Photo

FastBoot Flash failure

Best Answer AK47sForAll , 23 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Instead of using a utility you can manually flash a boot logo to remedy the fastboot flash failure. If you used the utility from the 3rd post, that is actually a utility for the OG razr. That might have been your issue, If you need help with flashing a new boot logo manually post here or pm me.

I did go ahead and flash it manually and that seems to have solved the fastboot flash failure, the only issue I have now is that my device isn't recognized by utilities like RSD when I put it into fastboot mode.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Ok, I used a utility to try and change my boot logo called "Splash Screen Creator". I won't go into details, but it said it failed and messed up my device so that everytime I turned it on it said flash failed in the FastBoot menu which is always where it went by default. After trying a safestrap restore and even flashing another rom, nothing was solving this problem. Finally, I went to the thread here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and followed those instructions and got it so my device will boot normally. Note that even though it was going into FB automatically if I brought up the bootloader and selected either normal boot or factory, it booted and ran normally. Anyway, the only lingering problem is that when I go into fastboot, my device still isn't recognized by programs like RSD. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

(Moral of this that I learned is don't use lazy utilities for things you can do yourself just because you don't feel like it)

#2 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

You could try matts utility to go back to a clean stock

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • shane1 and AK47sForAll like this

#3 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Instead of using a utility you can manually flash a boot logo to remedy the fastboot flash failure. If you used the utility from the 3rd post, that is actually a utility for the OG razr. That might have been your issue, If you need help with flashing a new boot logo manually post here or pm me.

#4 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:42 PM   Best Answer

I did go ahead and flash it manually and that seems to have solved the fastboot flash failure, the only issue I have now is that my device isn't recognized by utilities like RSD when I put it into fastboot mode.

#5 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Ok tried the utility and it just closes after I push a key.

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Press "enter" not "any key."

• shane1 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#7 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

Press "enter" not "any key."

Tried that already :/

#8 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

If RSD doesn't see it, neither wil Matt's utility - they both need to see the device in the same way. I would try installing/reinstalling the Motorola drivers. There is a new version out, so maybe just upgrade it. Good luck.

#9 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Tried to download and its the same; tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. The odd thing is I can still flash things from a command prompt from my computer in platform tools.

#10 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

OK I really need help on this now because I need to do a restore because my phone isn't going into safestrap and can't load the ROM I put on there for some reason. So I need to be able to use a utility or something to do a restore on it or I'm in deep $#!+ here. I think if I get this restored I'm done messing with ROMs period.

#11 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

When you plug the phone into the computer, does it recognize it and open up the folder for it? Do you have USB Debugging turned on?

If you solved the fastboot flash failure, why are you still trying fastboot restore it? The phone seems to be running fine, you just can't get the PC to recognize it. You are having Safestrap problems, so you need to go into the SS app in the app drawer, open it, and choose "uninstall recovery." After this you need to delete the .apk and removed all SS files in your File Explorer. Try to re-install SS and see if you can't get it running correctly. The issue right now is with SS.

The issue with loading a ROM is SS. The issue with PC recognition is probably setup or hardware relatate.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#12 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

UPDATE: Apparently the FB issue is related to my computer. Luckily I have access to another one and am running Matt's utility now. Will let you know how it goes.

• neckchop likes this

#13 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

When you plug the phone into the computer, does it recognize it and open up the folder for it? Do you have USB Debugging turned on?

If you solved the fastboot flash failure, why are you still trying fastboot restore it? The phone seems to be running fine, you just can't get the PC to recognize it. You are having Safestrap problems, so you need to go into the SS app in the app drawer, open it, and choose "uninstall recovery." After this you need to delete the .apk and removed all SS files in your File Explorer. Try to re-install SS and see if you can't get it running correctly. The issue right now is with SS.

The issue with loading a ROM is SS. The issue with PC recognition is probably setup or hardware relatate.

Tried to install a ROM and had it crash the $#!+ out of my phone. It's basically behaving as if it has no ROM.

#14 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Which version were you on originally? 4.1.1 or 4.1.2?

I'm asking because if you're on 4.1.1 you need to use the razr m 1.10 utility. If you're on 4.1.2, you need the new utility, 1.20. Matt released it a few hours ago with fxz files for the newest ota

#15 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'm on 4.1.1 and I'm now back to functional, thanks for all the help.

• neckchop, netizenmt and RikRong like this

#16 yelson13

yelson13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

thanks this helped 

#17 usama

usama

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPakistan
  • Current Device(s):motrolla xt907

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hello all,

I first made a recovery of my system to the sd card using my recovery. Once this was completed I downloaded the latest stable release and put it at the root of my sd card. Using my boot/recovery tool I installed it into the stock rom slot. I think I need to recover my device. Upon next reboot I get the following screen that I can't get past:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2013-05-24 14:49:34)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is Locked, Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure
usb connected Recovery tool used: Well I don't know now because installing this seems to have wiped my boot loader

#18 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

Well, you talk of Stock Slot, so I assume that you were using SafeStrap?  If you know what stock system you were on, you can flash that FXZ using RSD or House of Moto.  I see your bootloader is locked?  If you weren't on the latest stock release .15 , you can still get the bootloader unlocked.  You can check that out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- BE VERY SURE TO FOLLOW THE LINKS FOR THE XT907 device.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users