#1 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

I have a Razr running .173 not currently rooted. It was rooted using Matt's Utility and I did flash a couple of different ROMs. In anticipation of the not yet released soak test I flashed my .173 backup and unrooted. I am not sure that when I unrooted and deleted all apps requiring root that there isn't some trace or elements of root left on my phone. Example: using ROM ToolBox I selected the "eliminate adds" function. Now, even after unrooting, adds appear to be eliminated. My question is this: What is the best way to completely wipe my phone clean and return to stock .173. Will running Matt's utility for returning to .173 "clean" out all cache and "left overs" from previously installed apps or do I need to root, wipe cache, format system, factory reset etc?

#2 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I have a Razr running .173 not currently rooted. It was rooted using Matt's Utility and I did flash a couple of different ROMs. In anticipation of the not yet released soak test I flashed my .173 backup and unrooted. I am not sure that when I unrooted and deleted all apps requiring root that there isn't some trace or elements of root left on my phone. Example: using ROM ToolBox I selected the "eliminate adds" function. Now, even after unrooting, adds appear to be eliminated. My question is this: What is the best way to completely wipe my phone clean and return to stock .173. Will running Matt's utility for returning to .173 "clean" out all cache and "left overs" from previously installed apps or do I need to root, wipe cache, format system, factory reset etc?

Never mind...I got er done with Matt's utility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users