charging/discharging will fix it. It's not related to this phone or st of ROMs. It's been happening less on modern phones but it does happen when flashing back and forth. Wiping battery stats does NOT fix this issue as battery stat wiping to fix similar issues has been urban legend for a loooong time.

• braves10 likes this

Posted Image

#56 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hmm I must be lucky! The only issue I have from this list on CM10/AOKP/Pacman is camcorder not working.

However I am not sure if this is a kernel/rom bug or app bug, but I use Camera MX, and it seems to have problems handling zoom. If I try to zoom in, it zooms in much faster then it should. Once zoomed in all the way the foxus stays zoomed in even when the app thinks/previews like I zoomed out all the way. I have not got to test other cameras to confirm if it is a camera driver/lib(?) bug or if it is an app bug so I wanted to pass it along anyway.

And not a bug but seems like a fair place to ask, is it just me or is the option to disable camera shutter sound missing in pacman?

#57 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hmm I must be lucky! The only issue I have from this list on CM10/AOKP/Pacman is camcorder not working.

However I am not sure if this is a kernel/rom bug or app bug, but I use Camera MX, and it seems to have problems handling zoom. If I try to zoom in, it zooms in much faster then it should. Once zoomed in all the way the foxus stays zoomed in even when the app thinks/previews like I zoomed out all the way. I have not got to test other cameras to confirm if it is a camera driver/lib(?) bug or if it is an app bug so I wanted to pass it along anyway.

And not a bug but seems like a fair place to ask, is it just me or is the option to disable camera shutter sound missing in pacman?

As the stock cm camera doesn't exhibit your zoom issue (I just checked) I wouldn't think that is a consistent issue with these ROMs. AOKP doesn't exhibit this issue on its stock camera either as far as I'm aware.

As for the shutter sound issue, I'd ask in the pacman thread. This thread is a generic thread for issues that appear in all the ROMs at the moment. I haven't run that particular ROM so I can't help you. Maybe try alternate camera software?

Posted Image

#58 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

As the stock cm camera doesn't exhibit your zoom issue (I just checked) I wouldn't think that is a consistent issue with these ROMs. AOKP doesn't exhibit this issue on its stock camera either as far as I'm aware.

As for the shutter sound issue, I'd ask in the pacman thread. This thread is a generic thread for issues that appear in all the ROMs at the moment. I haven't run that particular ROM so I can't help you. Maybe try alternate camera software?

Don't they all use the same AOSP camera? Thanks for confirming, I have avoided the stock camera because I dont like pinch to zoom and even when testing pinch to zoom works horrible across these roms for me where as it worked OK on stock and fusion.

As for shutter, I would if new members wasn't restricted to one post a day at droid-hive. Plus it it was a feature in AOKP in the rom control section and maybe CM. Since pacman is a hybrid of the two, plus paranoid, this seemed like the best place to ask besides the pacman thread since it fits the category of sharing the same base as the other roms I believe even if it technically isn't a bug.

#59 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Don't they all use the same AOSP camera? Thanks for confirming, I have avoided the stock camera because I dont like pinch to zoom and even when testing pinch to zoom works horrible across these roms for me where as it worked OK on stock and fusion.

As for shutter, I would if new members wasn't restricted to one post a day at droid-hive. Plus it it was a feature in AOKP in the rom control section and maybe CM. Since pacman is a hybrid of the two, plus paranoid, this seemed like the best place to ask besides the pacman thread since it fits the category of sharing the same base as the other roms I believe even if it technically isn't a bug.

Try here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#60 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid X, Droid RAZR HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

For some reason, my ICCID (SIM card) isn't coming up on PACman or just CM10.1. I restored to stock and it came up fine but on these, even after a clean flash, nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users