n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@DoseOfAndroid
  • LocationBoone, NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, Incredible 2, X2, NS4G,

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

ok so I read through everything and tried everythin then retried everything like was said to deter any help issues, but I have one problem that your guide to FXZing didn't help me with. I just find it odd. On many of the HOB fun stuff we need to be on a 32-bit Ubuntu, or instal ia32-libs or whatever package if running 64. I went through all instructions on FXZ'ing to 246. Read through the directions, open up the HOB.htm, followed those instructions to read the README file on fxz'ing, I made my 246_FXZ folder, extracted the files to the root of that, went to HOB and 246 FXZ. I used it to boot into AP flashboot, then it got there, I hit enter, came up with an error after one line of logging. Enter again, error after two lines of logging. Enter again, error after three lines of logging, and then I get this pretty little error that pops up saying a 32bit OS was detected, I must be on 64-bit to FXZ. Out of the README, the HouseOfBionic.htm, and FAQ provided with the program, I have not found anywhere that 64 bit is required. I just went through the FAQ link down at the bottom, and all the hob.htm really does is point me to the readme after a couple things. Can you tell me, am I missing the print somewhere that tells me I need to be 64bit to FXZ 246 with HOB?? Thank you. I don't mean to sound rude at all during this, I'm just a bit frustrated at this point bc this is an environment in which I'm usually comfortable and can navigate and operate with ease, now I'm just getting annoyed. errrrrr. i figured a new post would be the easiest way to bring this to attention, instead of the very long only other thread not stickied. if I messed up, please provide me with a helpful response then delete this.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

here's the output of the fxz logs.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

In the House of Bionic Discussion thread, it has been discussed that due to the size of the webtop file, a 32 bit Linux cannot push the package to the phone. You may be able to have HoB skip webtop, if you don't need to push it, as it hasn't changed

#3 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

You are running it in a bash shell.... Right?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Non potest esse nisi unus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users