14 replies to this topic

#1 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

So here's the story:

I'm transferring a file to my internal storage when it suddenly reboots. It stuck in the "Warning" sign for a while and i'm trying the Power+Up Button to get to the Bootloader. It barely works until i finally get in and go to recovery. TWRP is not able to recognize the internal SD at all and is not able to mount into anything. I tried to flash a rom from my external SD and it would fail. Kind of at a loss right now, any help?

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

So here's the story:

I'm transferring a file to my internal storage when it suddenly reboots. It stuck in the "Warning" sign for a while and i'm trying the Power+Up Button to get to the Bootloader. It barely works until i finally get in and go to recovery. TWRP is not able to recognize the internal SD at all and is not able to mount into anything. I tried to flash a rom from my external SD and it would fail. Kind of at a loss right now, any help?

You're probably going to have to fastboot back to stock. Seems like your entire phone got borked in the process.

#3 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

a little late but try rebooting recovery i had a similar issue twrp went crazy on me! i rebooted recovery a couple times and was then able to restore a backup from ext.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#4 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

You're probably going to have to fastboot back to stock. Seems like your entire phone got borked in the process.

I'm trying to revert to stock through RSD. I'm getting the getvar error and i look it up and i have to delete two lines where it says getvar. However any app i use says the XML file is too big. Is there any program that can handle such a large file?

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

My guess is you are trying to edit the zip file not the xml file within the zip. The XML file is 3kb so its not large.

Rename the file with a zip extension and then extract it you should see the xml file with the getvar statements that you can remove.

#6 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

My guess is you are trying to edit the zip file not the xml file within the zip. The XML file is 3kb so its not large.

Rename the file with a zip extension and then extract it you should see the xml file with the getvar statements that you can remove.

Ahh. Sorry about that. Thanks!

#7 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ahh. Sorry about that. Thanks!

No worries. We are here to help each other.

#8 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

So i got rid of the "getvar" and tried it again and recieved another error "Failed Flashing Process. 1/27 flash sbl1 "sbl1.mbn" -> Phone returned FAIL

I feel like my entire internal SD just got damaged or something. Has anyone else had this problem?

#9 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

I also tried the Droid HD Utility and it also failed.

#10 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx, maxx hd, samsung galaxy tab 2

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

your xml file should look like this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

put ALL the files from the zip into the same directory, I made a folder called "stock" on the root of my C: drive, you can name it whatever you want tho..  boot your phone into AP fastboot, connect the usb cable then open up RSD lite, make sure you have the latest version (6.1.4.), browse to where you extracted the zip and open the XML file, open it and hit start.. i had all kinds of problems when trying to use matts utility, using this method with this XML worked perfectly to restore mine back to stock... give it a shot

#11 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

your xml file should look like this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

put ALL the files from the zip into the same directory, I made a folder called "stock" on the root of my C: drive, you can name it whatever you want tho..  boot your phone into AP fastboot, connect the usb cable then open up RSD lite, make sure you have the latest version (6.1.4.), browse to where you extracted the zip and open the XML file, open it and hit start.. i had all kinds of problems when trying to use matts utility, using this method with this XML worked perfectly to restore mine back to stock... give it a shot

Sorry no luck :( i think my internal storage got fried or soemthing. Is there anyway to format it within recovery/fastboot? The ENTIRE internal storage? when i got to recovery it says that my internal storage is 0MB.

#12 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx, maxx hd, samsung galaxy tab 2

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

you could try fastboot erase system -w

fastboot erase userdata

fastboot erase boot

but it sounds like you said, the internal SD is borked, you could try flashing back to stock recovery and call verizon for a replacement.. i sent a maxx hd back with an unlocked boot loader and they haven't contacted me about voiding the warranty or sent me a bill for a new phone... yet.. so it's worth a try

#13 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

you could try fastboot erase system -w

fastboot erase userdata

fastboot erase boot

but it sounds like you said, the internal SD is borked, you could try flashing back to stock recovery and call verizon for a replacement.. i sent a maxx hd back with an unlocked boot loader and they haven't contacted me about voiding the warranty or sent me a bill for a new phone... yet.. so it's worth a try

Yup getting a replacement from Verizon. Thank you , cmh714, shane1, and bigdaddyhicks for trying to help! But this is beyond anything anyone can do. Fairly drunk right now after my last final in my college career so sorry if i don't make sense!

#14 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Congrats on the last test of college !
  • johnpaul12 likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#15 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip