BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Only ROMs that are moto base will have the HDMI connection feature. It is a moto thing not a AOSP thing. So if you like and do it stick with the custom ROMs that are based off of the OTA.

Bytecode

I am currently running Avatar on slot 3 with a fully stock OTA Bean on Stock slot. Will this work with Avatar or should I just try it with the ROMs that I have seen in this tread.

Hmm I'm not familiar with Avatar but from what I've heard it's AOSP so it should work.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#22 ewangw

ewangw

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationKing George, VA
  • Current Device(s):AT&T Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Bytecode,

Maybe it's me, but I just flashed this on my CM10.1 4/26 nightly. While it will load, my phone goes through the reboot cycle if I try to access any of my apps. I did wipe cache and dalvik before install. Any thoughts?

What thing happens once every minute

Twice every moment

But never once in a hundred thousand years.

#23 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Bytecode,

Maybe it's me, but I just flashed this on my CM10.1 4/26 nightly. While it will load, my phone goes through the reboot cycle if I try to access any of my apps. I did wipe cache and dalvik before install. Any thoughts?

Anybody else can confirm?

#24 kaneofmars

kaneofmars

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Bytecode,

Working fine for me

Edit: Spoke too soon... After a while the phone starts to lag and eventually becomes unresponsive then reboots. Its worse when opening the app drawer, takes about 3 secs for the apps to populate.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#25 Eric214

Eric214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I seem to be ok i have a fresh CM10.1 4/26 build installed (deleted rom slot-1 and re-partitioned) No apparent issues and put No-Frills CPU control on and Quadrant standard on to test a few governors and ranged from 2240-3632 scores. No lag or FC's at all so far. I've been up 40 min on it now.

#26 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Bytecode,

Working fine for me

Edit: Spoke too soon... After a while the phone starts to lag and eventually becomes unresponsive then reboots. Its worse when opening the app drawer, takes about 3 secs for the apps to populate.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

I seem to be ok i have a fresh CM10.1 4/26 build installed (deleted rom slot-1 and re-partitioned) No apparent issues and put No-Frills CPU control on and Quadrant standard on to test a few governors and ranged from 2240-3632 scores. No lag or FC's at all so far. I've been up 40 min on it now.

Just looked if there were new commits to fetch from CM. Nothing new in OMAP kernel. It's something wrong in the ROM not the kernel.

• kaneofmars likes this

#27 vince2796

vince2796

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Only ROMs that are moto base will have the HDMI connection feature. It is a moto thing not a AOSP thing. So if you like and do it stick with the custom ROMs that are based off of the OTA.
Bytecode
I am currently running Avatar on slot 3 with a fully stock OTA Bean on Stock slot. Will this work with Avatar or should I just try it with the ROMs that I have seen in this tread.

Avatar is based off cm 10.1 so it should work

#28 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

flashed on freshly created slot one with:

Cm 10.1 4/26 Nightly

Gapps 3/01

codekernel zip

I can't get LTE to turn on, which would be fine except 3g always runs around dail-up speed for me since i started using copious amounts of data.

Anyone else having trouble with data connectivity on 4/26 build and or codekernel?

I'm from the internet and so can you!

#29 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hmm I'm not familiar with Avatar but from what I've heard it's AOSP so it should work.

Tried it on avatar and out just say there on a black screen. It was probably a later version. Got the latest PAC and it rocks with the new kernel. Going to download the latest build of Avatar later and try it out in a day or two. Want to optimize PAC and use as a daily.

new_animated_sig.gif

#30 Eric214

Eric214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

flashed on freshly created slot one with:

Cm 10.1 4/26 Nightly

Gapps 3/01

codekernel zip

I can't get LTE to turn on, which would be fine except 3g always runs around dail-up speed for me since i started using copious amounts of data.

Anyone else having trouble with data connectivity on 4/26 build and or codekernel?

I had an issue at first, i just airplane mode and then turned airplane mode off and rebooted and it came up. It was slow as the ROM settled and baked for a few, maybe 5-10 min then it was all good for me.

Eric

#31 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I had an issue at first, i just airplane mode and then turned airplane mode off and rebooted and it came up. It was slow as the ROM settled and baked for a few, maybe 5-10 min then it was all good for me.

Eric

Shoot... That's exactly what i tried. I gave it about two hours and still couldn't get it with either reboots or airplane mode toggling  :(

#32 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Bytecode,

It worked fine on CM10.1 4/26 however kernel was not identified in Settings/ my phone. It was overwritten when flashed 4/27 update. Need to find a way of keeping kernel when flashing updates.:ph34r:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#33 Eric214

Eric214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

It worked fine on CM10.1 4/26 however kernel was not identified in Settings/ my phone. It was overwritten when flashed 4/27 update. Need to find a way of keeping kernel when flashing updates. :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, propably not likely as CM is using their own kernel... no reason to make that happen when it's their ROM. Plus it takes all of 10 seconds in SS to reflash it no big deal.

#34 Eric214

Eric214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Also, anyone have a recommendation on the kernel and IO scheduler combo for better battery life?

#35 Eric214

Eric214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Shoot... That's exactly what i tried. I gave it about two hours and still couldn't get it with either reboots or airplane mode toggling  :(

well Build 4/27 through the CMUpdater broke the hell out of my 4G LTE radio (have 3g fine) and i can't seem to do anything to get it back so i'm reverting back to 4/26 with Byte Kernel

#36 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Also, anyone have a recommendation on the kernel and IO scheduler combo for better battery life?

The default ROW and hotplug right now.

well Build 4/27 through the CMUpdater broke the hell out of my 4G LTE radio (have 3g fine) and i can't seem to do anything to get it back so i'm reverting back to 4/26 with Byte Kernel

And that IS the nightly, the kernel will not affect radio signal.

#37 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

And that IS the nightly, the kernel will not affect radio signal.

Regardless, I'm sad that I don't get to enjoy your custom goodies yet :'(

Also, What stops us from flashing your kernel over a fully working nightly like say the stoner edition's kernel?

#38 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Regardless, I'm sad that I don't get to enjoy your custom goodies yet :'(

Also, What stops us from flashing your kernel over a fully working nightly like say the stoner edition's kernel?

Stoner's edition kernel?

#39 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Stoner's edition kernel?

well the 4/20 one was the most stable i've seen. Figured they were related :)

#40 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

well the 4/20 one was the most stable i've seen. Figured they were related :)

Aww I understand ;)

What stops you is that all the CM nightlies before 4/22 were built for the 3.0.31 kernel and all of them after were built for 3.0.8 kernel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bytecode, kexec, kernel, Bionic, AOSP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users