• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I’m going go to through an idea well okay maybe a suggestion (not really) and obviously not doing this through the normal suggestive route. I think back when I first, bought this Razr Maxx HD, which I’ve owned countless smartphones before this time. But what ways are there to attract new members, people, developers, and the full gamut? I’m sure there are great members that lead to great contributions and team building and I’m sure there is some 16 year old there that can crack code like Hashcode or better. For those of us that own either a Razr HD or Razr Maxx HD or even an M or Atrix HD. I have to wonder to myself and speaking out to others, are there people that we can bring to this site, show them aliitle or more what there is to offer. And of course those 16 years that read code like the Hunger Games. Where can we find you?

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Developers will come, a few new ones have already shown themselves.  We just unlocked the bootloader last month.  Before that, no one wanted to touch this phone because there's really no point in messing with something that has locked bootloader.  There has been incredible (IMO) development since the unlock came out.  I've seen atleast 4 new or revised builds for the M come out in the last few weeks.  You have the HD, and development has really kicked off for it.  You have all kind of ports going, the PacROM makes me jealous.  I had a Samsung tablet, before this phone, and that's what got me going into Android.  However, I've seen more development for the Razr lately.  Sure, there are a lot more ROMs out for my tablet, but there's really been nothing new come out recently.  Something new pop ups once a week on this forum.    

• KaChow likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

haha have fun finding so :p i wish i knew code haha i fit the age group perfectly :p im 16 but im theming. but yeah im sure people will development :)

• KaChow likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

haha have fun finding so :p i wish i knew code haha i fit the age group perfectly :p im 16 but im theming. but yeah im sure people will development :)

Dude, you can do more than this than you know.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#5 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm working on RikRong is talking about. I don't know about what you guys think and maybe this ego of course cutting in, but this site seems to be like Development Central, think is we know it, but how can we convince others of it?

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm working on RikRong is talking about. I don't know about what you guys think and maybe this ego of course cutting in, but this site seems to be like Development Central, think is we know it, but how can we convince others of it?

I've posted links on XDA a few times, but I don't want some of those people around here. I also have a feeling that there's a lot going on that we don't know about. 

Zoo,  I knew I was on the "old" end of the spectrum, when it comes to modding 'Droid, but thanks for proving the point. ;)

#7 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I've posted links on XDA a few times, but I don't want some of those people around here. I also have a feeling that there's a lot going on that we don't know about. 

Zoo,  I knew I was on the "old" end of the spectrum, when it comes to modding 'Droid, but thanks for proving the point. ;)

lmao age is a number? :p people of all ages are here so haha

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Kachow, you should actually jump into a conversation going on in the developers lounge. I see you're a superuser,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Memnoch73 and cmh714 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

KaChow, a very interesting thread, conversation, concept. And one which the staff is mulling around with the Devs. It would be a rather large project and probably a bit to manage, but the idea is fantastic and out there.

All I can say is hopefully we can make something work and stay tuned....

Edit: Tucs ninja'ed me :)

• KaChow likes this

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

lmao age is a number? :p people of all ages are here so haha

Yeah, I know.  I just had to give some grief. ;)  There are lot of things I wish I would have learned, and coding was one of theme.  

• zooyork0721 likes this

#11 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Okay, so while I asked the first part of this question and did get some interesting responses. Probably, what drives me to this next thought and is also the reason behind starting with the “Outside the Box” idea, is that this is rather an outside suggestion box thread, as it was asked there, but maybe the idea could prove to be something that the community could find interest in. As I have mentioned this before this site happens to contain some of the greatest talent that there is on Android devices, which I look obviously to the ones that I know of, because I have the particular device that I have and therein lies my interest.  But at the same time I find a fascination with Development and of course helping others out, maybe that is somewhere in the gene pool and I do know plenty of others that do the same thing, in many cases theming and developing at levels that I can never imagine achieving, but it is being surrounded by them that brings inspiration. Which I have to wonder, as there are many developers that do what they do and make a satisfying income from it, while others that do this as a hobby or personal interest, or something in between. At the same as I pursue this Android hobby that I have that I spend a great amount of time on, I have to wonder is there an easier way to learn how to do some of these great things that these developers and themers can do. This next part brings me to a question, where I mention one of my favorite personal terms and also rather leads this discussion into another direction, of course following what has been said up until this point.

Now, think back to post #1 with the question “Where can we find you?”, obviously the goal was looking for new members that were skilled already, with unheard of talents. Think of that “Android Army” picture, where there are dozens of columns and rows of Androids, lined up, which to us it was these Android devices that were taking over as they have done. The challenge has always been how to get new or more members, enthusiasts, themers, developers, staff, administrators, etc. So, why not build an Army? Seems simple enough and it is, the one thing that I have always felt was the greatest challenge with my Android device, was learning either how to use, make it mine, custom theme it, and develop something of my very own. As you can probably see I am not a computer guy, code is not something I understand, but I am happy to speak out and help out when I can. DroidRzr is filled with talent, Developers, Themers, Hackers, and everything in between. Consider that with such a lack of information that is understandable or comprehendible to the Android owner wanting to learn more, what about holding a Virtual Classroom where there is Developer or Themer perhaps a class of 15-30 people. Maybe the class is Developing 101 or Theming 101 or whatever curriculum you would like to have that is either site approved or Developer recommended. These could start off as “Enthusiast Classes” or “Developer Training,” something that is not offered anywhere, and here is where my favorite word comes in again, DroidRzr would have a “competitive business advantage” there are no forums in existence that offer this, perhaps, funds raised by the class go towards the site and instructor. Start by looking at smaller or more simplified courses, have pre-requisites to go into advanced courses, everything is done on line, some courses could actually have credit, or certificates, depending on how the courses are built. But, most importantly, with competitive business advantage, there is no competition, the site knows who best Developers are, the leaders, the teachers, and instructors. There is also a ginormous membership here, it would be very easy to start a class, spread the word and start another class… Just thinking outside the box, 201

#12 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I would say our newly created Android Dev and theming section

fits very well into this current conversation of building new Devs and Themers from all our great  users here.  :)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#13 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I would say our newly created Android Dev and theming section HERE fits very well into this current conversation of building new Devs and Themers from all our great  users here.  :)

That and the guide from BDH and the following replies will help that as well. I think that will help to stimulate, especially if more helpers or guides are put out there. I know I immediately downloaded the stuff and tinkered with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  • Memnoch73 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I would say our newly created Android Dev and theming section HERE fits very well into this current conversation of building new Devs and Themers from all our great  users here.  :)

Just heads up, that link doesn't work on tapatalk. It said "sorry we're not sure what topic you're trying to view."

Sent from my Raged Out HD using Tapatalk (VIP)

#15 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just heads up, that link doesn't work on tapatalk. It said "sorry we're not sure what topic you're trying to view."

Sent from my Raged Out HD using Tapatalk (VIP)

Probably because it goes to a forum section and not a specific thread.

is a specific thread best fitting this topic.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#16 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I would say our newly created Android Dev and theming section

fits very well into this current conversation of building new Devs and Themers from all our great  users here.  :)

I happen to feel this was something that always needed to be here, but I don't see this as a solution and it is not even close to what I'm talking about..

That and the guide from BDH and the following replies will help that as well. I think that will help to stimulate, especially if more helpers or guides are put out there. I know I immediately downloaded the stuff and tinkered with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Of course a Staff member such as yourself, that has great comfort and ability in tinkering around with these projects can do so very comfortably. BDH did a great job!

