Photo

Razr M vs Razr HD radios.

Best Answer RikRong , 02 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Flashing the wrong radio is quickest way to brick your phone.  Have you updated to 4.1.2?  This included a new baseband.  I noticed a marginal improvement in my low reception areas at work.  The actual physical antenna on the HD might be larger because the frame is bigger.  That could be the cause of better reception.

Here is a link to the components of 4.1.2, all seperated into individual images.  My bootloader is unlocked and I never updated to Verizon's 4.1.2 update.  I'm running a 4.1.1 ROM and I flashed the 4.1.2 radio with no problem.

http://www.droidrzr....ase-components/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jphillips.hd88

jphillips.hd88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Because the 4g reception is far superior on my HD vs. my wife's M....was wondering if the radio.img from the HD can be fastbooted
To the M?.... And or at least ported? Tired of my HD receiving 4g and the M on 3g...Thanks!

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I would say no. I have never heard of a radio working on any phone other than the one it's made for. I assume there is some software and hardware stuff that is deeply tied to that phone. Maybe someone above my pay grade can chime in with more details...

• jphillips.hd88 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:34 PM   Best Answer

Flashing the wrong radio is quickest way to brick your phone.  Have you updated to 4.1.2?  This included a new baseband.  I noticed a marginal improvement in my low reception areas at work.  The actual physical antenna on the HD might be larger because the frame is bigger.  That could be the cause of better reception.

Here is a link to the components of 4.1.2, all seperated into individual images.  My bootloader is unlocked and I never updated to Verizon's 4.1.2 update.  I'm running a 4.1.1 ROM and I flashed the 4.1.2 radio with no problem.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• neckchop, jphillips.hd88, Memnoch73 and 1 other like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#4 jphillips.hd88

jphillips.hd88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

I figured as much, . I know we are just unlocked so the option of tweaking radios is still at ground level and really appreciate all the work the devs do to make these better phones!

Yeah, I was on the 4.1.2 update then downgraded to run rage rom....thanks for the 4.1.2 flashable radio, I'll try that. 

Jody

#5 killlt

killlt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hello 

I am looking for a flashable radio for the Razr. I have CDMA_N_05.21.00R running 4.1.2 and I want to get the radio  CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00 so I can have 4G LTE.

Thanks

#6 Deacon

Deacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Some reason I don't have access to that post can someone link me to the radios please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users