Photo

[SOLVED]SafeStrap not going into recovery no os on phone

xt807 safestrap no os motorola droid razr m help

Best Answer tucstwo , 24 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

OK, OFFICIALLY SOLVED! This member needed the 4.1.2 Razr M FXZ files that were pre-released this evening. (I'm sure a public release in imminent). When he flashed the (edited...to confirm previous version..in his case) he was able to get his phone fully restored and booting. Case CLOSED.

To those reading. The Razr M 4.1.2 FXZ files HAVE leaked and I'm sure will be on SBF developers within hours. Cheers!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Haha my bad.
  • tucstwo likes this

#82 aiur1

aiur1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Note 3 (SM-N900V)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

WHAT IM BACK NOW

#83 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

WHAT IM BACK NOW

Read your PMs son. And reach me on Gtalk. Im trying to get you!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#84 aiur1

aiur1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Get in chatroom

#85 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Just want to hijack this thread to say what an awesome community. Love to see people helping each other.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • neckchop, Memnoch73, tmyinc and 2 others like this

#86 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just an update for everyone who's been helping in this thread. I wish I could add [SOLVED] to the title, but it wouldn't be fair to the OP as though his problem is solved, his phone is still broken. I'll explain:

Ok, so after some messing around in the chat room, the realization came up that the OP was already flashed to the latest 4.1.2 system. I didn't know that. At the moment, we only have at our disposal 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 fastboot files. We also found out that this started after wiping all the slots in his safestrap and then accidentally rebooting without any system installed. We were running into all these errors because his secure version updated with 4.1.2, his bootloader was yet to be unlocked and we all know you can't downgrade once your secure version updates.

Our last ditch effort was to flash the 4.1.2 OTA (that

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

provided me earlier in the week, thanks for that, btw), but it failed right away at file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop":no such file or directory So, as there was no system. That option was not going to work.

Sadly, until Razr M 4.1.2 fastboot files leak out, there's very little we can do for the OP at this moment. This is a reason that makes it vital to have your bootloaders unlocked. Had it been done on this phone already, 4.1.1 would have flashed with no problems and we'd have been done last night. The FB files have been leaking rather quickly lately. So hopefully, the OP won't be stuck for too long.

^^This is also shows that if you have a problem, you need to give out all relevant information.  A mechanic can't fix your car if you tell him over the phone that your BMW is leaking oil and he can't see it in person, but in reality it's a Pinto with a water leak.

With that being said, these kind of threads show me what a great community this is.  I have learned a lot reading all the problem threads in the last couple weeks since the unlock exploit came out.  I would take DroidRzr over XDA anytime.  It is far more tolerant and friendly here.

• Nanniepoo, neckchop, shane1 and 1 other like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#87 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:02 PM   Best Answer

OK, OFFICIALLY SOLVED! This member needed the 4.1.2 Razr M FXZ files that were pre-released this evening. (I'm sure a public release in imminent). When he flashed the (edited...to confirm previous version..in his case) he was able to get his phone fully restored and booting. Case CLOSED.

To those reading. The Razr M 4.1.2 FXZ files HAVE leaked and I'm sure will be on SBF developers within hours. Cheers!

• Aixelsyd, milski65, neckchop and 5 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#88 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

As soon as they show up, they'll be added to my fastboot folder on my desktop! 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#89 aiur1

aiur1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

I would also like to thank everybody that helped me. You guys saved me so much pain. I am not due for an update until late 2014. I also have no insurance other then theft on the phone. You guys are the best community I have ever seen. You have made a lifetime member out of me. You guys literally saved my phone. I am currently on my phone right now listening to music. Everything is updated, and all working perfectly. I have already tested calling, texting, the camera, and the led-flash. It's all A-okay. So thank all of you again, and I will be seeing you guys around. :)

• Aixelsyd, milski65, neckchop and 6 others like this

#90 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I would also like to thank everybody that helped me. You guys saved me so much pain. I am not due for an update until late 2014. I also have no insurance other then theft on the phone. You guys are the best community I have ever seen. You have made a lifetime member out of me. You guys literally saved my phone. I am currently on my phone right now listening to music. Everything is updated, and all working perfectly. I have already tested calling, texting, the camera, and the led-flash. It's all A-okay. So thank all of you again, and I will be seeing you guys around. :)

now you need to contact me so we can root and unlock that phone so this kind of thing NEVER happens again

• Aixelsyd, neckchop and shane1 like this

#91 aiur1

aiur1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Skype mang

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#92 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Tried, no answer. Wil keep trying

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

#93 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Is there anyway he can flash just the boot.img from a command prompt of the platform tools instead of a utility, even if it is 4.1.1 instead of 4.1.2? My FB is not working right with applications, but I was still able to flash a boot.img from a command prompt instead of a utility, which did not fix the phone completely, but at least allowed me access to safestrap.

#94 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

Is there anyway he can flash just the boot.img from a command prompt of the platform tools instead of a utility, even if it is 4.1.1 instead of 4.1.2? My FB is not working right with applications, but I was still able to flash a boot.img from a command prompt instead of a utility, which did not fix the phone completely, but at least allowed me access to safestrap.

Technically yes it could be flashed like that using fastboot. However with the actual FXZ being leaked for the M of the 4.1.2 build really no point in doing it that way. 

#95 CLJohnson2810

CLJohnson2810

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I know it has been a while since this was resolved with Aiur1, but I have the same exact issue. Is there any way that someone could assist me in getting this knocked out as well? I would be greatly debted to you! I've tried the 4.1.2 1.20 utility and that doesn't seem to do much of anything. I've tried the 4.1.1 1.10 version, and it completes and reboots my phone, but then it goes right back to the black screen of misery! And yes, I had Safestrap on mines as well.....Please help!!

#96 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

I know it has been a while since this was resolved with Aiur1, but I have the same exact issue. Is there any way that someone could assist me in getting this knocked out as well? I would be greatly debted to you! I've tried the 4.1.2 1.20 utility and that doesn't seem to do much of anything. I've tried the 4.1.1 1.10 version, and it completes and reboots my phone, but then it goes right back to the black screen of misery! And yes, I had Safestrap on mines as well.....Please help!!

is the link to the firmware. Use the latest RSD lite to flash.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#97 CLJohnson2810

CLJohnson2810

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

is the link to the firmware. Use the latest RSD lite to flash.

Don't think I've read on any of the forums how to use this in full. Is there a guide that I can read that shows me the how-to's for this? And I definitely appreciate you helping me out with the link...

• neckchop likes this

#98 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm not sure there is a guide but it's pretty straight forward. Download and install rsd lite. Open it. Plug your phone in USB and it should pop up in the program. Browse in program to the FXZ file and then hit flash. I've only used it a few times and this is going from memory so give it a go and pop back in if you have problems.

• neckchop, shane1 and CLJohnson2810 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#99 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

these are some instructions for rsdlite of course its not for the m but it should help if you need it

good luck!

Edited by shane1, 13 May 2013 - 05:16 PM.

• neckchop, brandon71 and CLJohnson2810 like this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#100 CLJohnson2810

CLJohnson2810

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm not sure there is a guide but it's pretty straight forward. Download and install rsd lite. Open it. Plug your phone in USB and it should pop up in the program. Browse in program to the FXZ file and then hit flash. I've only used it a few times and this is going from memory so give it a go and pop back in if you have problems.

Thank you! You've been helpful...

these are some instructions for rsdlite of course its not for the m but it should help if you need it

Coo....I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the help. You guys are awesome!

• neckchop and shane1 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt807, safestrap, no os, motorola droid razr m, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users