I'm sorry I see a BIGGER PICTURE here, I see a site that has some of the best development and see visitors (non-members) that find this site interesting, but also find it too difficult to enter a conversation or join and become a member. I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and that is not my business, but I’ll ask you this if you held a class, on “How  to Design a Custom  Logo for an XT926”, how many people do you think would sign up to learn how to do this instantly, so that at the end of the class they could do it themselves. What is that worth? How much would it cost? How difficult would it be to do something like that? Sure a good Themer, could do Logo’s to order for donations/tips, but I would bet that in the 30 minute class, it would quadruple the individual efforts, not mention bring in money for site and increase further awareness to those that are new at this, and want to know more (or know others that would find this interesting.) I think that I read somewhere and I can’t remember the exact number or percentage, but the article was about how many people modify or root their phones on a percentage scale, I don’t remember exactly, but I can imagine the number was close to 11-17% maybe. There is a large market out there, sure we could stop and say this is good enough, we are doing this and it is a great improvement to what else is out there that anyone else is doing. Or we could say, well this site, and that site, and that site doesn’t offer this, we do, it is successful our membership increases by xx% every week, and now we are at a point that we are like a full-time school. We have programs on this, programs on that, look at what one member of this class did, look at all these Alpha or Beta ROMs and Kernels, themes, our theme gallery is gigantic.

#17 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

“How  to Design a Custom  Logo for an XT926”

i call i do this one :p lmao i have 40+ boot logos for razr HD

just for clarification i make them as a request and for myself lol not for "tips/donations" i know that wasnt directed to anyone but i dont think people do it for just a dollar here and there. most do it because they have a passion for (insert liked thing here)

but i see what you meani

• KaChow likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#18 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

i call i do this one :p lmao i have 40+ boot logos for razr HD

but i see what you mean

See you could run an Online Class, have zoo instruct it, 30 people in a class or whatever number fits the software instruction. 30 minutes on install this, install that, download, logo.bin, install and that's it. Instructor and Institution is paid, everyone understands how to do it, happy customers and money.  :)

I mention money, institution is paid, instructor is paid, and all the software and crap is an added cost to the overall program.

#19 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I happen to feel this was something that always needed to be here, but I don't see this as a solution and it is not even close to what I'm talking about..

Of course a Staff member such as yourself, that has great comfort and ability in tinkering around with these projects can do so very comfortably. BDH did a great job!

I'm sorry I see a BIGGER PICTURE here, I see a site that has some of the best development and see visitors (non-members) that find this site interesting, but also find it too difficult to enter a conversation or join and become a member. I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and that is not my business, but I’ll ask you this if you held a class, on “How  to Design a Custom  Logo for an XT926”, how many people do you think would sign up to learn how to do this instantly, so that at the end of the class they could do it themselves. What is that worth? How much would it cost? How difficult would it be to do something like that? Sure a good Themer, could do Logo’s to order for donations/tips, but I would bet that in the 30 minute class, it would quadruple the individual efforts, not mention bring in money for site and increase further awareness to those that are new at this, and want to know more (or know others that would find this interesting.) I think that I read somewhere and I can’t remember the exact number or percentage, but the article was about how many people modify or root their phones on a percentage scale, I don’t remember exactly, but I can imagine the number was close to 11-17% maybe. There is a large market out there, sure we could stop and say this is good enough, we are doing this and it is a great improvement to what else is out there that anyone else is doing. Or we could say, well this site, and that site, and that site doesn’t offer this, we do, it is successful our membership increases by xx% every week, and now we are at a point that we are like a full-time school. We have programs on this, programs on that, look at what one member of this class did, look at all these Alpha or Beta ROMs and Kernels, themes, our theme gallery is gigantic.

I totally appreciate your "bigger picture" view here...

Couple things... How do you propose to advertise this upcoming "class" should we like to do something like that?? I think with everyone's real life commitments it would be difficult to get everyone on at the same time. Don't you think a thread with complete instructions on how to do well.. just about anything would be more appropriate to get your message across to the masses. That way someone today can take advantage but also the guy that doesn't know he even wants to start themeing/deving until 6 months from now would still be able to take advantage of the same thread??

Please don't take any of my comments as negative I think this is a great and important conversation to have.

• KaChow likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#20 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

i agree ^ i dont think an online class will work too well, but i do think a video how to is great, write ups are great, but if possible maybe adding a video? at times. i dont think all write ups need a video to go with. 

• Memnoch73 likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genius, android, code, razr hd, crack, offer, belong, new members, key lime pie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users