6 replies to this topic

#1 HaVoK C89

HaVoK C89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

So I've been browsing the various ROMs out there and I believe I've about fallen in love w/ Black Widow ICS and would love to have it on my phone. I've come from the DINC which seemed a lil easier than this phone to root and flash (maybe its just me?) Could I get some help on where to start? What files will I need? A process from start to finish? I'm currently on:

6.12.173.XT912

Also (as updates stopped on my DINC) will it be easier to update w/ rooting and flashing vs trying to get the ones from Verizon OTA?

Thanks for any and all help guys! :)

#2 chuckboy1129

chuckboy1129

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Google+:chuckboy1129@gmail.com

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

So I've been browsing the various ROMs out there and I believe I've about fallen in love w/ Black Widow ICS and would love to have it on my phone. I've come from the DINC which seemed a lil easier than this phone to root and flash (maybe its just me?) Could I get some help on where to start? What files will I need? A process from start to finish? I'm currently on:

6.12.173.XT912

Also (as updates stopped on my DINC) will it be easier to update w/ rooting and flashing vs trying to get the ones from Verizon OTA?

Try matts utility

#3 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Try matts utility

+1 to that. Matt's utility is a must have, lol

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/1648-droid-razr-utility-windows-new-thread/

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

6.12.173.XT912

Since you are already on the .173 software, all you need to do is download Mattlgroff's latest utility. It can give you root, and I believe it can install a recovery for you as well. After that, just go to the Black Widow thread, download and flash the ROM as per the instructions in the OP and you should be good to go!
  • HaVoK C89 likes this

#5 HaVoK C89

HaVoK C89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Wow that sounds really simple lol. Thank you!

#6 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Wow that sounds really simple lol. Thank you!

Yep, it's pretty simple :) if you hit any speed bumps or need help, just let us know. We'll get you straight :)

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk
  • HaVoK C89 likes this

#7 HaVoK C89

HaVoK C89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Will do, hopefully I can get on it tomorrow after work lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users